Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 Upgrade
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Type: Retail Boxed, Upgrade Edition
- MPN: 66R-02262
- Stock Code: 014603
- More: Microsoft Windows Vista
- Availability: SOLD OUT
Windows Vista Ultimate with Service Pack 1 is the choice for those who want to have it all. Easily shift between the worlds of productivity and play with the most complete edition of Windows Vista. Ultimate provides the power, security, and mobility features needed for work, and all the entertainment features that you want for fun.
Improved Reliability and Performance
Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 and improvements delivered by hardware and software partners increase the reliability, performance, and compatibility of Windows Vista-based PCs.
With Windows Vista with SP1, many of the most common causes of operating system crashes and hangs have been addressed. Windows Vista includes new, innovative technologies that help pinpoint and diagnose issues reported anonymously by Windows Vista-based PCs from millions of users who have elected to have their PC send us system information.
Windows Vista with SP1 supports a number of important new technology standards, so it will keep making your PC easier and more enjoyable to use for years to come.
The most complete edition of Windows Vista--with the power, security, and mobility features that you need for work, and all of the entertainment features that you want for fun
When you want to have it all, including the ability to shift smoothly between the worlds of play and productivity, there's Windows Vista Ultimate with Service Pack 1. You'll never have to worry about having the most advanced capabilities they're all here. This edition of Windows Vista offers an advanced, business-focused infrastructure, mobile productivity, and a premium home digital entertainment experience, all in a single offering.
- Specifically, Windows Vista Ultimate with Service Pack 1 offers all of the features found in Windows Vista Home Premium, including Windows Media Center, Windows Movie Maker with high-definition support, and Windows DVD Maker. It also offers all of the features found in Windows Vista Business, including business networking, centralized management tools, and advanced system backup features. And Windows Vista Ultimate with Service Pack 1 has all of the new security and data protection features that help take Windows Vista to a whole new level of dependability.
- In addition, Windows Vista Ultimate with Service Pack 1 includes support for all of the new mobility features in Windows Vista, including Windows Tablet and Touch Technology, Windows SideShow, Windows Mobility Center, and other new, advanced mobility features.
- Exclusive to Windows Vista Ultimate with Service Pack 1 are Windows Ultimate Extras. Windows Ultimate Extras are add-ons that extend certain capabilities of your operating system or just make using your PC more fun.
Windows Ultimate Extras currently available include:
- Windows DreamScene, an Extra that enables you to use looped, full-motion video as your desktop wallpaper instead of a static image
- Windows Hold'em, a poker game for players of all skill levels
- Language packs for Windows multi-language interface, where users can install and use multiple languages on a single PC. Great for multi-lingual households or if you are learning a new language.
- Secure Online Key Backup, where Ultimate users can store their BitLocker recovery password and Encrypting File System certificate on Windows Marketplace's Digital Locker website for access to the key anytime, anyplace, and from any computer that has an Internet connection
- BitLocker Drive Preparation Tool, an automated tool which removes the complexity of setting up your PC to use this exclusive data security feature.
Whenever a new Windows Ultimate Extra is ready for distribution by Microsoft, you will see the Ultimate Extra control panel inform you that there are new extras to download. Simply download and install the Extras and begin enjoying these exclusive software and services that give your Windows Vista experience an extra lift!
If you want a single PC that fulfills all of your work, travel, and entertainment needs, or if you simply want to be confident that you have the very best, Windows Vista Ultimate with Service Pack 1 is the no-compromise edition for you.
Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 helps protect your family and your personal information from threats from malicious software and phishing scams and helps you keep your PC backed-up and running smoothly.
- Parental Controls help parents keep children safer while using PCs through convenient tools to manage and monitor children's computer use, access to websites, and ability to play certain games and use certain applications.
- PCs running Windows Vista are 60% less likely to be infected with viruses, worms and rootkits than PCs running Windows XP SP2.
- Windows Internet Explorer 7 helps protect your PC and your personal information against malicious software, fraudulent websites, and online phishing scams. New phishing attacks are more than 25 times as common as new viruses, and over 20,000 fraudulent phishing websites are created every month. Internet Explorer 7 is now blocking nearly one million inadvertent attempts to access fake phishing sites per week.
- Help defend your PC against pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats caused by spyware and other unwanted software with Windows Defender. Windows Defender in Windows Vista automatically scans Internet Explorer 7 downloads to help bring spyware to your attention before it can infect your computer.
