Nuance OmniPage 17 Professional
With 99%+ character accuracy, one-click conversion to Microsoft Office and universal compatibility with any scanner, OmniPage 17 is the one tool to do it all -- no other OCR software does as much, does it as accurately or does it as easily.
The Professional version of OmniPage 17 includes the award-winning desktop document management software, PaperPort and PDF Create software that allows you to create a 100% industry-standard PDF file from any application. With OmniPage Professional 17 you can automatically batch convert files; use multi-function printers to automatically scan and convert high-volumes of documents; monitor, recognize and convert files from incoming emails directly to your network; access scanned files from anywhere in your organization; archive documents directly into Microsoft SharePoint; highlight and redact document data to improve collaboration and maintain confidentiality.
- Increased word accuracy - OmniPage delivers an amazing 42% increase in accuracy for scanned documents
- Increased layout and formatting accuracy - Improved table recognition, large titles, vertical text, character matching and more
- Faster launch times - OmniPage opens up to 200% faster than previous versions
- Multi-core parallel processing - You can be even more productive on today's popular dual-core and tomorrow's multi-core computer processors with a dramatic increase in speed.
- Send to Amazon Kindle - Scan a document, automatically convert into a readable format and send it to the Amazon Kindle electronic book reader in one easy step.
- Easy loader - A new interface window called Easy Loader allows you to quickly view, find and open multiple documents at a time.
- One-click toolbar in Microsoft Office - Now you can get all the power of OmniPage in Microsoft Office with Direct OCR buttons for "One-Click" document conversion without opening OmniPage
- Asian language recognition - OmniPage now recognizes Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Japanese and Korean
- Automatic Asian language detection - When Western and Asian texts are mixed on a page OmniPage will automatically alert you so you can get the best possible results
- Integrated document management with PaperPort - Be more organized. OmniPage includes PaperPort, the world's most popular desktop document management software.
- Native ECM connectivity - Improved SharePoint Connectivity and direct support for Open Text Hummingbird and Interwoven iManage
- SharePoint 2007 - Direct support for SharePoint 2007 services and server
- Digital camera 3DC technology - Accurately capture text anywhere with your digital camera thanks to advanced technology that automatically corrects for three-dimensional distortion.
- Automatic data collection from forms - OmniPage makes forms made easy from start to finish. You can turn paper forms into electronic forms and then collect the data.
- Automatic redaction, highlights and strikethroughs - Keep information confidential by blacking out sensitive words with redaction. Quickly locate information with highlights or communicate a revision with strikethrough text.
- Flexible interface - Rearrange the various function windows in OmniPage to work the way you like.
- Quick convert view - Find the most important conversion options on one screen for fast and easy operation.
- How-to-guides - OmniPage is easier to use then ever with How-to-Guides that lead you through basic terminology and product features.
- New workflow assistant - Turn complex tasks into a single button press with a greatly enhanced Workflow Assistant with more features, options and destinations
- File-It Assistant and coversheets office - There's no need for everyone to learn OmniPage when a document can be automatically converted and properly filed by using a simple paper cover sheet that does all the work.
- Legal document recognition - OmniPage is now optimized to recognize and convert legal documents including line number, headers, and more.
- PDF-MRC - Create up to 8 times smaller scanned color PDF documents faster with improved PDF-MRC technology.
- Convert Now wizard - Be more productive with on demand document conversion in Windows Explorer.
OmniPage 17 is the world's most accurate document conversion application; it has 99%+ character accuracy so it can turn paper and PDF files into electronic files you can edit, search and share in the format of your choice. You can turn documents that would take hours to re-type into perfectly formatted documents in seconds.
- Accuracy - Accuracy is the single most important feature of an OCR program because greater accuracy translates directly into time savings. PC Magazine's independent lab tests have confirmed OmniPage to be the most accurate, and the only OCR product to successfully process all of their test documents. The newest version makes it easier than ever for you to re-use content from existing documents. A 27% increase in overall document accuracy translates directly into fewer word errors and less editing - resulting in greater processing efficiency and additional time-savings. With an accuracy level up to 50% greater than most alternatives, you'll spend dramatically less time converting documents.
