Symantec Backup Exec Agent 12 for Lotus Domino Server
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Symantec
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: 13122482
- Stock Code: 024484
- More: Backup Exec 12
- Availability: SOLD OUT
Symantec Backup Exec Agent 12 for Windows Lotus Domino Server integrates comprehensive data protection of vital Lotus Domino 6.x, 7.x and 8 messaging and collaboration databases within daily backup activities. The backup and restore of partitioned and clustered Lotus Domino servers are also supported. Using the native Domino backup API, this option integrates non-disruptive data protection of the databases and transaction logs. Plus flexible restore options include database redirection and point-in-time "rollback" recovery of databases or transaction logs.
Backup Exec Agents and Option enhance and extend platform and feature support for Backup Exec Environments. Whether you need to protect critical Microsoft applications or non-Microsoft Operating systems, Backup Exec 12 for Windows Servers has an expansive portfolio of high powered Agents and Options to scale and grow a Backup Exec environment. The Backup Exec 12 Media Server and Agent of Windows Systems licenses now include Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) and Intelligent Disaster Recovery Option (IDRO).
Users benefit from user-controlled recycling of the transaction logs, reducing manual intervention and speeding up recovery.
- Now supports Lotus Domino 8
- Flexible restore features
- Efficient, easy to manage data protection of the Lotus Domino database and transaction logs
KEY FEATURES OF BACKUP EXEC v12:
- Complete data protection for Windows-based server environments
- Innovative multi-product integration with market leading technologies
- Patent-pending Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) recovers critical application data in seconds
- True Continuous Data Protection eliminates the backup window by continuously protecting data as it changes
KEY BENEFITS OF BACKUP EXEC v12:
- Optimized Data Protection of Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- New Backup Exec Agent for Enterprise Vault ensures valuable data archives are backed up and easily recoverable
- Symantec Online Storage integration provides a secure, cost efficient, easy to manage off-site storage location
- Symantec Endpoint Protection integration triggers proactive backups of critical databases to further protect data from crippling virus outbreaks
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 Server|
|Operating System||Windows Server 2003 / Windows 2000 Server SP4 / Windows XP SP2 / Windows XP Pro 64-bit / Windows SBS 2003 SP1 / Windows SBS 2000 SP4 / Windows Storage Server 2003 SP1|
|Min HDD||805 MB|
|Min RAM||256 MB (512 MB recommended)|
|Peripheral Devices||CD- or DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later|
|Internet/Network||Network interface card or a virtual network adapter card|
SYMANTEC BACKUP EXEC FOR WINDOWS SERVERS: SYSTEM REQUIREMENTSOperating Systems Supported
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server (SP4 and Update Rollup 1 for SP4)
- Windows Server 2003 & x64 Editions
- Windows Storage Server 2003 (SP1)
- Windows XP (SP2)
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
- Windows Small Business Server 2000 (SP4)
- Windows Small Business Server 2003 (SP1)
- Windows Small Business Server R2
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
- Service Pack 1 is required for SQL Server 2005 Express
- Intel Pentium, Xeon, AMD, or compatible
Memory -- Backup Exec Media Server
Note: RAM Requirements may vary depending on the operations performed, the options installed, and the specific computer configuration.
- Required: 256 MB RAM
- Recommended: 512 MB RAM (or more for better performance)
Memory -- Backup Exec CASO Server
Note: RAM requirements may vary depending on the number of media servers being supported.
- Required: 512 MB RAM
- Recommended: 1 GB RAM
Virtual Memory Recommendations
- 20 MB above the Windows recommended size for total paging file size (total for all disk volumes)
Note: Disk space requirements may vary depending on operations performed, the options installed, and the specific system configuration. Backup Exec database and catalogs require additional space.
- 696 MB (Typical Installation)
- 805 MB (includes all options)
- Network interface card or a virtual network adapter card
- CD-ROM drive
- (Recommended) A mouse
- (Optional for pager notification) Modem supported by Microsoft Windows
- (Optional for printer notification) Printer supported by Microsoft Windows
Backup Exec requires at least one storage media drive and/or single-drive robotic library and the appropriate controller card. Removable storage devices and non-removable hard drives can also be targeted for backups.
Note: Support for a single robotic library drive is available when you purchase Backup Exec. To enable support for additional robotic library drives, you must purchase Backup Exec Library Expansion Option.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.