Nuance PaperPort 14 Professional
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Nuance
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: F309A-G00-140
- Stock Code: 366159
- More: PaperPort
- Availability: Call For Availability
Nuance PaperPort Professional 14 is the most productive and cost effective way for everyone in your office to scan organise, find and share scanned paper, files and photos. PaperPort Professional 14 delivers anytime-anywhere access to files stored in the cloud, enabling users to access content using a Web browser, mobile device or tablet. PaperPort Professional 14 also combines the efficiency of document management, the convenience of perfectly scanned documents and the power of PDF document creation - all in one easy-to-use application. Millions of people worldwide rely on PaperPort to eliminate paper, get more organised and streamline the way they work.
PaperPort Anywhere: Access your Documents Anytime, Anywhere
PaperPort Anywhere, our new service for secure document access and storage , provides the benefits of your own on-line document repository in the cloud while delivering free mobile applications that enable you to access your documents stored in PaperPort Anywhere from anywhere and anytime.
PaperPort Anywhere connects seamlessly to your PaperPort desktop and allows you to upload files and folders directly from PaperPort to your PaperPort Anywhere storage portal. It delivers anytime-anywhere access to your cloud-based folders, files, documents, and photos via the convenience of popular web browsers for PC and Mac. It can automatically synch with your PaperPort desktop if you upload new files to PaperPort Anywhere, and it can work the other way around too if you put new files in your PaperPort desktop folders. You can manage your free PaperPort Anywhere account up to 1 GB of free storage from home, on the road, or wherever it is most convenient for you.
With PaperPort Anywhere, you can search and view documents by thumbnail, snippets or list; browse the uploaded PaperPort 14 folders; create and manage cloud-only folders, upload new files from any computer and much more.
PaperPort Anywhere: Intelligent Mobile Applications for Users on the Go
To support users who are looking to manage documents using their mobile devices, PaperPort 14 in conjunction with PaperPort Anywhere now provides mobile applications for iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Using these mobile applications, you can browse by folder, search by document content or name, view documents and take pictures and upload documents - all from the convenience of a mobile device.
PaperPort Professional 14 Desktop Enhancements
In addition, PaperPort 14 also delivers many significant new desktop enhancements, including:
- PaperPort Anywhere Sync Connector: The connection from the PaperPort desktop to the PaperPort Anywhere service is achieved by means of the PaperPort Anywhere Sync Connector. This Windows system tray application provides the capability for you to sign in to the PaperPort Anywhere service from the PaperPort desktop, monitor storage usage and control which folders you want synchronised across the cloud.
- The Nuance Cloud Connector application: Now you can gain access to a number of cloud services, including Windows Live SkyDrive, Google Docs, Box.net and many more. Plus, files are accessed in the PaperPort folder directory, so you can scan, stack or unstack PDF files and create PDF files which are automatically uploaded in the cloud.
- Evernote "Send To" Connector: Drag and drop files to the Evernote Send To Connector, create a new note or add the document to an existing note. You can also right click on the Evernote connector and get files attached to any note so they are copied to the PaperPort desktop.
- Enhanced network folder support: PaperPort Professional 14 now takes advantage of fast, reliable thumbnail viewing of documents stored on shared network folders. Additionally, PaperPort Professional 14 locks files in use over the network to prevent problems that may occur when more than one person tries to view or modify the same file.
- Windows file and folder options available directly from PaperPort: In PaperPort Professional 14, the Windows Context menu is supported by right clicking on any file, so you can access Windows or other software and perform key tasks, including compressing and uncompressing ZIP files.
- Scanning improvements: We've enhanced PaperPort's scanning capabilities in PaperPort Professional 14, so scanned colour documents using PDF-MRC compression are now up to 62% smaller than with earlier MRC technology. Other time saving highlights include scan and open a document with one press of a button, create and save default custom file names and create PDF/A directly from your scanner.
- New workspace options for greater productivity: With PaperPort Professional 14, there's no need to remember where you put a recently scanned or opened file. New buttons have been added for "recently scanned" and "recently opened" documents, so you can quickly jump back to a folder that contains a recently scanned or opened document.
- Folder notes for all incoming PDF files: You can right click on any folder in the folder directory and get an option to add notes directly to that particular folder. Now these notes can be applied to PDF files that are added into such folder by moving, copying or drag-and-dropping. This enhancement is useful for applying information to PDF documents that are common to all files in a particular folder, such as contact information (e.g., name, address, telephone number); project or customer IDs; or numbers, reminders, document descriptions and more.
- Improved desktop thumbnails for PDF: In PaperPort Professional 14 the PDF document thumbnails offer more information about PDF documents to save you time and focus on more important tasks. A large information icon now appears in the upper left hand corner of PDF document thumbnails, indicating the file contains keywords and descriptive text. Hover over the icon and it will display the information so you don't have to open the file.
