Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 Legal Academic
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 Legal enterprise speech recognition software helps users create documents and control their PCs by voice - three times faster than typing - to speed document turnaround and reduce transcription costs. Designed specifically for the legal community, it automatically formats legal citations, supports third-party correction and provides accurate out-of-the-box recognition of dictated legal terms.
- Up to 99% speech recognition accuracy right out of the box
- Creation of documents, reports, spreadsheets, or messages just by speaking
- Ability to compose emails or search the Web for information faster than ever with Dragon Voice Shortcuts
- Nuance Text-to-Speech technology that reads on-screen text in human-sounding synthesized speech
- Dragon Voice Shortcuts that let you create email, schedule appointments, and search your desktop using simple voice commands
- Creation of custom commands for inserting frequently used text and graphics or automating routine data entry
- Ability to use Dragon with a Nuance-approved digital voice recorder and automatically transcribe your recorded voice
- Support for multiple audio input devices; use Dragon with a wireless microphone, including Bluetooth
- Support for Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer, and virtually any other Windows application
- Audio playback of your dictation with the associated transcription highlighted on the screen for easier proofreading and correction
- Ability to import/export custom word lists that can include commonly used proper names or industry-specific terminology
- Preconfigured vocabulary that includes more than 30,000 legal terms
- Third-party correction features
- Dragon Voice Notations feature that allow the speaker to make side comments that are saved as part of the recorded dictation but do not appear as part of the transcribed text
- Support for custom voice commands to quickly insert frequently used text and graphics
- Administrative security options to enable only select users to modify vocabularies; add/modify/create custom commands; and view/edit/export custom commands
- Dragon profiles centralized on the network ("Roaming" configuration)
- Ability to create AutoTranscribe Folder Agent
- Remote management of word lists, custom commands and vocabularies (Nsadmin.exe and Data Distribution Tool wizard)
- MSI installation.
- High-quality headset microphone included with purchase
Ignite Productivity With Fast, Accurate Dictation
- Dragon 12 Legal lets legal professionals dictate naturally to create contracts, briefs, court documents, email and more - three times faster than typing - with up to 99% recognition accuracy.
- Intelligent reminders prompt you to initiate analysis of documents and emails so Dragon adapts to the words and phrases you are likely to use.
- Correcting or revising dictated text is fast and simple, too. Natural-sounding Text-to-Speech reads editable text - with fast-forward, rewind and speed and volume control - for easy proofing and multi-tasking. Dragon can even adapt its format rules by detecting your format corrections abbreviations, numbers, and more - so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time.
- Plus, the software automatically updates your voice profile based on your dictation sessions and corrections to deliver continuous accuracy improvements. The more you use Dragon 12, the better it transcribes your speech.
- Dragon even takes advantage of the latest PC multi-core processors to further boost speech recognition performance.
Ignite Profits With A Legal - Specific Solution
- Dragon 12 Legal includes a special language model to help achieve optimal out-of-the-box accuracy when dictating legal terms.
- To further increase accuracy, you can create, import and share custom word lists that are relevant to your clients and areas of specialty.
- Automatically format legal citations. Use the third-party correction features to speed document turnaround, free up support staff for higher-value tasks, and improve client service.
Ignite Proficiency And Ease Of Use
- The interactive tutorial in Dragon 12 Legal presents simulations to help users learn and practice good dictation, correction and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes.
- The Dragon Help system contains a Tip of the Day window and other easy ways for you to quickly learn more.
- The Dragon Sidebar puts important voice commands and tips in one convenient desktop location.
- And on-screen help means information is always available when you need it.
Ignite Convenience By Using Business - Critical Applications
- You can use Dragon 12 Legal with many of the Windows applications you use every day.
- Dictate, edit and format text in Microsoft Word, OpenOffice Writer, or Corel WordPerfect, work with spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel, create presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint, manage email and create tasks and appointments in Microsoft Outlook, search the Web using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, post to Facebook or Twitter, and more - all by voice.
- Dragon 12 even enhances the experience of using your voice with two of the most popular web-based email applications - Gmail and Hotmail - offering Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions in Internet Explorer 9, Mozilla Firefox 10 or higher, and Google Chrome 16 or higher.
- Dragon 12 Legal also works with most case management systems so you can enjoy immediate benefits and productivity gains in your existing software or workflows.
Ignite Efficiency With Time-Saving Voice Shortcuts And Macros
- Use simple voice commands to create files, send email, schedule tasks and meetings, open and close applications, save and convert documents, and search the Web or your computer with remarkable speed and ease.
- Dragon Voice Shortcuts let you obtain the equivalent of multiple keystrokes and mouse clicks with a single voice command that can be spoken at any time - no matter what is active on your screen. For example, say: “Send email to John Smith and Raphael Sanchez” or “Search maps for financial advisors in Boston, Massachusetts” and Dragon makes it happen. You can also say “open top site for Nuance Communications” and Dragon automatically opens the top-ranked page for these keywords.
- In addition, you can easily create or import custom voice commands that let you fill out forms, insert frequently used text and graphics, control application elements like menus and toolbars, or automate business processes.
Ignite Mobility And Flexibility
- For advanced recording functionality, dictate into a Nuance-approved digital voice recorder, from anywhere, at any time, and Dragon will automatically transcribe the text when you connect to your PC.
- Or use the free Dragon Recorder app to record high-quality audio files using your Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (4th gen).
- Use a wireless headset for superior comfort and mobility; wideband Bluetooth support delivers optimal recognition performance.
