Microsoft Word 2010
Microsoft Word 2010 offers the best of all worlds: enhanced features to create professional-quality documents, easier ways to work together with people, and almost-anywhere access to your files.Designed to give you the finest document-formatting tools, Word 2010 also helps you easily organize and write your documents more efficiently, and stay within reach so you can capture your best ideas whenever and wherever they occur.
Create visually compelling documents more easily than ever
Word 2010 provides an array of new and improved tools that help you look like a design pro and make your important content stand out.
- Add impressive formatting effects--such as gradient fills and reflections--directly to the text in your document. You can now apply many of the same effects to text and shapes that you might already use for pictures, charts, and SmartArt graphics.
- Use new and improved picture editing tools--including versatile artistic effects and advanced correction, color, and cropping tools--to fine-tune every picture in your document to look its absolute best.
- Choose from more customizable Office themes to coordinate colors, fonts, and graphic formatting effects throughout your documents. Customize themes to use your own personal or business branding. The same Office themes are available in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel 2010, so it's easy to give all your documents a consistent, professional look.
- Make a statement with a wide selection of SmartArt graphics--including many new layouts for organization charts and picture diagrams--to create impressive graphics as easily as typing a bulleted list. SmartArt graphics automatically coordinate with your chosen document theme, so great-looking formatting for all your document content is just a couple of clicks away.
Save time and simplify your work
Word 2010 provides tools that save time and simplify your work.
- Find your way with the improved Navigation Pane and Find tools. These new enhancements make it easier than ever to browse, search, and even reorganize document content right from a single, easy-to-use pane.
- Recover draft versions of files that you closed without saving. That's right. The version recovery feature is just one of many new features available from the new Microsoft Office Backstage view. Backstage view replaces the traditional File menu in all Office 2010 applications to provide a centralized, organized space for all document management tasks.
- Easily customize the improved Ribbon to make the commands you need most accessible. Create custom tabs or even customize built-in tabs.
Work together more successfully
If you work with others on documents and projects, Word 2010 has the tools you need.
- Using new co-authoring capabilities, you can now edit the same document, at the same time, as other team members in other locations. You can even communicate instantly as you work, directly from Word.
- If you work for a company running SharePoint Foundation 2010 this functionality can be used within the firewall. With Office Communicator now integrated throughout several Office 2010 programs, you can view presence information that shows the availability of other authors and initiate instant messaging or voice calls directly from Word.
- If you're in a small company or use Word 2010 for your home or school work, you can take advantage of co-authoring features though Windows Live. All you need is a free Windows Live ID to simultaneously edit documents with others. An instant messenger account (such as the free Windows Live Messenger) is required to view presence of authors and start an instant messaging conversation.
Access your information from more places
Your ideas, deadlines, projects, and work emergencies don't always occur conveniently when you are at your desk. Fortunately, you now have the power to get things done when and where you need to, from the Web or even from your smartphone.3
- Microsoft Word Web App is an online companion to Microsoft Word that enables you to extend your Word experience to the browser. View a high fidelity version of your documents and make light edits as well. Access some of the same formatting and editing tools that are in Word 2010, and work in a familiar editing environment, from almost any computer with a Web browser.2
- Microsoft Word Mobile 2010 gives you a lightweight editor for your documents that's especially designed for easy use on your Windows phone.
Whether you're writing that career-making report, working with a team on the next big pitch, drafting your resume, or getting work done on the run, Word 2010 makes it easier to get what you need done more quickly, with more flexibility, and with better results.
The Word 2010 Software from Microsoft is a full-featured word processor for Windows. Its features allow you to draft all types of documents, complete with images, hyperlinks, and other enhanced features. Word includes a powerful spell and grammar check module to help you eliminate typos and grammatical mistakes.
Word's document formatting tools are second to none, allowing you to organize and write your documents with efficiency. You can save your files online, allowing you to access, edit, and share them using any web browser. This ensures that you'll have access to critical files, no matter where you are.