- Formatting - What good is OCR if you need to spend additional time reformatting the results? This can be a very time consuming process especially if there are columns, tables or graphics involved. Because formatting is so crucial to automatically reconstructing the layout of a document we built superior page layout algorithms to ensure converted documents are as exact to the original as possible. OmniPage Professional 17's precise layout retention maintains the look and text flow of the original page. Whether you've got a single page from a book or a 1,000 page report, OmniPage can handle them with both speed and accuracy.
- Document management (PaperPort required) - Free PaperPort included; Free PDF Create with PDF Create Assistant; Customizable open dialogs with PaperPort folders; Customizable save dialogs with PaperPort folders; Apply PaperPort folder notes to PDF and Word files; Open and view with PaperPort
- Document input - OmniPage Professional 17 is not only a paper-to-digital conversion application; it also allows you unlock the information that is trapped in static image and PDF files. Using OmniPage you can convert almost all image formats into editable files for your existing PC applications, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Better still, OmniPage can be used to convert a document from one format to another (TIF to PDF for example,) and to make static image documents searchable on your PC and within content management applications.
- Document output - The ability to turn paper or PDF documents into your favorite program format is what makes OmniPage Professional 17 so versatile. Whether you want to edit a document, create a searchable archive, share information on the Web, or integrate information into other applications, OmniPage allows you to make the conversion quickly and accurately. The WYSIWYG HTML allows you to turn documents directly into Web pages with just a click of a button. Converted Web pages will include graphics and pictures while maintaining the precise look and feel of the original document.
- Advanced productivity features - Optimize time savings and productivity for your particular business needs. A host of adjustable controls allow you to transform documents with speed, formatting, and output styles that are specifically tailored to the way you work.
- Proofing and training - Proofreading your converted documents ensures the highest accuracy possible. OmniPage Professional 17's proofreader offers increased speed and flexibility to make the proofing process easier, faster and more intuitive than ever before.
- Document control - Manual speed zoning; Selectable picture editor; Image resolution control; On-the-fly zoning; Vertical text zoning
- Compatibility - Network installable; Section 508 compliant; 123 languages recognized.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Windows XP 32/64-bit (from Service Pack 2), Windows Vista 32/64-bit|
|Min CPU||Computer Processor 400 MHz/Windows XP, 1 GHz/Windows Vista, Dual-Core or Quad-Core processor recommended for advanced performance|
|Min HDD||230 MB of free hard disk space|
|Min RAM||256 MB of memory (RAM), 1GB recommended for advanced performance|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024x768|
|Peripheral Devices||CD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 for Micorosoft Office 2007 and XPS formats|
- Windows XP 32/64-bit (from Service Pack 2), Windows Vista 32/64-bit
- Computer Processor 400 MHz/Windows XP, 1 GHz/Windows Vista, Dual-Core or Quad-Core processor recommended for advanced performance
- 256 MB of memory (RAM), 1GB recommended for advanced performance.
- 230 MB of free hard disk space for the application files and sample images, plus 70 MB working space during installation. An additional 170 MB for RealSpeak(tm) Solo speech modules. 95 MB for PDF Create! 250 MB for PaperPort
- 1024x768 pixel color monitor with 16-bit color or greater video card
- CD-ROM drive for installation
- A sound card and speaker for reading text aloud
- A compatible scanner with its own scanner driver software for scanning documents.
- 2-megapixel digital camera with auto-focus or higher for digital camera text capture
- Web access needed for automatic product activation and Scanner Wizard database updating
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 for Micorosoft Office 2007 and XPS formats
Supported Document Management Systems
- Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server 2003 and 2007
- Open Text Hummingbird
- Autonomy-Interwoven iManage
- ODMA Link supporting a broad range of document management systems. Check with the vendor of your specific service to see if they work with ODMA.
- Conversion does not require Microsoft Word or Corel WordPerfect
Note: Performance and speed will be enhanced if your computer's processor, memory, and available disk space exceed minimum requirements. This is especially true when converting very large color PDF files.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.