Symantec Backup Exec 2012 NDMP Option (with 1 Year Basic Support)
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Symantec
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: 21217980
- Stock Code: 026047
- More: Backup Exec 2012
- Availability: SOLD OUT
Symantec Backup Exec 2012 NDMP Option uses the Network Data Management Protocol (NDMP) to backup and restore Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices including NetApp, EMC Celerra and IBM N-Series storage configurations. Symantec Backup Exec 2012 NDMP Option supports several different NAS storage configurations including local backups to NAS attached tape devices, remote backups of NAS data to a Backup Exec media server (disk or tape), or in a “3-Way” configuration to a 2nd like NAS device. This flexibility allows backup administrators to design their storage environments for the most efficient backup of their critical data stored on NAS appliances over a SAN or LAN.
Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Agents and Options enhance and extend the Backup Exec features, capabilities, and platform support. Whether you need to protect VMware ESX, Microsoft Hyper-V, physical servers, critical applications, or databases, Backup Exec 2012 has a portfolio of high powered agents and options to scale and grow your Backup Exec environment.Key Features
- Easily restore virtual machines, applications, databases, file/folders or granular objects from a single pass backup in seconds with patented V-Ray technology
- Agentless backup of virtual machines
- Integrated bare-metal, dissimilar hardware and physical to virtual (P2V) recovery
- Best of breed data deduplication to optimize any backup strategy with client, media server and appliance data deduplication
- Innovative and modern administration console makes it easier than ever to set up backups, manage backup policies, perform disaster recoveries, and convert backups to virtual machines for instant disaster recovery
- Protects a broad range of operating systems, platforms, applications and databases in both virtual and physical environments with support for disk and tape storage devices
- Award winning data protection and disaster recovery designed for physical and virtual environments in a single unified solution
- Protect an unlimited number of virtual machines per host
- Dramatically minimize downtime and data loss by rapidly recovering what you need, when you need it with a single click
- Recover an entire system to the same hardware, entirely different hardware or virtual machine in the time it takes you to turn on a virtual machine
- Easily reduce data backup storage by 10:1 and shrink the backup window while optimizing network utilization across physical and virtual environments
- Eliminate point solutions, backup complexity, unnecessary storage growth, costs and risk with a single unified scalable solution
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Refer to Software Compatibility List for details|
|Min CPU||Intel Pentium, Xeon, AMD, or compatible|
|Min HDD||1.44 GB Typical install, 2.32 GB for all options|
|Min RAM||1 GB|
|Peripheral Devices||Network interface card or a virtual network adapter card; CD/DVD drive; A mouse|
|Other Software Requirements||Internet Explorer 7.0 or later|
|Bundled Support||1 Year Basic Support|
For a complete list of supported environments, refer to the Backup Exec hardware and software compatibility list.Please note:
- You cannot install a Backup Exec server on a computer that runs the Windows Server Core installation option of Windows Server 2008. You can only install the Backup Exec Agent for Windows on Server Core computers.
- You cannot install SQL Express or SQL Server 2005 on a Windows Server 2008 computer that is configured in a Read Only Domain Controller (RODC) role. The Read Only Domain Controller role does not let you use the local accounts that are required for SQL Express and SQL Server 2005. When you install Backup Exec on an RODC computer you must select a remote SQL instance for the Backup Exec Database.
Additional Application SupportYou can use Backup Exec with Microsoft System Center Operation Manager (SCOM) 2007.
Internet BrowserInternet Explorer 7.0 or later.
ProcessorIntel Pentium, Xeon, AMD, or compatible.
SQL Server or SQL ExpressService Pack 4 is required.
MemoryRequired: 512 MB RAM above the operating system's requirements. Recommended: 2 GB RAM (or more for better performance) Please note:
- RAM requirements may vary depending on the operations performed, the options installed, and the specific computer configuration.
- For the Central Admin Server Option: 1 GB RAM is required; 2 GB RAM is recommended.
- Symantec Recovery Disk: 1 GB minimum (dedicated) for the multi-lingual version.
- Virtual Memory Recommendations: 20 MB above the Windows recommended size for total paging file size (total for all disk volumes). Refer to your Microsoft Windows help documentation for instructions on how to view or set the paging file size.
Installation Disk Space1.44 GB (Typical installation) 2.32 GB (Includes all options)
- Note: Disk space requirements may vary depending on the operations performed, the options installed, and the specific system configuration. The Backup Exec database and catalogs require additional space. An additional 330 MB is required for SQL Express.
Other HardwareThe following hardware is recommended:
- Network interface card or a virtual network adapter card.
- CD/DVD drive.
- (Recommended) A mouse.
You can use storage media drives, robotic libraries, removable storage devices, and non-removable hard drives. Support is available for the first drive in each robotic library when you purchase Backup Exec. To enable support for each additional robotic library drive, you must purchase the Backup Exec Library Expansion Option.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.