- Discover an Improved Search and Navigation Experience
- Locating the information you need is faster and easier in Word 2010. With the new and improved Find experience, you can now view a summary of search results in a single pane, and click to access any individual result. The improved Navigation Pane provides you a visual outline of your document so you can browse, sort, and find what you need quickly
- Work with Others without Having to Wait Your Turn
- Word 2010 redefines the way people can work together on a document. With co-authoring, you can edit papers and share ideas with others at the same time. You can also view the availability of others who are authoring a document with you and can easily initiate a conversation without leaving Word
- Access and Share Your Documents from Virtually Anywhere
- Post your documents online and then access, view, and edit them from almost any computer or your Windows phone. With Word 2010, you can take advantage of a best-in-class document experience across multiple locations and devices
- Microsoft Word Web App
- Edit documents in a Web browser when you're away from your office, home, or school without compromising the quality of your viewing experience
- Microsoft Word Mobile 2010
- Stay current and take immediate action using an enhanced mobile version of Word specifically suited to your smartphone
- Add Visual Effects to Your Text
- With Word 2010, you can apply formatting effects such as shadow, bevel, glow, and reflection to your document text as easily as applying bold or underline. You can spell-check text that uses visual effects, and add text effects to paragraph styles. Many of the same effects used for images are now available to both text and shapes, enabling you to seamlessly coordinate all of your content
- Turn Your Text into Compelling Diagrams
- Word 2010 offers you more options to add visual impact to your documents. Choose from dozens of additional SmartArt Graphics to build impressive diagrams just by typing a bulleted list. Use SmartArt to transform basic, bullet-point text into compelling visuals that better illustrate your ideas
- Add Visual Impact to Your Document
- New picture-editing tools in Word 2010 enable you to add special picture effects without additional photo-editing software. You can easily adjust pictures with color saturation and temperature controls. You also get improved tools for easier and more precise cropping and image correction, to help you turn a simple document into a work of art
- Recover Work You Thought Was Lost
- After working on that document for awhile, did you accidentally close it without saving? No problem. Word 2010 lets you recover draft versions of recently edited files as easily as opening any file, even if you never saved the document
- Transcend Communication Barriers
- Word 2010 helps you work and communicate effectively across different languages. Translate a word, phrase, or document more easily than before. Set separate language settings for ScreenTips, Help content, and displays. And, get additional assistance for English as a second language with English text-to-speech playback
- Insert Screenshots and Handwriting into Your Documents
- Capture and insert screenshots directly from Word 2010 to quickly and easily incorporate visual illustrations into your work. When you use a tablet-enabled device such as a Tablet PC or Wacom tablet, you get improved tools for formatting ink as easily as you format shapes
- Accomplish More with an Enhanced User Experience
- Word 2010 simplifies how you access features. The new Microsoft Office Backstage view replaces the traditional File menu to let you save, share, print, and publish your documents with just a few clicks. With the improved Ribbon, you can access your favorite commands even more quickly by customizing tabs or creating your own to personalize the experience to your work style
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Windows XP with Service Pack (SP) 3 (32-bit), Windows Vista with SP1, Windows Server 2003 R2 with MSXML 6.0, Windows Server 2008 with SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 7 or later operating systems|
|Min CPU||500 MHz Processor or higher|
|Min HDD||2 GB|
|Min RAM||256 MB|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024x576|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
- Computer and processor: 500-megahertz (MHz) processor or higher
- Memory: 256 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher; 512 MB of RAM recommended for co-authoring.
- Hard disk: 1.5 gigabyte (GB); a portion of this disk space will be freed after installation if the original download package is removed from the hard disk.
- Display: 1024 x 576 or higher resolution monitor
- Video card requirements: Pixel Shader 20 and Vertex Shader 2.0. Driver date later than Nov. 1, 2004. WHQL certified.
- Operating system: Windows XP with Service Pack (SP) 3 (32-bit), Windows Vista with SP1, Windows Server 2003 R2 with MSXML 6.0, Windows Server 2008 with SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 7 or later operating systems.
- Certain inking features require running Windows XP Tablet PC edition or later; speech recognition functionality requires a close-talk microphone and audio output device.
- Publications can be sent by using Office Outlook 2007, Outlook Express 6.0, or Windows Live Mail; recipients can view in a variety of e-mail clients and Web-based services.
- Internet Explorer 6 or later, 32-bit browser only. Internet functionality requires Internet access (fees might apply).
- Actual requirements and product functionality might vary based on the system configuration and operating system. See http://www.office.com/products (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=169378).
- Co-authoring requires Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 or SkyDrive, and might require more memory.
- Grammar and contextual spelling in Word 2010 is not turned on unless the computer has 1 GB memory.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.