Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Agent for Applications & Databases (with 1 Year Essential Support)
Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Agent for Applications and Databases provides market leading data protection for Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Active Directory, Oracle, Enterprise Vault, and Lotus Domino in a virtual or physical environment.
- Protection for Microsoft Exchange
Revolutionizes data protection and recovery by significantly reducing the number of backups and time required to protect Exchange. Only Backup Exec 2012 leverages ground-breaking patented Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) which helps IT Administrators save valuable time and money by giving them the ability to restore critical data such as individual emails and mailboxes from a single pass backup in seconds without the need for multiple Exchange backups. Fast, flexible technology protects Exchange 2003, 2007, and 2010 (including 2010 SP1) Servers while the application is still online.
- Protection for Microsoft SQL Server
Designed to be flexible and easy to use, protection for Microsoft SQL Server provides fast, online protection of SQL Server with flexible recovery options that enable IT administrators to restore SQL Server databases down to the individual file group from a single pass backup. Administrators can also restore SQL server databases to destinations other than where they originated, directing a copy of the actual data streams being sent to media by a SQL Server database to a local directory for later use. SQL Server 2008 snapshots are integrated into the Backup Exec catalog for a consolidated look at all data copies available for recovery in seconds.
- Protection for Microsoft SharePoint
Quickly and easily recover individual objects, documents or the entire SharePoint farm with robust data protection for Microsoft SharePoint. Supports Microsoft SharePoint 2010, both Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server 2003, as well as Windows SharePoint Services 2.0/3.0. Using a 32-bit or 64-bit Backup Exec 2012 media server, you can protect 32-bit or 64-bit MOSS-2007 servers deployed on a Single-Server or within a Multi-Server Farm. Protection for SharePoint leverages ground-breaking patented Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) which helps users save time and money and reduces complexity by providing the ability to restore individual documents, sites and list items quickly and easily from a single-pass database backup without having to recover the entire database. Each file is recovered with attributes and security fully intact. GRT also enables the IT Administrator to restore the documents to the original document library in the SharePoint farm or redirect the restore of documents to the file system.
- Protection for Microsoft Active Directory
Dramatically reduce the time to recover from small disasters of lost, deleted, corrupted or overwritten user accounts, objects, and attributes, helping to improve employee productivity, reduce the potential for greater issues, and alleviate the aggravation associated with traditional Active Directory protection and recovery. Only Backup Exec 2012 leverages ground-breaking patented Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) which helps IT Administrators save time and money by giving them the ability to restore critical data such as individual user accounts and organizational units from a single pass backup while Active Directory remains online - no reboots!
- Protection for Enterprise Vault
Provides integrated backup protection for Symantec Enterprise Vault archives, including support for Enterprise Vault 8, 9, and 10. Through this agent, Backup Exec provides full application protection for Enterprise Vault directory databases, partitions or vault stores and indexes. All backup and recovery jobs are managed though the Backup Exec Administration console which allows users to easily select some or all of the Enterprise Vault resources they wish to backup as well as quickly browsing and selecting the Enterprise Vault components for recovery, including entire sites, individual partitions, and indexes.
- Protection for Lotus Domino Server
Integrates comprehensive data protection of vital Lotus Domino 7.x, 8 and 8.5 messaging and collaboration databases within daily backup activities. Supports both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Lotus Domino including partitioned and clustered Lotus Domino servers and new support for Domino Attachment Object Service (DAOS) store and associated NLO files. Using the native Domino backup API, protection for Lotus Domino server integrates non-disruptive data protection of the databases and transaction logs. Plus flexible restore options include database redirection and point-in-time "rollback" recovery of databases or transaction logs. Users benefit from user-controlled recycling of the transaction logs, reducing manual intervention and speeding up recovery.
- Protection for Oracle on Windows and Linux Servers
Integrated non-disruptive data protection for business-critical Oracle 11g, 10g, and 9i databases. Use advanced features, such as the granular protection of individual table spaces or a complete application/database backup and the protection of archived redo logs and control files, without ever taking them offline. Backup Exec 2012 delivers full support of Oracle's Recovery Manager (RMAN). Initiate backups and restores from the Backup Exec Media Server or from the Oracle RMAN console. Multistream support is available for increased performance during backups and restores. Supports Intel Xeon EMT64, Intel Pentium EMT64, AMD Athlon, and AMD Opteron processors. The new version also supports Red Hat and SUSE Linux. Backup Exec 2012 also provides protection for Oracle application servers or business critical applications requiring high availability running within Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) on Windows and Linux servers. Initiate backups and restores from the Backup Exec media server or from the Oracle RMAN console. Multistream support is available for increased performance during backups and restores.
Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Agents and Options enhance and extend the Backup Exec features, capabilities, and platform support. Whether you need to protect VMware ESX, Microsoft Hyper-V, physical servers, critical applications, or databases, Backup Exec 2012 has a portfolio of high powered agents and options to scale and grow your Backup Exec environment.Key Features
- Easily restore virtual machines, applications, databases, file/folders or granular objects from a single pass backup in seconds with patented V-Ray technology
- Agentless backup of virtual machines
- Integrated bare-metal, dissimilar hardware and physical to virtual (P2V) recovery
- Best of breed data deduplication to optimize any backup strategy with client, media server and appliance data deduplication
- Innovative and modern administration console makes it easier than ever to set up backups, manage backup policies, perform disaster recoveries, and convert backups to virtual machines for instant disaster recovery
- Protects a broad range of operating systems, platforms, applications and databases in both virtual and physical environments with support for disk and tape storage devices
- Award winning data protection and disaster recovery designed for physical and virtual environments in a single unified solution
- Protect an unlimited number of virtual machines per host
- Dramatically minimize downtime and data loss by rapidly recovering what you need, when you need it with a single click
- Recover an entire system to the same hardware, entirely different hardware or virtual machine in the time it takes you to turn on a virtual machine
- Easily reduce data backup storage by 10:1 and shrink the backup window while optimizing network utilization across physical and virtual environments
- Eliminate point solutions, backup complexity, unnecessary storage growth, costs and risk with a single unified scalable solution
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||MS Windows SBS 2003 SP1, MS Windows SBS 2003/2003 R2 Families SP2 or later, MS Windows SBS 2008/2008 R2/2011 Families, MS Windows EBS 2008, MS Windows 2003/2003 R2 Families SP2 or later, MS Windows 2008/2008 R2 Family (Refer to Software Compatibility List for details)|
|Min CPU||Intel Pentium, Xeon, AMD, or compatible|
|Min HDD||1.44 GB Typical install, 2.32 GB for all options|
|Min RAM||1 GB|
|Peripheral Devices||Network interface card or a virtual network adapter card; CD/DVD drive; A mouse|
|Other Software Requirements||Internet Explorer 7.0 or later|
|Bundled Support||1 Year Essential Support|
For a complete list of supported environments, refer to the Backup Exec hardware and software compatibility list.
Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011 Family
- Microsoft Windows Essential Business Server 2008
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008 R2 Family
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008 Family
- Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 Family
- Microsoft Windows 2008 Family
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 Family SP2 or later
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Family SP2 or later
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2003 (SP1) (SP1 is min for support of SQLExpress 2005)
- Microsoft Windows 2003 R2 Family SP2 or later
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Family SP2 or later
- Microsoft Hyper-V 2008 and Microsoft Hyper-V 2008 (R2)
Client Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 7 (Supported by Agent for Windows Systems)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (Ultimate, Business & Enterprise) (Supported by Agent for Windows Systems)
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2 (Supported by Agent for Windows Systems)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later (SQL Express 2005 requires Internet Explorer
Installation Disk Space
- 1.75 GB (includes all options)
Memory - Backup Exec Media Server
- Minimum Required: 512 MB RAM
- Recommended: 1 GB RAM (or more for better performance)
Note: RAM Requirements may vary depending on the operations performed, the options installed, and the specific computer configuration
- Symantec Recovery Disk: 1 GB minimum (dedicated) for the multilingual version
Virtual Memory Recommendations
- 20 MB above the Windows recommended size for total paging file size (total for all disk volumes)
- Intel Pentium, Xeon, AMD, or compatible
- Network interface card or a virtual network adapter card
- DVD-ROM drive
- (Recommended) A mouse
- (Optional for printer notification) Printer supported by Microsoft Windows
Storage HardwareBackup Exec requires at least one storage media drive and/or single-drive robotic library. Removable storage devices and non-removable hard drives can also be targeted for backups. Refer to the Backup Exec hardware compatibility list for a complete list of devices that are supported.
Note: Support for a single robotic library drive is available when you purchase Backup Exec. To enable support for additional robotic library drives, you must purchase Backup Exec Library Expansion Option.
- MDAC 2.8 or later will be required. The required version will be installed by BE.
- Service Packs that will be supported will be determined as they are become available and are tested prior to RTM.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.