Symantec Norton Ghost 15
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Symantec
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: 20097684
- Stock Code: 025750
- More: Norton Ghost
- Availability: Call For Availability
Norton Ghost 15.0 protects your applications, settings, folders, files and everything else on your PC with professional grade backup and recovery.Enhanced encryption, error checking, Cold Imaging (backup without installing) and new Windows 7 Bitlocker support help ensure your backups are safe. And if your system should fail, you can quickly restore your PC and recover lost or damaged files--even if your computer's operating system won't start.
Norton Ghost 15.0 lets you decide what gets backed up (full system or specific files and folders) and when (scheduled and event-based backups). Enhanced compression helps reduce the amount of required storage. And you can backup to most storage devices, including external hard drives, networked drives, recordable and re-writable CDs and DVDs and now even Blu-ray Disc.
- Creates full system and file backups--Safeguards your system, settings, applications, and files with flexible, comprehensive backup protection.
- Restores from system failures--Recovers your system and data even when you can't restart your computer.
- Enables convenient, secure offsite backups--Saves recovery points to an FTP site for easier offsite management and even backs up your data to network-attached storage devices.
- Backs up on schedules and events--Lets you decide what is backed up and when so you can customize backups based on how you use your computer.
- NEW! Cold imaging
- NEW! Blu-ray Disc support
- File and folder backups
- NEW! Windows 7 Bitlocker support
- NEW! Symantec ThreatCon integration
- Advanced compression and encryption
- Incremental backup
- Event based backups
- Onsite and offsite backups
- Full system (disk image) backup and restore
- NEW! Cold Imaging lets you back up files without installing Ghost.
- NEW! Blu-ray Disc allows you to back up large amounts of data to high-capacity Blu-ray Disc--up to 25 GB per disc (50 GB dual-layer).
- NEW! Windows 7 support including support for Bitlocker provides enhanced data protection through drive encryption and integrity checking.
- NEW! Symantec ThreatCon integration leverages intelligence from Symantec's industry-leading security research organization to automatically backup files whenever ThreatCon reaches a specified threat level.
- Full system (disk image) backup lets you easily backup everything on a hard drive or partition.
- File and folder backup lets you back up only the files and folders you choose, rather than backing up and entire disk.
- File backup search finds and backs up only the types of files you choose, such as photos, MP3 files, and documents.
- Incremental backup copies only files that have changed for fewer, faster backups.
- Customizable, event-based backup triggers backups based on key events, such as when you install a new program or when there are sudden increases in data storage.
- Offsite backup copies recovery points to a FTP site for easier offsite backup management.
- NAS backup gives you the option of backing up your files to network-attached storage devices.
- Advanced compression automatically compresses files so you can store more files in less space.
- Advanced encryption helps keep your sensitive documents safe from prying eyes.
- System protection lets you easily restore your system, applications and files even when you can't restart the operating system.
- Google Desktop integration makes data recovery even faster with searchable backup indexes.
- LightsOut Restore lets you quickly restore your system without needing a bootable CD.
- Remote management lets you remotely control other Norton Ghost installations (12.0 and higher) on your local area network.
- Scheduled P2V allows you to automatically create a virtual disk from your most recent backup.
- Version support lets you restore older disk images made with Ghost 10, 12 and 14.
- Multiple storage options let you back up to almost any media, including Blu-ray Disc, CDR/RW and DVD+-R/RW drives, USB and FireWire (IEEE 1394) devices, network drives, and Iomega Zip and Jaz drives.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Windows 7 Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate,Windows Vista Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate,Windows XP Home/Professional|
|Min CPU||300 MHz or faster processor|
|Min HDD||430 MB of available hard disk space|
|Min RAM||512 MB (1GB recommended)|
|Min Screen Requirements||800 x 600|
|Peripheral Devices||CD- or DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
Windows 7 Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate
Must meet minimum Windows 7 operating system requirements
Windows Vista Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate
Must meet minimum Windows Vista operating system requirementsWindows XP Home/Professional
- 300 MHz or faster processor
- 512 MB (1GB recommended) of RAM
- 430 MB of available hard disk space
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive for software distribution on media
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution video adapter and monitor
- FAT16, FAT16X, FAT32, FAT32X
- NTFS, GUID Partition Table (GPT)
- Dynamic Disks
- CDR/RW, DVD+-R/RW, Blu-Ray devices
- USB and FireWire (IEEE 1394) devices
- Iomega Zip and Jaz drives
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.