- More easily back-up the content on your PC--including digital photos, music, movies, and documents--with Scheduled and Network Backup.
- If you have serious PC problems, Complete PC Backup and Restore makes it easier to restore your PC by not only backing up all your files, but also the entire operating system and all of your applications.
- Help ensure that the data on your computer stays confidential, even if your PC is lost or stolen. windows BitLocker Drive Encryption provides full-volume encryption and boot integrity monitoring (alerting you if someone has tampered with your PC).
Windows Vista with SP1 is more entertaining. With Windows Media Center, you can enjoy your digital photos and music on your TV as well as on your PC. And it can turn your PC into a digital video recorder, so you can record TV and watch it on your schedule, not theirs.
- Sit back and enjoy recorded TV, photos, music, home videos, games and DVDs from the comfort of your couch with Windows Media Center.
- Access and project your TV, music, photos, and movies to any room in your house using an Xbox 360 console connected to your wired or wireless home network. It's like having your Media Center PC wherever you have an Xbox 360!
- Author and burn movies, photos, and music to DVDs you can play on your PC or a DVD player with Windows DVD Maker.
- Live the game! It's easier for you to find, play, and manage your games with GAMES EXPLORER. Games Explorer provides detailed information including when you last played, game genre, and rating of your games. With DirectX 10, play vivid and engaging games with unrivalled realism. Also, use the same game controller with both your PC and your Xbox 360 system.
It's easier and faster than ever to find, use, manage and share the information on your PC or on the Web with Windows Vista with SP1.
- Most Windows Vista-based PCs boot in less than a minute, which can be an improvement over Windows XP boot times.
- The Windows Vista sleep and resume features can bring your PC to life in a snap. The vast majority of Windows Vista-based PCs resume from sleep in less than six seconds.
- See everything you're working on more clearly with Windows Aero and quickly switch between windows or tasks using Windows Flip 3D.
- Find it fast! Simply type something about a file, picture, or song, such as a word contained in a document or e-mail message, the artist of a song, or the date a picture was taken, and Instant Search will bring back any matches instantly.
- Organize a lifetime of photos and movies with ease using Windows Photo Gallery. Tag your photos by date, keyword, star rating or any identifying label you choose--so you can find them anytime you want them.
- Display live information, like weather, stocks, and news, directly on your desktop with easy-to-use Gadgets and Windows Sidebar.
- View multiple web pages simultaneously with Quick Tabs in Windows Internet Explorer 7.
- Get up and running faster than ever with Windows Easy Transfer that automatically copies your files and settings from your old PC.
With special features to help you go mobile, Windows Vista with SP1 makes computing and connecting away from home or the office easier than ever.
- Work the way you want with touch and digital input and handwriting. Tablet and Touch Technology makes your notebook PC experience truly personal.
- Set up a wireless network at home with Network and Sharing Center--so you can experience the freedom of working virtually anywhere in your home. Then easily find and join a wireless network at your favorite hotspot--so you can stay productive wherever you go.
- Optimize your power and mobil settings centrally with Windows Mobility Center.
- Easily sync and manage your music, contacts and pictures across your devices and other PCs with Sync Center.
- Share your desktop or any program with Windows Meeting Space. Co-edit documents, and pass notes in class, a favorite hotspot, or where no network exists.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Upgrade Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Min CPU||800 MHz|
|Min HDD||20 GB (at least 15 GB of available space)|
|Min RAM||512 MB|
|Min Screen Requirements||Support for Super VGA graphics|
|Peripheral Devices||CD- or DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
- 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 GB of system memory
- 40 GB hard drive with at least 15 GB of available space
- Support for DirectX 9 graphics with:
- WDDM Driver
- 128 MB of graphics memory (minimum)
- Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware
- 32 bits per pixel
- DVD-ROM drive
- Audio Output
- Internet access (fees may apply)
- TV tuner card required for TV functionality (compatible remote control optional)
- Windows Tablet and Touch Technology requires a Tablet PC or a touch screen
- Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption requires a USB Flash Drive and a system with a TPM 1.2 chip
Actual requirements and product functionality may vary based on your system configuration. Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor can help you determine which features and edition of Windows Vista will run on your computer.Windows Vista Ultimate -- Minimum supported system requirements
Certain product features are not available with minimum supported requirements.
- 800 MHz processor and 512 MB of system memory
- 20 GB hard drive with at least 15 GB of available space
- Support for Super VGA graphics
- CD-ROM drive
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.