Symantec Backup Exec Agent 12 for Sharepoint Server
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Symantec
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: 13122484
- Stock Code: 024490
- More: Backup Exec 12
- Availability: SHIPS FREE TODAY
Recover critical data in seconds with the enhanced Agent for Symantec Backup Exec Agent 12 for Windows Microsoft Sharepoint. This agent now supports both Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server 2003, as well as Windows SharePoint Services 2.0/3.0. Using a 32-bit or 64-bit Backup Exec 12 media server, this agent can protect 32-bit or 64-bit MOSS-2007 servers deployed on a Single-Server or within a Multi-Server Farm. This Agent leverages the innovative Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) which helps IT Administrators save time and money by giving them the ability to restore individual documents from a single-pass database backup. GRT allows the IT Administrators to restore the documents to the original document library in the SharePoint farm or redirect restore of documents to the file system.
Backup Exec Agents and Option enhance and extend platform and feature support for Backup Exec Environments. Whether you need to protect critical Microsoft applications or non-Microsoft Operating systems, Backup Exec 12 for Windows Servers has an expansive portfolio of high powered Agents and Options to scale and grow a Backup Exec environment. The Backup Exec 12 Media Server and Agent of Windows Systems licenses now include Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) and Intelligent Disaster Recovery Option (IDRO).
This agent safeguards a SharePoint corporate knowledgebase system with online, fast, and reliable data protection and recovery. Plus distributed server farm configurations are fully supported by the high powered agent.
- Granular Recovery of individual SharePoint documents in seconds
- Fast, efficient data protection
- Flexible support for SharePoint Server and SharePoint Services
KEY FEATURES OF BACKUP EXEC v12:
- Complete data protection for Windows-based server environments
- Innovative multi-product integration with market leading technologies
- Patent-pending Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) recovers critical application data in seconds
- True Continuous Data Protection eliminates the backup window by continuously protecting data as it changes
KEY BENEFITS OF BACKUP EXEC v12:
- Optimized Data Protection of Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- New Backup Exec Agent for Enterprise Vault ensures valuable data archives are backed up and easily recoverable
- Symantec Online Storage integration provides a secure, cost efficient, easy to manage off-site storage location
- Symantec Endpoint Protection integration triggers proactive backups of critical databases to further protect data from crippling virus outbreaks
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 Server|
|Operating System||Windows Server 2003 / Windows 2000 Server SP4 / Windows XP SP2 / Windows XP Pro 64-bit / Windows SBS 2003 SP1 / Windows SBS 2000 SP4 / Windows Storage Server 2003 SP1|
|Min CPU||Intel Pentium, Xeon, AMD, or compatible|
|Min HDD||805 MB|
|Min RAM||256 MB (512 MB recommended)|
|Peripheral Devices||CD- or DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later|
|Internet/Network||Network interface card or a virtual network adapter device|
SYMANTEC BACKUP EXEC FOR WINDOWS SERVERS: SYSTEM REQUIREMENTSOperating Systems Supported
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server (SP4 and Update Rollup 1 for SP4)
- Windows Server 2003 & x64 Editions
- Windows Storage Server 2003 (SP1)
- Windows XP (SP2)
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
- Windows Small Business Server 2000 (SP4)
- Windows Small Business Server 2003 (SP1)
- Windows Small Business Server R2
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
- Service Pack 1 is required for SQL Server 2005 Express
- Intel Pentium, Xeon, AMD, or compatible
Memory -- Backup Exec Media Server
Note: RAM Requirements may vary depending on the operations performed, the options installed, and the specific computer configuration.
- Required: 256 MB RAM
- Recommended: 512 MB RAM (or more for better performance)
Memory -- Backup Exec CASO Server
Note: RAM requirements may vary depending on the number of media servers being supported.
- Required: 512 MB RAM
- Recommended: 1 GB RAM
Virtual Memory Recommendations
- 20 MB above the Windows recommended size for total paging file size (total for all disk volumes)
Note: Disk space requirements may vary depending on operations performed, the options installed, and the specific system configuration. Backup Exec database and catalogs require additional space.
- 696 MB (Typical Installation)
- 805 MB (includes all options)
- Network interface card or a virtual network adapter card
- CD-ROM drive
- (Recommended) A mouse
- (Optional for pager notification) Modem supported by Microsoft Windows
- (Optional for printer notification) Printer supported by Microsoft Windows
Backup Exec requires at least one storage media drive and/or single-drive robotic library and the appropriate controller card. Removable storage devices and non-removable hard drives can also be targeted for backups.
Note: Support for a single robotic library drive is available when you purchase Backup Exec. To enable support for additional robotic library drives, you must purchase Backup Exec Library Expansion Option.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.