Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium R2 5 Clients
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: T75-01255
- Stock Code: 013758
- More: Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium R2 - 5 CALs
- Availability: Call For Availability
Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 (SBS 2003 R2) is an advanced IT solution designed to help you protect your data, do more with less, and connect with customers like never before. SBS 2003 R2 provides small businesses with many of the features used by large companies - e-mail, Internet connection, internal Web sites, remote access, support for mobile devices, file and printer sharing, backup and restore - all in one affordable, integrated solution. Designed with your company needs in mind, Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 is an advanced security and productivity solution, designed and priced for small business. With Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2, you can have confidence that your data is secure, untap new productivity from your desktops, empower your employees to do more, and connect to your customers like never before.Get the Green Check of Software Health and Keep Your Business Up and Running
SBS 2003 R2 helps secure your network, keeps it up and running, and protects your business information so you can focus on your business instead of technology issues. SBS 2003 R2 helps:
- Protect business information with a more reliable and security-enhanced infrastructure, including built-in firewall protection and security-enhanced remote access to help prevent unauthorized users from getting into your network.
- The green check of software health indicates that your computers running Microsoft software are up to date, or the daily report details actions necessary for attaining green check status.
- Put the best operating system from Microsoft behind your business and benefit from award-winning server technology plus tools to help identify technology issues before they occur.
- Help ensure network health by keeping your PCs and servers current with the latest updates to enhance the security of your network.
- Prevent data loss and restore deleted files with automatic data backups and the ability to easily retrieve accidentally deleted files and restore previous versions.
Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 lets you do more with less by providing technology and tools to help you run your business more efficiently, improve employee productivity, and reduce costs. SBS 2003 R2 helps:
- Provide one central place to store business information, making it easy for employees to find, access, and share information and schedules.
- Work from virtually anywhere, anytime, with access to e-mail, internal Web sites, network files, and even business applications from any Internet-enabled PC. SBS 2003 R2 also integrates with Microsoft Windows Mobile-based and Smartphone devices.
- Share resources and equipment. SBS 2003 R2 enables you to share resources and equipment such as Internet access, printers, and fax machines.
- Protect your investment in Windows. SBS 2003 R2 is built on Microsoft Windows Server 2003, the leading network platform technology, so you can protect your investment in training, applications, and hardware.
- Run your business application of choice. SBS 2003 R2 Premium Edition includes a powerful, integrated data management and reporting solution that supports the largest selection of business software applications.
- Reduce costs and increase flexibility through expanded client access license (CAL) rights. SBS 2003 R2 entitles you to access additional servers in your network (Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Workgroup Edition, Windows Server 2003), saving you money and offering you more flexibility in growth.
- Invest in a product you can grow with. As your business needs change, SBS 2003 R2 grows with you by providing a technology building block for additional servers and a seamless transition path to the full line of Windows Server System products.
Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 gives you the tools to take better care of customers, present a professional appearance, and manage customer relationships more effectively. With SBS 2003 R2, you can:
- Stay connected with customers anywhere, anytime. With SBS 2003 R2, you can access business information and resources, e-mail, calendars, contacts, internal Web sites, network files, business applications, and more from any PC with Internet access.
- Present a professional image. SBS 2003 R2 delivers tools to create a customized Web site and personalized communications to increase your credibility with customers.
- Streamline customer communications with one-to-many e-mail capabilities and a shared contact database to manage customer information, so you remain top of mind with customers.
What's New for Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2The Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 server software (Windows SBS 2003 R2) is an incremental software update to Windows SBS 2003 with Service Pack 1 (SP1). Built on Windows SBS 2003 with SP1, Windows SBS 2003 R2 takes advantage of a proven code base while providing the following key benefits:
- Automated, network-wide patch and update management for products that are supported by Microsoft Update, by using Windows SBS 2003 R2 Update Services.
- Increased storage limits for the Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition mailbox store. Administrators of Windows SBS now can increase the mailbox store size from the previous limit of 16 GB to the new limit of 75 GB in Exchange Server 2003 with SP2.
- Inclusion of SQL Server 2005 Workgroup Edition technology in Windows SBS 2003 R2 Premium Edition.
- Expanded rights for client access licenses (CALs), including access to additional servers running Exchange Server 2003 and SQL Server 2005 Workgroup Edition in the Windows SBS 2003 R2 network.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (supports up to 75 CALs, max 2 CPUs, max 4GB of RAM)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services
- Microsoft Outlook 2003 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Shared Fax Service
- NEW! Microsoft Windows Server Update Services
- NEW! Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Workgroup Edition
- Microsoft Internet and Security Acceleration (ISA) Server 2004
- Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003
- Windows SBS 2003 R2 CAL document (this product ships with CALs which can be assigned to either a Device or a User)
- Getting Started Guide
- Quick Start poster
- Windows SBS 2003 R2 installation discs -- 4 CD and 1 DVD
- R2 Technologies disc -- 1 CD
- Outlook 2003 Standard -- 1 CD
- Premium Technologies discs -- 2 CD (Premium Edition only)
- FrontPage 2003 disc -- 1 CD (Premium Edition only)
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 Server, 5 Users|
|Min CPU||750 MHz (Intel Pentium/Celeron or the AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family or have a compatible processor)|
|Min HDD||16 GB|
|Min RAM||512 MB (1 GB recommended - 4 GB max)|
|Min Screen Requirements||800x600|
|Peripheral Devices||CD- or DVD-ROM drive|
- Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 supports a maximum of 75 users or devices.
- The computer running Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 should be in
the Intel Pentium/Celeron family or the AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family or have a
- Note: A single hyper threading processor counts as one CPU.
- Note: A dual-core processor counts as one CPU.
- Both editions support up to two CPUs on one server.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.