Microsoft Word Mac 2011
- Platform: Mac
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: D48-00960
- Stock Code: 015713
- More: Microsoft Word
- Availability: SOLD OUT
Microsoft Word for Mac 2011 helps you structure your ideas, market your business, and create everything from a murder mystery to a holiday newsletter, with style. Then save, edit, and share online.
PUBLISHING LAYOUT VIEW-Enhanced desktop publishing.
Create visually rich newsletters, brochures, and documents easily. A powerful user interface gives users the ability to easily manipulate the layering of text, shapes, pictures, SmartArt, and charts in a document. Word also features new ligatures for more professional-looking documents, and new typography features for more creative document options.
VISUAL STYLES-Reveal the power of Styles.
Instantly see the Styles applied in your document, enabling great-looking documents with consistent, recurring formatting. And with the introduction of Styles Visual Aids in Word 2011, there are now color-coded visual aids that reinforce the relationship between Styles and in-document content, while also providing one click checking for potential formatting errors. Styles are easier to use and more reliable than ever.
FULL SCREEN VIEW-See the big picture.
Maximize the space for reading and writing documents. The Full Screen View feature enables a Word user to block out all other windows, menus, palettes, and other superfluous content on the screen, to be able to completely focus on the task at hand: either reading or editing a Word document.
REORDER OBJECTS-Manage layers easily.
Reorder Objects enables you to easily rearrange layers of text, photos, and graphics throughout your documents. This new functionality allows users to intuitively and directly manipulate the layers to achieve more predictable results, without cumbersome clicking and dragging.
WORLD WEB APP-Access your files anywhere.
Post, access, edit, and share your files from virtually anywhere. Word is now integrated with Windows Live SkyDrive, so that your documents can be stored, viewed, edited, and shared in the cloud from any computer with Internet access. Supported browsers include Internet Explorer on Windows, Safari on Mac or Windows, and Firefox on Mac or Windows.
COAUTHORING-Collaborate wherever you are.
Word for Mac 2011 enables several collaborators to simultaneously edit the same document from different computers in different locations. During a coauthoring session, users can see when updates occur, be informed of presence of the other collaborators, block other authors from making changes to sections they are working on, and work around conflicting changes.
WHAT's NEW IN WORD 2011 FOR MAC?
FAMILIAR, EASY TOOLS:
- The tools you want, when you want them-The new Microsoft Office for Mac ribbon helps you find the features and commands you want to complete tasks quickly.You'll find the commands you already know how to use available in an intuitive, easy-to-use interface, right at the top of the application window. Your home base is the Home tab, which holds the most frequently used tools, such as font and paragraph formatting. Other commonly used tools, such as those for page layout, tables, charts, and SmartArt, can be found on their own tabs.In addition, specialized tools appear on the ribbon when you need them. For example, when you are formatting a table, the Tables Format tab appears, revealing an array of robust table editing tools.Want to adapt the ribbon to your particular style of working? You can customize it by rearranging tabs and showing or hiding group titles in the tabs.
- Read or write without distraction-Full screen view helps you focus on your ideas by offering a clean, uncluttered environment that has two great modes: Write mode or Read mode. When you are in Write mode, you can focus on just that: writing. Instead of seeing all the user interface of Microsoft Word for Mac 2011, you can reveal the most popular formatting commands only when you want them. When you are in Read mode, you can read a document as you would a book, with smooth page curl animations. To exit Full screen view, press the ESC key.
- Reveal the power of styles-You can change the formatting in your document quickly and easily with the visual Styles Guides. These guides show you not just where but how styles have been applied. This makes it easy to change your document formatting. For example, a heading formatted with the Heading 1 style and a heading formatted with 16-point Calibri bold might look the same. However, the heading that is formatted by using a style can be quickly changed throughout the document. By using Styles Guides, you can quickly find and fix text that was directly formatted. It's easy to turn Styles Guides on and off, too. Select or clear the check boxes in the Styles panel of the Toolbox for Show Styles Guides and Direct Formatting Guides.
- Get search results quickly-You can search your document without disrupting your workflow. Just like many Mac OS X applications that you already use, Office search includes a search field right in the standard toolbar. All of your search results--every instance of the word, phrase, or special character that you're looking for--are highlighted in the document as you type in the search field. You can also open the Word sidebar to see a full list of all of the search results in the document. In the sidebar, you can also find and replace text. You can even search for special characters, such as paragraph marks.
