Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008 Premium - 5 CALs Device Add-On
Windows Small Business Server 2008 is an all-in-one server solution designed to help you keep your data more secure and your company more productive. It provides many of the features used by larger companies, such as e-mail, Internet connectivity, internal Web sites, remote access, support for mobile devices, file and printer sharing, backup, and restore-all at one affordable price.
Discover how Windows Small Business Server 2008 is designed and priced especially for small businesses, so you can improve productivity and help protect your vital business information:
- Affordable, Integrated Solution Windows Small Business Server 2008 is designed for small businesses. It is designed to work with existing technology, build on Microsoft best practices, and deliver a comprehensive network at an affordable price.
- Have virtually anytime, anywhere access to your business desktop, including e-mail, files, business applications, and more.
- Share resources and equipment, such as Internet access, printers, and fax machines, to get the most value from your technology investments.
- Enjoy compatibility and scalability. As your business needs change, Windows Small Business Server 2008 can change with you--easily add users, servers, and applications, or expand into other Microsoft technologies.
- Work more efficiently and add more value to your business with an integrated administrative console.
- Work confidently with a top performing network based on Windows Server 2008 technologies.
- Protect Your Business Data Windows Small Business Server 2008 helps protect your vital business information from loss, by backing up the data on your network and helping enable you to recover accidentally deleted files.
- Use antivirus and anti-spam protection to help protect your information from malicious attacks, viruses, and spam.
- Keep your computers and servers current and your network healthy and up to date with the latest updates.
- Get better control over your business and business information with daily and weekly reports alerting you on the health and security of your technology. A single administrative console gives you or your IT consultant a daily view of PCs and servers and makes it easier to manage common IT tasks.
- Get an at-a-glance snapshot of the security and health of your PCs and servers from a 'green check' report.
- Grow Your Business Capacity Windows Small Business Server 2008 gives you highly secure access to business contacts, calendars, e-mail, files, and other important desktop resources from any Internet-connected computer, virtually anywhere at any time, so you can be productive while you're away from the office or on the road.
- Improve your day-to-day efficiency by using a central repository for storing and sharing information.
- Connect with customers, vendors, and suppliers easily and professionally, with access to contacts, appointments, and files from any Internet-connected computer or a Windows Mobile-powered smartphone, so you can be responsive even when you are away from the office.
- Create a bigger business presence with online marketing tools from Microsoft Office Live Services Small Business, so you can differentiate your business and present a more professional image to your customers.
Windows Small Business Server 2008 is available in two editions: standard and premium.
Windows Small Business Server 2008 Premium Edition becomes a second server solution. Windows Small Business Server 2008 Standard Edition will run on one hardware server, and Windows Small Business Server 2008 Premium Edition will run on two hardware servers, with the second server running Windows Server and SQL Server for line-of-business applications.
Windows Small Business Server 2008 Premium Edition includes:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Standard Technologies
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Microsoft Windows Server Update Services 3.0
- Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server
- Microsoft Windows Live OneCare for Server
- Integration with Office Live Small Business
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Standard for Small Business
Top Ten Reasons To Use Windows Small Business Server 2008:
Windows Small Business Server 2008 (SBS 2008) is an integrated server solution that helps you protect your business data, increase productivity, and present a more professional image to customers. Windows Small Business Server 2008 delivers enterprise-class technologies for data backup and restore, e-mail, remote access, file and printer sharing, internal Web sites, and support for mobile devices--in one fully integrated solution.
- Get a comprehensive, all-in-one solution - Windows Small Business Server 2008 takes the guesswork out of selecting software for your network. It brings together the Microsoft product technologies that businesses need most into a single solution. These technologies are integrated into one product, making it easy for you or your IT consultant to install and manage.
- Stay connected to your customers, vendors, and suppliers - With access to contacts, appointments, and files from any Internet-connected PC or mobile device, you can be responsive to customers, vendors, and suppliers even when you're not in the office.
- Access the facts you need, in real time.
- Respond to customer inquiries more quickly and accurately.
- Stay connected while on the road with remote access capabilities from a Windows Mobile phone.
