Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8
Vegas Movie Studio+DVD Platinum software offers everything you get with the standard version such as easy drag-and-drop video editing, integrated DVD layout and burning, and Show Me How interactive tutorials. In addition, Platinum Edition provides added features, advanced editing tools, bonus video effects, and comprehensive training to speed you through even the most complex movie projects--from full screen DV to widescreen HDV.
Professional-Level Power for Your Home Studio
Video editing, audio production, and DVD authoring come together in a single, powerful solution. Vegas Movie Studio Platinum software has everything you need to produce high-quality movies, corporate videos, wedding DVDs, and more. Easily edit video in almost any format including high-definition HDV and Sony AVCHD. Advanced tools for video compositing, color correction, and surround sound mixing help you achieve feature-film results in your home studio. And with integrated DVD authoring and multiple export options for online posting, you can deliver projects however you or your clients desire.
The Platinum Difference
Vegas Movie Studio Platinum software has everything that Vegas Movie Studio software has and more. You still get the easy drag-and-drop video editing, integrated DVD layout and burning, and Show Me How interactive tutorials. Plus, Vegas Movie Studio Platinum software provides added features, advanced editing tools, professional video effects, and more, such as:
- HD video editing: HDV and Sony AVCHD
- 5.1 surround sound mixing and encoding
- Direct export to Sony PSP (PlayStation Portable)
- Over 100 video effects and transitions from New Bluemaker of professional video effects plug-ins
- Advanced 3-wheel primary color correction tools
- 20 Animates professional video compositing mattes from Freedom FX
- Over 20 DirectX audio effects
Create Stunning HD Movies
Vegas Movie Studio Platinum software has everything you need to produce movies in spectacular high-definition. Editing HD is simple; just drop your clips on the timeline and go to work. Its high-performance engine is beyond fast- see your changes happen in real time. You can even work simultaneously with standard-definition and high-definition video in the same project. When you're done, export your movie in a variety of HD formats for easy sharing.
Edit Sony AVCHD
Sony AVCHD is the newest HD video format on the market. Currently there are very few software products that can offer AVCHD editing. With Vegas Movie Studio Platinum software you can easily import and edit Sony AVCHD in a matter of seconds.
Surround Sound Mixing and Encoding
Import multichannel (5.1) source files from your camcorder including Sony DVD and AVCHD Handycam models. Use the surround sound mixing and panning tools to create surround DVD soundtracks. Encode AC-3 stereo or 5.1 mixes without leaving the software using the included Dolby Digital AC-3 encoding software.
Video Restoration Tools
Advanced color correction tools enhance washed-out footage, make specific colors stand out, and balance differences in video due to camera setup or lighting. Image restoration tools remove red-eye from photos.
Add Professional Effects
Enhance your video with hundreds of professional 2D and 3D video effects, titles, and filters-including over 100 effects and transitions from New Blue maker of professional video effects plug-ins. Customize your soundtrack with over 20 real-time DirectX audio effects.
AniMattes Video Compositing Mattes
Vegas Movie Studio Platinum software includes 20 AniMattes video compositing mattes by FreedomFX. By using these compositing and/or the mask filter, you can generate professional-level special effects and transitions from these assets. A tutorial is included to help you get the most of these mattes in your projects.
Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8 Features
- New! Improved native HDV .m2t playback performance and improved memory handling for HDV long form projects
- New! Freehand envelope drawing on the timeline
- New! Display of media marker names in events
- New! Improved snapping - color-coded visual snap indicator and the ability to snap to event edges on other tracks.
- Multitrack video and audio editing
- Easy drag-and-drop functionality
- Show Me How interactive tutorials
- Real-time editing of parameters during playback
- Support for any aspect ratio (4:3, 16:9, etc)
- Supports multiple file formats and frame rates
- High Definition editing and output
- Simple drag-and-drop operations
- Explorer view
- Project media bins
- Track markers and regions
- Unlimited undo/redo
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows XP SP 2 or Windows Vista|
|Min CPU||800 MHz processor (2.8 GHz recommended for HDV)|
|Min HDD||200 MB|
|Min RAM||256 MB|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive|
|Other Software Requirements||Windows-compatible sound card|
- Microsoft Windows XP SP 2 or Windows Vista
- 800 MHz processor (2.8 GHz recommended for HDV)
- 200 MB hard-disk space for program installation
- 256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM recommended for HDV)
- OHCI-compatible i.LINK connector1/IEEE-1394DV card (for DV capture and print-to-tape)
- Windows-compatible sound card
- DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
- Supported CD-Recordable drive (for CD burning only)
- Supported DVD- R /- RW /+ R /+ RW drive (for DVD burning only)
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or later (included on application disc)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (included on application disc)
You must provide your registration information to Sony Creative Software Inc., a US company, in order to activate the software. Product requires online registration within 30 days.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.