Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 - 3 User
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Trend Micro
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: TIS085598
- Stock Code: 524280
- More: Trend Micro Internet Security
- Availability: SOLD OUT
Easy to install, configure, and manage, Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 automatically updates and immunizes your PC and removes malicious threats buried deep inside your computer. With features for home network protection, URL filtering, data-theft and online-fraud protection, unauthorized change prevention, and much more, this superior suite goes far beyond the basics.
Trend Micro Internet Security Features:
- Protection Against Viruses - An award-winning anti-virus engine protects against computer viruses, worms, Trojan horse programs, and related security threats. Automatic updates immunize you against new computer virus outbreaks.
- Protection Against Spyware - Powerful anti-spyware technology protects your personal information and privacy against spyware, rootkits and other malicious software.
- Personal Firewall - Prevent your computer from exchanging data with the Internet without your approval, and defend against computer attacks from the Internet.
- Protection Against Web Threats - Steer clear of online phishing scams that try to steal credit card and bank account numbers. Continuous updates identify the newest risky Web sites.
- Wireless Home Network Monitoring - Find and block wireless home network intruders.
- Home Network Controls - Manage, configure and update the security of every computer on your home network with an easy-to-use management console.
- Safeguard Multiple Computers - Install Trend Micro Internet Security on up to three home or mobile computers.
- Advanced Parental Controls - Take charge of where your children go on the Web by blocking Web sites with inappropriate content.
What's New in Trend Micro Internet Security 2008
- Prevent Unauthorized Changes/Proactive Intrusion Blocking - Improved security policies find and stop unwanted attempts to change your operating system and critical software.
- Image Spam Filtering - Stop seeing spam that tries to evade filters by delivering images instead of just text.
- Worry-Free Web Surfing - Identify suspect Web sites before you open them. Disable links to untrustworthy Web sites received by email (available early 2008).
- Customizable Security Warnings - Decide exactly how often you want to receive warnings about security threats.
- Security Activity Reports - Regular reports summarize how Trend Micro Internet Security has protected you.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||3 Users|
|Operating System||See Extra Details|
|Min CPU||Intel Pentium 800MHz (1GHz recommended)|
|Min HDD||300 MB|
|Min RAM||512 MB (1 GB recommended)|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024x768|
|Peripheral Devices||CD- or DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
System Requirements:Compatible Microsoft Operating Systems
- Windows Vista Ultimate, Business, Home Premium, or Home Basic
- Windows XP Home or Professional Edition SP2
- Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 SP2
- Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 SP2
Note: Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 supports both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of all Windows Vista editions named above.CPU
- Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, or Ultimate (32-bit or 64-bit): Intel Pentium 800MHz (1GHz recommended)
- Windows XP Home, Professional, Media Center or Tablet PC: Intel Pentium 350MHz
Note: Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 can support computers with processors equivalent to those listed above, as well as Intel Hyper-Threading and dual core processors. It also supports RAID 0 (Striping) or RAID 1 (Mirroring).Memory, Disk Space, and Monitor
- 128MB minimum (512MB recommended) for Windows XP
- 512MB minimum (1GB recommended) for Windows Vista Home Basic
- 1GB for Windows Vista Home Premium, Business or Ultimate
- 300MB available for installation
- 1024 x 768 (XGA) minimum with high color
- AOL Browser 9.0 Security Edition
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 with Service Pack 2 (SP2)*
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0
- Mozilla Firefox 2.0
* For Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0 with Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003 or 2007
- Mozilla Thunderbird 1.8 or 2.0
- Windows Mail (for Microsoft Windows Vista)
- Yahoo! Mail
- MSN Hotmail / Windows Live Mail
- AOL Mail
- AOL Instant Messenger 5.9
- ICQ 5.1 or ICQ Lite
- MSN Messenger 7.5*
- Windows Live Messenger 8.0
- Yahoo! Messenger 8.0
* For Microsoft Windows XP onlyInternet Connection
Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 needs an Internet connection. This is necessary to register online, download updates, obtain virus information, send email to support, and browse pages on the Trend Micro website.
If your connection to the Internet charges fees per connection, by the time connected, or by the amount of data downloaded, note the following. This product's Automatic Update feature may trigger extra connection fees. To avoid them, make sure your router or connection software does not automatically start a connection. Follow your router's instructions to edit its settings. Otherwise, deactivate the Automatic Update feature.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.