- You can even use an compatible iOS or Android device as a remote microphone to provide ultimate convenience using our free Dragon Remote Mic app.
Ignite Superior Service With Streamlined Transcription
- Speed document turnaround and free up support staff for higher-value tasks. Dragon’s Auto-Transcribe Folder Agent manages the flow of transcribed text (in a variety of output formats including RTF and DOC) and synchronized audio of digital voice recordings - even notifying users when a transcription is complete - to streamline third-party review and correction.
- The “Roaming” configuration allows dictation and third-party correction from different network locations and computing devices while ensuring centralized management of master user profiles.
Ignite Compliance With An Enterprise-Ready Solution
- Dragon 12 Legal’s security features, configuration options and administrative tools make it easy to manage voice profiles, custom vocabularies and commands, feature access, and multiple installations over a network.
- You can even create a recognition log file that provides rich, objective usage information to help you achieve better recognition results and track return on investment.
- What’s more, because Dragon 12 Legal is Section 508 certified, you can meet government-mandated accessibility requirements for workers with disabilities. It also helps prevent repetitive stress injuries and keeps more employees on the job.
What's New in Dragon 12
Even More Accurate
- Improved Accuracy: Dragon 12 delivers up to a 20% improvement in out-of-box accuracy compared to Dragon 11. This means that Dragon gets you, and you get things done, faster than ever. And when you do need to make a correction, Dragon learns, making it more accurate the more that you use it.
Faster Than Ever
- Faster Processors Yield Faster Performance: If you use Dragon on a computer with multi-core processors and more than 4 GB of RAM, Dragon 12 automatically selects the BestMatch V speech model for you when you create your user profile in order to deliver faster performance.
- Better performance: Dragon 12 boosts performance by delivering easier correction and editing options, and giving you more control over your command preferences, letting you get things done faster than ever before.
Enhanced Web Mail
- Enhanced Experience with Gmail and Hotmail: Dragon 12 enhances the experience of using your voice with two of the most popular web-based email applications - Gmail and Hotmail - offering Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions in Internet Explorer 9, Mozilla Firefox 12 or higher, and Google Chrome 16 or higher.
- Interactive Tutorial: Proposed at the end of profile creation and available any time from the Help menu, the Interactive Tutorial in Dragon 12 offers short progressive simulations to help you practice good dictation, correction and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes. Even experienced Dragon users can benefit from the Interactive Tutorial.
Wideband Bluetooth Support
- Enhanced Bluetooth Support: Dragon 12 adds support for wideband Bluetooth wireless headset microphones, and you can get up and running quickly. When it detects that the USB dongle of a certified microphone is plugged into the PC, Dragon 12 offers “Enhanced Bluetooth” as an audio source type and does not require a script reading to get started. (Available in Premium Edition and above).
Smart Format Rules
- Smart Format Rules: Dragon now reaches out to you to adapt upon detecting your format corrections - abbreviations, numbers, and more - so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time.
More Natural Text-to-Speech
- More Natural Text-to-Speech Voice: Dragon 12’s natural-sounding Text-To-Speech reads editable text - with fast-forward, rewind and speed and volume control - for easy proofing and multi-tasking. (Available in Home Edition and Above).
- Correction: When it comes to correcting a word or phrase, Dragon now includes more choices to make it quicker and easier to make a change.
Dragon Remote Mic - Now for Android
- Dragon Remote Microphone App for iOS and now Android: Dragon 12 lets you go wireless with an iOS or Android device and the free Dragon Remote Microphone App. Turn your compatible iPhone, iPod touch (4th gen), iPad or Android device into a wireless microphone for use with Dragon over a WiFi network. And it’s easier than ever to get started - simply use the camera on your device to scan the barcode that Dragon 12 provides on-screen. (Available in Home Edition and above).
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 7 and higher (32-bit and 64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista SP2 (32-bit and 64-bit), Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32-bit only), Windows Server 2008 SP2 and R2 (32-bit and 64-bit)|
|Min CPU||Minimum 1 GHz Intel Pentium or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel Atom processor|
|Min HDD||3.2 GB|
|Min RAM||1 GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista and 2 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008|
|Peripheral Devices||Sound card supporting 16-bit recording; DVD-ROM drive; Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone (included in purchase)|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher for online help, Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 12 or higher, or Google Chrome 16 or higher are required in order to experience the enhanced capabilities in Gmail and Hotmail|
The install process checks that your system meets the minimum requirements; if they are not met, Dragon NaturallySpeaking will not be installed.
- CPU: We recommend 2.2 GHz Intel dual core or equivalent AMD processor. (Minimum 1 GHz Intel Pentium or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel Atom processor). NOTE: Faster processors yield faster performance. (IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set is required)
- Processor Cache: We recommend 2 MB L2 cache. (Minimum: 512 KB L2 cache)
- Free hard disk space: 3.2 GB (4 GB for localized non-English versions)
- Supported Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 7 and higher (32-bit and 64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista SP2 (32-bit and 64-bit), Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32-bit only), Windows Server 2008 SP2 and R2 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- RAM: We recommend 2 GB for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 32-bit, 4 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 64-bit. (Minimum: 1 GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista and 2 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008.)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher for online help (free download at www.microsoft.com)
- Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 12 or higher, or Google Chrome 16 or higher are required in order to experience the enhanced capabilities in Gmail and Hotmail
- Sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- A DVD-ROM drive for installation
- A Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone (included in purchase). See details at support.nuance.com/compatibility/ (includes USB adapters and digital voice recorders).
Note: An Internet connection is required for automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process).
*This edition of Dragon does not support dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.