Nuance Dragon Dictate for Mac 3.0 - 5 Users
With Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 speech recognition software, you can use your voice to create and edit text or interact with your favorite Mac applications. Far more than just speech-to-text, Dragon Dictate lets you create and edit documents, manage email, surf the Web, update social networks, and more - quickly, easily and accurately, all by voice. Open and close or navigate between applications, or even create your own custom voice commands to execute multiple steps with a simple word or phrase. Use your iPhone or iPod as a wireless microphone, or capture your notes on-the-go using a digital voice recorder and Dragon Dictate 3 will transcribe them for you.
What's New in Dictate 3
There are many new features and enhancements in Dragon Dictate for Mac 3.
- Even More Accurate - Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 delivers a 15% improvement to out-of-the-box accuracy when compared to version 2.x. This means that Dragon gets you, and you get things done, faster than ever. Dragon Dictate for Mac relies on the latest Dragon speech recognition engine (from Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12), and also samples higher quality audio in order to deliver unprecedented accuracy, so that what you say is what you get.
- Advanced Correction - When it comes to making a correction, Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 makes it faster and easier than ever before. Simply speak to correct individual words or phrases through a single, easy to understand window. Select an alternate word choice, or spell and train new words. Dragon Dictate includes a richer list of alternative word choices too, so when you do make a correction, it’s more likely that the word or phrase you intended will be presented as an option. And when you make a correction, Dragon learns, making it more accurate the more that you use it.
- Control in More Applications - Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 gives you control in more applications, so that you can use your voice to get more done. Dragon Dictate delivers an Express Editor so that you can dictate into a text field for which it does not have Full Text Control. After you finish dictating, you can transfer the text from the Express Editor to the desired application quickly and easily by voice.
- Digital Voice Recorder Support:
- Transcription of Recorded Speech - It’s easy to transcribe your own recorded speech into text with Dragon Dictate for Mac 3. Simply establish a user profile for a digital voice recorder, and have Dragon Dictate transcribe your recorded voice quickly and easily. Supports .wav, .m4a, .m4v, .mp4, .aif, and .aiff audio file formats.
- Dragon Recorder - If you don’t have a digital voice recorder available to you, use our free Dragon Recorder app to record your thoughts using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (4th gen). Dragon Dictate will transcribe the recorded audio files when you are back at your Mac
- Smart Format Rules - Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 reaches out to you to adapt upon detecting your format corrections - abbreviations, numbers, and more - so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time.
- Vocabulary Editor - With the ability to set alternative written forms of words or phrases (e.g. color vs. colour) in Dragon Dictate for Mac 3, you have more say over how your words appear.
- Enhanced Bluetooth Support - Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 adds support for wideband Bluetooth wireless headset microphones, and you can get up and running quickly. When it detects that the USB dongle of a certified microphone is plugged into the Mac, Dragon Dictate offers “Enhanced Bluetooth” as an audio source type and does not require a script reading to get started.
- Interactive Tutorial - Displayed at the end of profile creation and available at any time from the Help menu, the Interactive Tutorial in Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 offers short progressive simulations to help you practice good dictation, correction and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes. Even experienced Dragon Dictate users can benefit from the Interactive Tutorial.
IGNITE PRODUCTIVITY WITH FAST, ACCURATE DICTATION
- Say words and watch them appear on your computer screen - three times faster than typing - with up to 99% recognition accuracy right out of the box. Correcting or revising your dictated text is simple with a new, more powerful correction interface that lets you quickly edit words or phrases. Dragon Dictate adapts to your voice and the words you use to deliver better recognition results over time. You can personalize Dragon Dictate with your own custom vocabulary of acronyms, proper names and other unique phrases that you frequently use. Dragon Dictate can even adapt its format rules by detecting your format corrections - abbreviations, numbers, and more - so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time. Review your work with Dragon Dictate’s Text-to-Speech feature, which reads back editable text for easy proofing or multi-tasking.
IGNITE CONVENIENCE USING YOUR FAVORITE MAC APPLICATIONS
- Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 goes beyond simple speech-to-text, and gives you control in more applications so that you can simply speak to do more than ever before. Use Dragon Dictate in Mac OS X Lion or Mountain Lion with virtually any Mac application. Create and edit documents in Microsoft Word, TextEdit, Notepad and Pages, work with spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel and Numbers, create presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint and Keynote, manage email in Mail, search the Web or your Mac desktop, post to Facebook or Twitter, and more - all by voice. Dragon Dictate’s new Express Editor lets you dictate into a text field in any application on the Mac for which it does not have Full Text Control. After you finish dictating, simply transfer the text from the Express Editor to the desired application quickly and easily by voice.
IGNITE PROFICIENCY & EASE OF USE RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX
- Thanks to the new interactive tutorial’s simulations, you can learn and practice good dictation, correction and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes. Dragon Dictate’s help menu is within reach with a simple voice command, so assistance is always available when you need it.
IGNITE FREEDOM AND COMFORT AT YOUR MAC
- Say goodbye to repetitive stress injuries. Use your Mac in a comfortable, ergonomic way without being tied to your keyboard and mouse. Open applications or folders, select menu items, click or move the mouse, press keys, switch from one application to another or create custom voice commands to execute multiple steps by voice. With our free Dragon Remote Microphone app, use your Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (4th gen) or your compatible Android device as a wireless microphone over Wi-Fi for optimal convenience. Wideband Bluetooth support delivers outstanding wireless performance with no training required.
IGNITE MOBILITY FOR PRODUCTIVITY ON THE GO
- Dictate into a Nuance-approved digital voice recorder or use the free Dragon Recorder app to capture high-quality audio files using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (4th gen). Dragon Dictate will transcribe the recorded audio files when you connect to your Mac. These mobile recording capabilities enable you to capture thoughts from anywhere, at any time while they’re still fresh in your mind to produce detailed, high-quality reports, papers, proposals, meeting minutes, and more.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||5 Users|
|Operating System||OS X 10.7 or OS X 10.8|
|Min CPU||Intel-based Mac computer (2.2 Ghz Intel Core2 Duo processor or greater recommended)|
|Peripheral Devices||A Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone for Mac (included in purchase)|
- CPU: Intel-based Mac computer (2.2 Ghz Intel Core2 Duo processor or greater recommended)
- Free hard disk space: 4GB
- Supported Operating Systems: OS X Lion (10.7) or OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)
- RAM: 2GB recommended
- A DVD-ROM drive for installation
- A Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone for Mac (included in purchase).
Note: An Internet connection is required for automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process).
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.