- Sophisticated page layout made easy-Publishing layout view in Microsoft Word for Mac 2011 makes complex document layout a breeze. This special environment provides rich desktop publishing tools and transforms Word for Mac into a freeform canvas for your creativity. You can place a text box, shape, or picture anywhere on the page intuitively and easily. Want that text in front of the picture instead of behind it? The new Reorder Objects tool, available in publishing layout view, allows you to move and reshuffle the order of objects on your page simply by dragging the layers.
- Create beautiful publications-You want your documents to stand out from the crowd, to express your style and point of view. Advanced typography tools in Word for Mac can help you create documents that get noticed.It's easy to add personal touches to documents and create publications that you can be proud of by applying ligatures (decorative or joined characters that are available for certain characters in some fonts), stylistic sets, context alternative characters, font-based kerning, and number forms and spacing.
- Make every document look professional-The Word Document Gallery provides professional-quality templates that you can make uniquely your own by adding your own words, iPhoto pictures, and favorite themes. Templates make it easy to produce great-looking documents, including resumes, business cards, calendars, and more. The Word Document Gallery displays templates in a large format that lets you see layouts, graphics, and fonts at a glance. And you're not limited to the colors and fonts of the built-in designs. The color and font menus within the Template Gallery provide an array of choices so that you can customize and create a document that reflects your style. Don't see what you want? Use the search tool to quickly locate the type of document that you want to create and then preview it with the colors and fonts you prefer without even opening the document.
- Create a multimedia experience-The Media Browser provides handy, instant access to your photos, music, and movies, as well as images such as shapes, clip art, and symbols. The Media Browser integrates with your Mac. It displays photos from your iPhoto or Photo Booth libraries, music from your iTunes playlists, and movies from iMovie, Photo Booth, and iTunes. Add your own pictures and sounds to your document with just a click.
- Collaborate in real time-Word's new coauthoring tools make it easy for teammates to work together. Whether you're separated by an ocean or a dorm room wall, you can compose your own thoughts, see what sections other people are working on, and comment on other authors' work, all in the same document at the same time. Collaboration tools allow you to merge changes and review updates from others, so that everyone's work is included.
You can even communicate instantly as you work, directly from Microsoft Word for Mac 2011. When you and your team members have instant messaging accounts (such as Microsoft Communicator for Mac 2011 or Microsoft Communicator 2010 or the free Windows Live Messenger) you can all see who else is working on the document, and whether they are available for an instant messaging conversation.
- Create equations in a snap-Math professionals, take heart. Word 2011 is made for you, offering, for the first time, a way to create visually rich and professionally typeset custom equations from directly within Word for Mac. Equation tools, available directly in the ribbon, include a vast gallery of equation elements that are easy to see, compare, and choose from. Publishing complex equations in your documents is simple. Now, when you want to create documents that merit professional publication, Word puts the tools right where you need them.
- Access your files anywhere-You know that with your purchase of Word for Mac 2011, you have a professional, creative, and powerful application for the desktop. But did you know that Word now also gives you access to your documents anywhere, anytime? The Microsoft Word Web App, an online extension of Word on your computer, extends your workspace to the Internet. Now, whether you're in the office, at home, or on the road, the Microsoft Word Web app lets you easily post, access, edit, and share your documents--all in one place. You can share documents with anyone, anywhere, even if he or she doesn't own Word. All you need is a computer with an Internet connection and a supported browser.
From the browser, you can use familiar tools, such as AutoCorrect, check spelling as you type, and apply font and paragraph formatting. Make and save your changes, and you're done!
- Finish your work sooner-Whether at work or at home, you can boost efficiency and save time by using Visual Basic, available in Word for Mac 2011. Create macros to automate tasks and add customization (menus, dialogs, and so on) to Office documents, so you can focus on being creative, not repetitive.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||A Mac computer with an Intel processor|
|Min CPU||Mac OS X version 10.5.8 or later|
|Min HDD||2.5 GB|
|Min RAM||1 GB|
|Min Screen Requirements||1280x800|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
- A Mac computer with an Intel processor.
- Mac OS X version 10.5.8 or later.
- 1 GB of RAM recommended.
- 2.5 GB of available hard disk space.
- HFS+ hard disk format (also known as Mac OS Extended or HFS Plus).
- DVD drive or connection to a local area network (if installing over a network).
- 1280 x 800 or higher resolution monitor.
Additional services required to use some features:
- Certain online functionality requires a Windows Live ID.
- Outlook and certain features require Internet access (fees may apply).
- Exchange support in Outlook 2011 requires connectivity to Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP1 RU4 or later.
- Access to files stored on a SharePoint server requires connectivity to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 or later.
- Co-authoring requires SharePoint 2010 or a Windows Live ID.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.