- Support for Windows 7 Jump list: Now you can use the Jump list for PaperPort Professional 14 in Windows 7 to scan documents or access recently opened or scanned files instantly without having to open PaperPort first. These help you work faster and easier.
- New Scanner Enhancement Tools (SET): The Scanner Enhancement Tools help you create perfect scans right from the start or fix any scanning imperfections manually. New tools to clean edges of scanned documents include punch-hole removal, auto-cropping and border cleaning. The new despeckle feature helps you clean black and white - especially halftone - images from black dots for better image quality and OCR results.
- Support for favourite web page bookmarks: Now you can select from any of your stored favourite web page links using PaperPort 14 and open within your browser application. PaperPort 14 presents you with the list of the saved bookmarks of your Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome browsers so you start browsing from PaperPort.
- Document management your way
PaperPort provides a single way to scan paper, create PDF files and access, view, edit and convert your files on your PC. PaperPort Anywhere, included free, extends the power of accessing and viewing your files to any device with a browser plus apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
- Reduce waste, conserve energy
PaperPort is a green solution. Use it to scan, convert organise, repurpose and share PDF documents across the enterprise. End your reliance on printing, faxing and mailing practices that have harmful effects on the environment -and your bottom line.
- Create and combine PDF Files
Use PDF Create to easily turn any application file into 100% industry standard PDF files or merge multiple files and formats into a single PDF file.
- View, edit and share PDFs faster
Includes a powerful PDF Viewer with more features than the free Adobe® Reader®, so you can view, edit and share PDF documents on your PC like never before.
- Protect sensitive documents
Safeguard confidential information and ensure compliance with government regulations regarding document security. PaperPort's advanced PDF security features, like PDF passwords and encryption, let you control who can access specific documents and who can make changes.
- Fill out forms quickly, neatly
PaperPort's FormTyper feature accurately and automatically converts scanned paper forms into professional looking electronic forms you can fill out online, save as PDF documents and send via email. It automatically recognises check boxes and lets you control detailed form attributes. And transparent stamps are ideal for adding scanned signatures.
- Find information instantly
Now you can create searchable PDFs from digital files and scanned paper documents. Just enter keywords or phrases into Windows® or Google® Desktop Search and quickly locate a specific file.
- Works with your scanner
Any all-in-one printer, mobile scanner or desktop scanner will work easier and better using PaperPort.
- Capture information on the go
No scanner nearby? No problem. Just take a picture of the document with your digital camera and upload it to PaperPort Anywhere or your favourite cloud service. Plus, you can easily convert pictures of documents to usable text.
- Easily route documents from digital copiers and MFPs
Get the most out of your investment in networked multifunction printers/ copiers. Move mountains of paper to any desktop PC using PaperPort's advanced DesktopDelivery feature.
- Convert paper into text
Turn your scanned document images into editable text for popular word processing or spreadsheet software with a simple drag-and-drop.
- Manage documents across the network
Send and receive documents to and from a shared network folder or Microsoft SharePoint.
- Superior access to PaperPort and Microsoft Windows features
Performing key file and folder tasks is fast and easy in PaperPort. Simply right click on any file to get access to features that allow you to create, convert, edit and manage everything on your computer including add ins to Microsoft Windows such as ZIP file compression/decompression.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Windows XP 32-bit SP3, Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit) with SP2 or higher, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)|
|Min CPU||Intel Pentium compatible or newer CPU|
|Min HDD||700 MB|
|Min RAM||1 GB|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024x768 16-bit screen display|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Intel Pentium compatible or newer CPU
- 1 GB RAM
- 700 MB free hard disk space for application files. Additional free space is required for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 and the other prerequisites if they are not present on the system
- 1024x768 resolution display with 16 bit (High Colour) or better
- Windows compatible pointing device
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows XP 32-bit SP3
- Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit with SP2 or higher
- Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit
Supported Web Browsers (Favourites and PDF Viewer)
- Internet Explorer 7 or above
- Firefox 3, 4 and 5
- Chrome 4 or above
- DVD-ROM drive (required for installation)
PaperPort Anywhere, Nuance Cloud Connector, Online Activation, Registration and Live Update
- Internet connection and web access necessary
- PaperPort Anywhere includes 1 GB of storage. Terms subject to change. Visit www.paperport.com.
Note: Performance and speed will be enhanced if your computer's processor, memory and available disk space exceed minimum requirements. This is especially true when converting very large colour PDF files.
Technical Support: Nuance offers technical support via phone and email. Visit www.nuance.co.uk/support for our current support policy.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.