QuarkXPress 8 (Mac/Win)
- Platform: Windows Mac
- Manufacturer: Quark
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: 124321
- Stock Code: 354767
- More: QuarkXPress
- Availability: SOLD OUT
QuarkXPress 8 is a standard page-layout and design software that delivers superior design power through a new, intuitive interface developed purposefully for the creation of high-end page layout, print, Web and Flash authoring tools, design-driven typography, and global publishing capabilities - all of which enable designers to push creativity to its limits with confidence and control.
QuarkXPress 8 focuses on making the page-layout and design experience easier, faster, and fun. QuarkXPress 8 has a new, modern and intuitive interface with easier access to tools - helping you work faster and design more with fewer clicks.
QuarkXPress 8 manages one of the most difficult tasks in software development - rethinking the user interface to make it more efficient, more productive, and more enjoyable, without alienating the experienced user. The potential productivity gains of the new release should be considerable.
Modern, Intuitive Interface: Work faster and design more with fewer clicks using the modern, intuitive interface of QuarkXPress 8.
- New Picture and Pen Tools - Integrate images into your layout quickly and seamlessly with QuarkXPress 8. Intuitively place, scale, rotate, and offset images easily using the new Picture Content tool. Draw brand new illustrations directly in QuarkXPress 8 with the redefined Bezier Pen tool.
- Easy Page Layout with Drag and Drop - You can drag text and pictures from your desktop, Adobe Bridge, iP, or any other application that supports drag and drop, and your box is created for you. You can even drag picture boxes from QuarkXPress to your graphics application to customize your images.
- Streamlined Tools with Familiar Keyboard Controls - Quark has streamlined and simplified the Tools palette, so the tools do more and it's easier to choose the right one. Even familiar tools like the Item and Content tools get major boosts. For example, you can rotate any box simply by grabbing its corner.
Design Across Media: Build on your existing expertise -- share your print content across media with built-in Web and Flash authoring tools. No additional purchase or coding required!
- Design and Output Flash (SWF) Directly from QuarkXPress - Page-layout professionals can create rich Flash projects -- without compromising design -- using the built-in Flash authouring capabilities included in every edition of QuarkXPress 8. Working in the same, familiar print environment of QuarkXPress 8, you can take existing print jobs to Flash, or create new Flash projects, in minutes.
- Synchronize Content across Print, Web, and Flash - Not only does QuarkXPress let you create designer-friendly HTML and Flash content, it helps you maintain design consistency across media through Item Styles and the unique Shared Content feature. They keep your headlines, body copy, images, and even vector art the same across multiple layouts and media types with no need for manual updates.
- Flash for Everyone - QuarkXPress 8 includes built-in Flash authoring, it's the only page-layout application that gives you the ability to create rich Flash projects easily, and without having to buy or use a separate application. QuarkXPress 8 follows a familiar, page-based model rather than a complex timeline, so you can build rich, fully interactive communications that include animation, video, and more -- using the same application you already know. If you've ever struggled to master Flash creation -- or avoided it altogether -- you'll be amazed by how quickly you can create rich, attractive, and compelling interactive content with QuarkXPress 8!
Designer-driven Typography: Create stunning text and achieve the effects you want with designer-driven typography.
- Hanging Characters - QuarkXPress 8 offers easy-to-use, precise, and fully customizable control for hanging characters. You can control the look of your text margin alignment by quickly applying preloaded settings for Hanging Punctuation and Punctuation Margin Alignment. And only QuarkXPress 8 offers the ability to apply your settings at the paragraph level. You can even include the hanging characters setting as part of a style sheet.
- Design Grids/Advanced Baseline Grids - Design Grids give you the power to organize the design of your text, offering unprecedented control over your baseline grid settings, the ability to apply unique grid settings to individual boxes, and a Grid Styles feature that can keep even complex documents consistent.
- Unicode and OpenType Support - QuarkXPress 8 supports the OpenType font standard and Unicode encodings that let you work with a massive range of special characters.
Work Faster and Smarter:
- Integration - QuarkXPress 8 adds native Illustrator file import, standardized tools, and Adobe Bridge integration to existing designer-friendly Photoshop integration. QuarkXPress 8 allows working with other design applications with ease.
- Rock Solid Output - QuarkXPress 8 ships with Output Styles and Quark Job Jackets that support major international output and advertising standards such as GWG PDF/X Plus.Now any designer can create PDF files that meet the highest standards, without needing advanced pre-press skills.
- Precision and Efficiency - QuarkXPress 8 lets you to perfect the details, such as graphical thumbnails in the page navigation menu, an enhanced Measurements palette that shows you real image resolution, the ability to update style sheets with a single click, and many more enhancements that can help you design with more precision and efficiency.
- Multi-language Publishing - Whether you're designing multi-lingual documents or repurposing a document from another part of the world, QuarkXPress 8 offers global publishing capabilities and support for more than 30 languages in every edition.
- East-Asian Features and Typography - All QuarkXPress 8 users around the world can communicate in the dynamic markets of East Asia with support for Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.
Top 10 Reasons To Buy QuarkXPress 8:
- Passion: Experience design using page-layout software inspired by the designer's passion for perfection
- Excitement: Feel the excitement of design using the modern, intuitive interface of QuarkXPress 8
- Adventure: Build on your existing expertise by sharing your print content across media with built-in Web and Flash authoring tools; no additional purchase or coding skills required
- Control: Create stunning text and achieve the effects you want with designer-driven typography
- Simplicity: Work easily with Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word files
- Confidence: Draw on more than 20 years of experience from the original innovator in page-layout software
- Reach: Join a community of more than three million QuarkXPress users working in more than 30 languages around the globe
- Partner Ecosystem: Access a worldwide network of more than 2,000 training, XTensions, and output providers
- *Service: Call on free technical support provided from service centers based in the U.S., Europe, and Asia
- Flexibility: Use QuarkXPress on Mac OS or Windows on both your work and home computers (or laptop) with our flexible licensing
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Windows XP, Vista / Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or later|
|Min CPU||G5 PowerPC processor or Intel processor (G4 minimum)|
|Min HDD||1 GB|
|Min RAM||1 GB RAM (256MB minimum)|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||An Internet connection for activation|
- Microsoft Windows XP (service pack 2 or 3) or Windows Vista 1.0 (certified on Windows Vista)
- 1GB RAM (256MB minimum on Windows XP, 512MB minimum on Windows Vista)
- 500MB hard disk space
- DVD-ROM drive
- An Internet connection for activation.
- Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
- G5 PowerPC processor or Intel processor (G4 minimum)
- 1GB RAM (256MB minimum)
- 1GB hard disk space
- DVD-ROM drive
- An Internet connection for activation.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.