- Protect your business and prevent data loss - Windows Small Business Server 2008 helps protect your vital business information from loss by backing up the data on your network, and enabling you to recover accidentally deleted files. SBS 2008 also enables you to recover data on your network in the event of disaster. With easy-to-use interfaces, you or your IT consultant gain better control of your data, PCs, and network.
- Access business information and resources from virtually anywhere at any time - Be productive whether you're out of the office, at home, or on the road. Windows Small Business Server 2008 gives you secure access to business contacts, calendars, e-mail, files, your desktop, and even shared resources from any Internetconnected PC, from virtually anywhere at any time.
- Increase your business capacity - Streamline business processes and improve day-to-day efficiency with Windows Small Business Server 2008. It helps automate daily processes by providing a central repository for storing and sharing information more easily--and helps simplify communications with familiar Microsoft technologies.
- Stay safe with antispam and antivirus protection - Windows Small Business Server 2008 offers antispam and antivirus technologies to help protect your business information and your intellectual property from malicious attacks, viruses, and spam.
- Keep your network healthy and up-to-date - Windows Small Business Server 2008 provides you with the latest updates to minimize downtime and help ensure network health by keeping your PCs and servers current. Easy-to-read "green check" reports give you a quick view of Microsoft software updates, PC and server status, antivirus status, and backup progress.
- Take advantage of powerful technologies designed and priced for small business - Windows Small Business Server 2008 includes multiple technologies optimized specifically for small businesses--at an affordable price. It enables you to share resources and equipment, such as Internet access, printers, and fax machines, so you get the most value from your technology investment.
- Get the flexibility and scalability you need - As your business needs change, Windows Small Business Server 2008 enables you to grow. You can easily add users, servers, and applications. It supports your critical line-ofbusiness applications and is designed to integrate with your existing Microsoft technology.
- Create a bigger presence in the market - Differentiate your business and present a more professional image to prospects and customers. Windows Small Business Server 2008 offers e-mail marketing capabilities, business Web sites, and tools for creating your own Web site.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Licence Package|
|License Quantity||5 Devices|
|Operating System||Windows Small Business Server 2008 Premium|
|Min CPU||2GHz or faster recommended|
|Min HDD||60 GB|
|Min RAM||4 GB|
|Min Screen Requirements||Super-VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution monitor|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
Small Business Server (applies to Standard and Premium)
2 GHz (x64 processor) or faster for single core
1.5 GHz or faster for multi-core
Minimum: 4 GB RAM
Maximum: 32 GB
- Available Disk Space:
Minimum: 60 GB
- Fax Modem:
Fax Services require fax modem
Additional Server (applies to Premium only)
Recommended: 2 GHz (x86 and x64 processors)
Recommended: 2 GB RAM
Maximum 32 GB (x64) or 4GB (x86)
- Available Disk Space:
Minimum: 10 GB
Recommended: 40 GB
- Network Card:
Ethernet network interface card from the Windows Server Catalog
Some Internet functionality may require Internet access (fees may apply) and a Windows Live ID Account.
- Supported Client Operating Systems:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition SP2 or later; Windows Vista Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate; Windows Mobile 5.0 or later
- Additional requirements:
- DVD-ROM drive
- Super-VGA (800x600) or higher-resolution monitor
- Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
- Internet access (fees may apply)
Actual requirements will vary based on your system configuration and the applications and features you choose to install. Processor performance is dependent upon not only the clock frequency of the processor, but also on the number of cores and the size of the processor cache. Disk space requirements for the system partition are approximate. Additional available hard-disk space may be required if you are installing over a network.
For those planning to migrate from Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 to Windows Small Business Server 2008
A smooth migration to new software/hardware is what’s most important for small businesses. Our research shows small businesses purchase new hardware with software infrastructure upgrades. Therefore, we have focused on providing guidance, wizards, and automation for fast, easy migration to Windows Small Business Server 2008 on new hardware. For the migration scenario from Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 to Windows Small Business Server 2008, a manual migration will be required. More information will be provided in the future.
For a list of specific supported hardware, see the Windows Server Catalog. By design, for supported hardware, Windows Small Business Server 2008 uses the Windows Server Catalog.
All server hardware should meet the requirements established for the Windows Server 2008 Logo Program for Systems. You can learn more about these requirements by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winlogo/hwrequirements.mspx.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.