Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Small Business Edition (with 1 Year Essential Support)
For the busy business, Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Small Business Edition replaces confusion with confidence, offering complete data protection set-up in less than 10 minutes through three simple steps. In one simple yet comprehensive package proven in millions of installations worldwide, you get a total solution for data backup, system restoration and disaster recovery.Key Features
- Data Protection in Three Simple Steps.
- Rapid Recovery.
- Trusted Backup.
- In less than 10 minutes and with three simple steps, Backup Exec replaces confusion with confidence: your business critical data is covered.
- A complete solution for both system recovery and data retrieval, from any individual file to a full server. In the event of disaster or delay, Backup Exec means total control, quick and complete.
- Backup Exec Small Business Edition bundles Symantec’s leading technology into an affordable solution that’s designed specifically for a growing business.
- Protect your environment quickly and easily. Backup Exec Small Business Edition’s fast and simple installation takes three steps and less than 10 minutes.
- Intuitive wizard-based approach provides all the disaster recovery capabilities needed for a Windows or Windows Small Business Server environments, with expandable support for Mac and Linux systems.
- Immediate restoration of your business at any scale, from full system servers to individual files, fast.
- Great value since there’s no need to purchase separate products for data and system level recovery. . Backup Exec Small Business Edition combines backup, system recovery, and file level restoration in one award-winning product.
- One license protects your physical and virtual environments at no added cost. A single license and single console provide total protection for these applications: Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, SQL, SharePoint and Hyper-V.
- Expand your investment and infrastructure support with Backup Exec 2012. If you grow beyond Backup Exec Small Business Edition, you can easily upgrade toBackup Exec 2012.
Data protection for Windows Servers and Windows Small Business Server in three simple steps
Complete file and system level protection for up to three Windows systems including bundled application support for Windows Small Business Server environments.
Integrated System Recovery
Backup Exec Small Business Edition delivers recovery protection for both data and server systems through one console, so you can quickly recover your business critical information when disaster strikes
Trusted protection for Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, SQL, SharePoint and Hyper-V applications at no added cost
Single-license support for Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, SQL Server, SharePoint, and Hyper-V applications.
Expandable support to meet your growing business needs
The Backup Exec product family can support your growing business’ backup and recovery needs â no matter how large or complex your environment becomes.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||MS Windows 2003/2003 R2/2008/2008 R2 Families, MS Windows SBS 2003/2003 R2/2008/2008 R2/2011 Families, MS Windows Essential Business Server 2008 (Refer to Software Compatibility List for details)|
|Min CPU||Intel Pentium, Xeon, AMD, or compatible|
|Min HDD||1.44 GB Typical install, 2.32 GB for all options|
|Min RAM||1 GB|
|Peripheral Devices||Network interface card or a virtual network adapter card; CD/DVD drive; A mouse|
|Other Software Requirements||Internet Explorer 7.0 or later|
|Bundled Support||1 Year Essential Support|
For a complete list of supported environments, refer to the Backup Exec hardware and software compatibility list.
Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011 Family
- Microsoft Windows Essential Business Server 2008
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008 R2 Family
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008 Family
- Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 Family
- Microsoft Windows 2008 Family
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 Family SP2 or later
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Family SP2 or later
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2003 (SP1) (SP1 is min for support of SQLExpress 2005)
- Microsoft Windows 2003 R2 Family SP2 or later
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Family SP2 or later
- Microsoft Hyper-V 2008 and Microsoft Hyper-V 2008 (R2)
Client Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 7 (Supported by Agent for Windows Systems)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (Ultimate, Business & Enterprise) (Supported by Agent for Windows Systems)
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2 (Supported by Agent for Windows Systems)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later (SQL Express 2005 requires Internet Explorer
Installation Disk Space
- 1.75 GB (includes all options)
Memory - Backup Exec Media Server
- Minimum Required: 512 MB RAM
- Recommended: 1 GB RAM (or more for better performance)
Note: RAM Requirements may vary depending on the operations performed, the options installed, and the specific computer configuration
- Symantec Recovery Disk: 1 GB minimum (dedicated) for the multilingual version
Virtual Memory Recommendations
- 20 MB above the Windows recommended size for total paging file size (total for all disk volumes)
- Intel Pentium, Xeon, AMD, or compatible
- Network interface card or a virtual network adapter card
- DVD-ROM drive
- (Recommended) A mouse
- (Optional for printer notification) Printer supported by Microsoft Windows
Storage HardwareBackup Exec requires at least one storage media drive and/or single-drive robotic library. Removable storage devices and non-removable hard drives can also be targeted for backups. Refer to the Backup Exec hardware compatibility list for a complete list of devices that are supported.
Note: Support for a single robotic library drive is available when you purchase Backup Exec. To enable support for additional robotic library drives, you must purchase Backup Exec Library Expansion Option.
- MDAC 2.8 or later will be required. The required version will be installed by BE.
- Service Packs that will be supported will be determined as they are become available and are tested prior to RTM.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.