Sony Acid Pro 6 Professional Music Workstation
In the world of digital music creation, ACID Pro software has always stood out from the crowd. Its automatic loop time-stretching and tempo-matching technology is second-to-none, and its straightforward pick, paint, and play functionality has helped make ACID Pro software the favorite loop-based music creation tool for millions of users worldwide. Now reformulated to add Multitrack recording and full MIDI sequencing to its superior looping functionality, ACID Pro 6 software delivers a new formula for ground-breaking music creation: loops + Multitrack + MIDI. Together, these key components add up to a full-featured professional music workstation unlike any other.
Multitrack Audio and MIDI Recording For uncompromising 24-bit, 192kHz sound quality production live or in-studio, ACID Pro 6 software has an expanded set of features for maximum audio performance. Whether you're on stage tracking a combo, or recording MIDI-based studio sequences, ACID Pro 6 software is the optimal platform for reliable Multitrack production: on-the-fly punch in/out, unlimited tracks for audio and MIDI, control surface support, powerful plug-in processing, and 5.1 surround mixing.
Comprehensive MIDI Support ACID Pro 6 software has unparalleled support for MIDI sequencing, with real-time MIDI processing and precise control over MIDI events. All note and controller data can be recorded and edited on the timeline as easily as audio tracks. Use new track envelopes to automate and modify modulation, expression, or other types of MIDI controller data over time. Other new features let you record multiple tracks of MIDI, apply real-time MIDI quantization, perform filtering and processing, create and edit drum patterns.
Superior Mixing and Editing Nondestructive editing, unlimited tracks, and real-time pitch and tempo matching-ACID Pro 6 software has all of the essentials. ACID Pro 6 software includes our patent-pending Groove Mapping and Groove Cloning quantization tools, real-time event reverse, freehand envelope drawing, and support for alternate time signatures. Our unique Bitmapped tool makes remixing easy, and the Chopper tool helps you create impressive drum fills, stutters, and DJ-style effects.
Professional Effects and Soft Synth Support Expand your sound palette with native support for VST instruments, as well as VST and DirectX audio plug-ins. ACID Pro 6 software includes the Native Instruments KOMPAKT Sony ACID Pro edition and over 20 DirectX effects. Create resonant sweeps, dramatic fades, EQ changes and add effects with parameter automation. Integrate ACID Pro 6 software with your existing studio: full ReWire host and device support, ASIO, and control surface automation for devices such as the Mackie Control and Frontier Design TranzPort.
Exclusive Quantization Tools Transform loops and MIDI tracks into fresh, new sounds with our exclusive Groove Mapping and Groove Cloning quantization tools. Change the groove of a track, apply different grooves to the same track, extract a groove from one file and apply it to another, or even create custom grooves.
Professional Workflow Features The Media Manager is a powerful way to tag, organize, and search your collection of content. Use new project sections to quickly audition different arrangements of a project. Maximize efficiency with folder tracks and cluster editing. Use the convenient Clip Pool to easily choose and arrange the events you want to use in your compositions. Place multiple media clips on one track-automatic crossfade tie everything together. Deliver projects in nearly any format without leaving the ACID Pro 6 environment: integrated DAO CD burning, AC3, AIF, ATRAC, AVI, MOV, MP3, MPEG-1 & MPEG-2, OGG, PCA, RM, W64, WAV, WMA, WMV.
Included with ACID Pro 6 software ACID Pro 6 software includes a custom edition of Native Instruments KOMPAKT. This full-featured VSTi sample playback engine comes bundled with over 120 instruments-a US $200 retail value.
ACID Pro 6 software includes a powerful set of real-time features for composing original songs. Its revolutionary and intuitive pick, paint, and play interface lets you focus on the immediacy of music creation. Using ACID Pro 6 software's unlimited number of audio/MIDI tracks and comprehensive editing environment, you'll find yourself immersed in a new world with infinite creative possibilities.
- Over 1,000 Sony Sound Series Loops - ACID Pro 6 software includes more than 1,000 Sony Sound Series loops, each ACIDized with our signature pitch-shifting and time-stretching metadata for the smoothest possible performance. Get more free loops each month through the ACID Pro Get Media feature and at ACIDplanet.com. Further expand your media collection by purchasing titles from our vast collection of royalty-free sample libraries.
- Pristine Audio Quality - ACID Pro 6 software employs the shortest possible path from your audio interface to your hard disk without floating point conversions that can increase latency and dropout potential. Its optimized 24-bit, 192 kHz recording architecture includes dual and multicore processor support and dynamic playback optimization for maximum audio performance.
- Dynamic Playback Optimization - Gain increased performance on single and multicore processor machines with audio track buffering. ACID Pro 6 software uses a separate processing thread to render audio from tracks. On multiprocessor or multicore computers, processing is distributed evenly across all CPUs to increase playback performance.
- Gracenote CD Album Identification - ACID Pro 6 supports Gracenote MusicID, so you can view information about a CD track including, title, artist, and song name, and also submit data.
- Integrated CD Burning - ACID Pro 6 software has integrated track-at-once and disc-at-once CD burning, so you can burn audio CDs of custom remixes and DJ-style tracks.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 2000 (SP4) or XP|
|Min CPU||1 GHz processor (1.2 GHz if using video)|
|Min HDD||600 MB|
|Min RAM||256 MB (512 MB recommended)|
|Peripheral Devices||CD- or DVD-ROM drive|
|Other Software Requirements||Internet Explorer 5.1 or later (included on DVD-ROM)|
- Microsoft Windows 2000 (SP4) or XP
- 1 GHz processor (1.2 GHz if using video)
- 150MB hard-disk space for program installation
- 600 MB hard-disk space for optional Sony Sound Series Loops & Samples reference library installation
- 2.2 GB hard-disk space for installation of Native Instruments KOMPAKT Sony ACID Pro edition
- 256 MB RAM, 512 MB recommended
- Windows-compatible sound card
- DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
- Supported CD-Recordable drive (for CD burning only)
- DirectX 9.0c or later (included on DVD-ROM)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
- Internet connection (for Gracenote MusicID)
- Internet Explorer 5.1 or later (included on DVD-ROM)
Please Note: Some features may require product registration.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.