Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Agent for Windows (with 1 Year Essential Support)
The Backup Exec Agent for Windows provides high-performance data protection for remote Windows servers and includes Open File protection and Simplified Disaster Recovery. This Agent optimizes data transfers for 32-bit and 64-bit remote Windows servers with exclusive Agent Accelerator technology that provides source-level compression and distributed processing at the client. Open files are protected with the Advanced Open File capability built into the Agent for Windows. This capability integrates with VSS to protect open files in multiple volumes and ensures files on local or remote servers are protected while in use. The Simplified Disaster Recovery feature saves time by automating the traditional manual, error-prone process of system recovery. This bare-metal, hardware independent disaster recovery quickly recovers complete servers, enabling restoration to the same hardware, to dissimilar hardware or even a virtual machine. With four powerful technologies wrapped into one agent, users truly have complete data and system protection for every remote Windows server.
Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Agents and Options enhance and extend the Backup Exec features, capabilities, and platform support. Whether you need to protect VMware ESX, Microsoft Hyper-V, physical servers, critical applications, or databases, Backup Exec 2012 has a portfolio of high powered agents and options to scale and grow your Backup Exec environment.Key Features
- Easily restore virtual machines, applications, databases, file/folders or granular objects from a single pass backup in seconds with patented V-Ray technology
- Agentless backup of virtual machines
- Integrated bare-metal, dissimilar hardware and physical to virtual (P2V) recovery
- Best of breed data deduplication to optimize any backup strategy with client, media server and appliance data deduplication
- Innovative and modern administration console makes it easier than ever to set up backups, manage backup policies, perform disaster recoveries, and convert backups to virtual machines for instant disaster recovery
- Protects a broad range of operating systems, platforms, applications and databases in both virtual and physical environments with support for disk and tape storage devices
- Award winning data protection and disaster recovery designed for physical and virtual environments in a single unified solution
- Protect an unlimited number of virtual machines per host
- Dramatically minimize downtime and data loss by rapidly recovering what you need, when you need it with a single click
- Recover an entire system to the same hardware, entirely different hardware or virtual machine in the time it takes you to turn on a virtual machine
- Easily reduce data backup storage by 10:1 and shrink the backup window while optimizing network utilization across physical and virtual environments
- Eliminate point solutions, backup complexity, unnecessary storage growth, costs and risk with a single unified scalable solution
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Citrix Metaframe/Presentation Server, MS Windows XP/Vista/7, Windows Essential Business Server 2008, MS Windows Server 2003/2003 R2/2008/2008 R2, MS Windows Small Business Server 2003/2008/2011, MS Windows Unified Data Storage Server 2003 families (Refer to Software Compatibility List for details)|
|Min CPU||Intel Pentium, Xeon, AMD, or compatible|
|Min HDD||1.44 GB Typical install, 2.32 GB for all options|
|Min RAM||1 GB|
|Peripheral Devices||Network interface card or a virtual network adapter card; CD/DVD drive; A mouse|
|Other Software Requirements||Internet Explorer 7.0 or later|
|Bundled Support||1 Year Essential Support|
For a complete list of supported environments, refer to the Backup Exec hardware and software compatibility list.Please note:
- You cannot install a Backup Exec server on a computer that runs the Windows Server Core installation option of Windows Server 2008. You can only install the Backup Exec Agent for Windows on Server Core computers.
- You cannot install SQL Express or SQL Server 2005 on a Windows Server 2008 computer that is configured in a Read Only Domain Controller (RODC) role. The Read Only Domain Controller role does not let you use the local accounts that are required for SQL Express and SQL Server 2005. When you install Backup Exec on an RODC computer you must select a remote SQL instance for the Backup Exec Database.
Support Operation Systems
- Citrix Metaframe XPa/XPe/XPs families
- Citrix Presentation Server 3
- MS Windows XP Home Edition/Professional SP2&3
- MS Windows XP Tablet PC Edition SP3
- MS Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate families
- MS Windows 7 Enterprise/Professional/Ultimate families
- MS Windows Essential Business Server 2008 Premium/Standard
- MS Windows Server 2003 Standard/Datacenter/Enterprise/Web Editions SP2
- MS Windows Server 2003 Storage Server SP2
- MS Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard/Datacenter/Enterprise/Web Editions SP2
- MS Windows Server 2003 R2 Storage Server SP2
- MS Windows Server 2008 Core/Foundation/Storage Server families
- MS Windows Server 2008 Standard/Datacenter/Enterprise/Web Edition families
- MS Windows Server 2008 R2 Core/Foundation/Storage Server families
- MS Windows Server 2008 R2 Core/Standard/Datacenter/Enterprise Edition with Hyper-V families
- MS Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard/Datacenter/Enterprise/Web Edition families
- MS Windows Small Business Server 2003 SP2 Premium/Standard
- MS Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 SP2 Premium/Standard
- MS Windows Small Business Server 2008 Premium/Standard
- MS Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard/Essentials/Premium Add-on
- MS Windows Unified Data Storage Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP2
Additional Application SupportYou can use Backup Exec with Microsoft System Center Operation Manager (SCOM) 2007.
Internet BrowserInternet Explorer 7.0 or later.
ProcessorIntel Pentium, Xeon, AMD, or compatible.
SQL Server or SQL ExpressService Pack 4 is required.
MemoryRequired: 512 MB RAM above the operating system's requirements. Recommended: 2 GB RAM (or more for better performance) Please note:
- RAM requirements may vary depending on the operations performed, the options installed, and the specific computer configuration.
- For the Central Admin Server Option: 1 GB RAM is required; 2 GB RAM is recommended.
- Symantec Recovery Disk: 1 GB minimum (dedicated) for the multi-lingual version.
- Virtual Memory Recommendations: 20 MB above the Windows recommended size for total paging file size (total for all disk volumes). Refer to your Microsoft Windows help documentation for instructions on how to view or set the paging file size.
Installation Disk Space1.44 GB (Typical installation) 2.32 GB (Includes all options)
- Note: Disk space requirements may vary depending on the operations performed, the options installed, and the specific system configuration. The Backup Exec database and catalogs require additional space. An additional 330 MB is required for SQL Express.
Other HardwareThe following hardware is recommended:
- Network interface card or a virtual network adapter card.
- CD/DVD drive.
- (Recommended) A mouse.
You can use storage media drives, robotic libraries, removable storage devices, and non-removable hard drives. Support is available for the first drive in each robotic library when you purchase Backup Exec. To enable support for each additional robotic library drive, you must purchase the Backup Exec Library Expansion Option.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.