Norton Antivirus 2012 - 1 User 1 Pc MM
Norton AntiVirus 2012 defends your PC against viruses, bots, worms, and more without slowing you down or getting in your way.
For faster, less frequent scans, intelligence-driven technology identifies and targets only files at risk. Vulnerability Protection prevents threats from exploiting security holes in your PCs software.Unlike other antivirus solutions, Norton AntiVirus provides easy-to-understand threat explanations and information about CPU and memory resource usage. It helps you prevent future infections and keeps your PC running fast.Benefits
- Eliminate viruses and spyware with powerful protection
- Delivers proactive protection that stops online threats before they can infect your computer.
- Four different layers of smart protection detect and eliminate threats so you can rest easy knowing you're protected.
- Indentifies and stops new threats fast.
- Stay protected without interruptions or slowdowns
- Superior performance and blazing fast scan speeds protect you without slowing down your computer.
- Runs in the background, so it won't disrupt your work or play.
- Won’t swallow up your computer's memory and hard disk space.
- Get up and running fast with quick setup and easy-to-use features
- Installs in a flash, with a single mouse click.
- Proactively tells you if files and applications are safe, or may slow down or crash your computer.
- Improved customizable Control Center now lets you choose between a simple or detailed view for accessing program controls and Web-based Norton services.
- Norton Protection System - provides four unique layers of powerful protection proven to stop online threats before they can infect your computer.
- Insight - checks where files came from and how long they've been around to stops new online threats before they can cause you trouble.
- Download Insight 2.0 - protects you from dangerous applications by telling you if an application may harm the health and stability of your computer before you install it.
- SONAR 4 Behavioral Protection - monitors your computer for suspicious behavior to more quickly and accurately detect and stop new threats.
- Norton Management - is cloud based so you can download, install, transfer, update or renew Norton products from anywhere right over the Internet.
- Network threat protection - detects threats as they travel over a network and eliminates them before they can reach your computer.
- Browser protection - smart protection springs into action as your browser begins to load to stop online threats before they can do any harm.
- Vulnerability protection - stops cybercriminals from using security holes (vulnerabilities) in applications to sneak threats onto your PC.
- Bandwidth management - limits non-critical Norton updates when you connect to 3G networks so it won't eat up your monthly data allotment or cause overage fees.
- Norton Pulse Updates - updates your protection every 5 to15 minuteswithout disrupting youfor up-to-the-minute protection against the latest threats.
- FREE 24x7 support - offers you expert help and answers by phone, email, live chat or online whenever you need it.
- Norton Control Center - gives you easy access to program settings and Web-based Norton services from your choice of a standard detailed view or new simplified view.
- Email and instant message monitoring - scans email and IMs for suspicious links, attachments and other tricks cybercriminals use to steal your identity and your money.
- Norton Bootable Recovery Tool - creates an emergency CD/DVD/USB that gets your PC back up and running, even if it's so infected that it won't start up.
- Silent mode - puts alerts and non-critical updates on hold when you're watching movies or playing games in full-screen on your PC.
- Smart scheduler - runs scans and updates only when you're not using your PC.
- Monthly report - tells you what Norton AntiVirus has done in the previous month to keep you safe from threats.
- Power saver settings - maximizes your laptop's battery life by putting off non-critical activities until your computer is plugged in.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User/1 Pc|
|Operating System||Windows XP (32-bit) Home/Professional/Tablet PC/Media Center (32-bit) SP2 or later, Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate SP1 or later, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Ultimate|
|Min CPU||300 MHz for Windows XP, 1 GHz for Windows Vista/7|
|Min HDD||300 MB|
|Min RAM||256 MB|
|Peripheral Devices||CD- or DVD-ROM drive|
Operating Systems Supported
- Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit) Home/Professional/Tablet PC/Media Center (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 or later
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate with Service Pack 1 or later
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Ultimate
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 300 MHz for Microsoft Windows XP, 1 GHz for Microsoft Windows Vista/Microsoft Windows 7
- 256 MB of RAM
- 300 MB of available hard disk space
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
Email scanning supported for POP3-compatible email clients
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.