Microsoft Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade (Starter to Home Premium)
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Type: Retail Boxed, Upgrade Edition
- MPN: 4WC-00040
- Stock Code: 015772
- More: Microsoft Windows 7
- Availability: Call For Availability
If you want more features than you currently have in your existing edition of Windows 7, you can upgrade to another edition using Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade. Upgrades from Windows 7 Starter edition to Windows 7 Home Premium.
Windows Anytime Upgrade
No disks, no delays. And no leaving the house: With Windows Anytime Upgrade, you can upgrade to a more advanced edition of Windows 7 in as little as 10 minutes. That way, you get to take advantage of extra features while keeping your current programs, files, and settings intact.
In the past, upgrading Windows could be a bit of a hassle. In Windows 7, the software you need comes preinstalled. All you have to do is purchase an upgrade key from Microsoft or another authorized retailer to unlock those shiny new features.
- Get more now. Move up to Windows 7 Home Premium.
A small notebook PC running Windows 7 Home Premium is even easier to use. The new taskbar and advanced navigation features make launching programs, opening files, managing windows, and getting around your PC faster and easier. Personalize your PC to be just the way you want it with helpful gadgets and desktop themes--even turn your desktop into a slideshow of your favorite photos. And you get the best entertainment experience on a PC. With Windows Media Center you can watch shows for free when and where you want with Internet TV.*
- Simplifies everyday tasks Improved desktop navigation features like Snap, Peek and Shake, make it easier to manage all of your open windows.
- Works the way you want
Designed to make your PC sleep and resume quicker.Takes full advantage of the power and multi-tasking capabilities of the latest 64-bit PCs.
- Makes new things possible Watch, pause, rewind and record TV with Windows Media Center.
Creating a home network has never been easier. You can even share files and printers with all the PCs with Windows 7 on the network.
Find virtually anything on your PC--from documents to songs to email--just by typing a word or two with Windows Search.
Includes integrated video and Dolby audio codecs.
Windows 7 Home Premium. The best entertainment experience on your PC.
Windows 7 Home Premium makes it easy to create a home network and share all of your favorite photos, videos, and music. You can even watch, pause, rewind, and record TV. Get the best entertainment experience with Windows 7 Home Premium.
Easiest Windows to use ever
- Simplify your PC with new navigation features like Aero Shake, Jump Lists, and Snap.
- Customize Windows to look and feel the way you like by changing themes and taskbar programs.
- Setting up a home network and connecting to printers and devices is easier than ever.
- Windows 7 Home Premium supports the latest hardware and software.
- Designed to make your PC sleep and resume quicker.
- Takes full advantage of 64-bit PC hardware and memory.
- Connecting to wireless networks is fast and easy.
Best PC entertainment experience
- Watch, pause, rewind, and record TV with Windows Media Center.
- Blu-ray read/write support for data files.
- Includes integrated video and Dolby audio codecs.
SIMPLIFIES EVERYDAY TASKS
SIMPLE TO USE
Manage lots of open programs, documents, and browser windows easily with thumbnail and full-screen previews of open windows.
Open files and get around your PC faster with the improved taskbar. You can easily pin programs you use often to the taskbar and launch them in just one click.
- Jump Lists
Open files you use regularly in just two clicks with Jump Lists on the improved taskbar.
Windows 7 has simple new ways to manage open windows. For example, with Snap you can arrange two windows side-by-side just by dragging them to opposite sides of your screen.
- Peek and Shake
Windows 7 lets you peek behind open windows to get a quick look at your desktop.
- Windows Search
Instantly locate and open virtually any file on your PC, from documents to emails to songs, right from the Start menu, with Windows Search.
EASY TO CONNECT
- Wireless setup
With Windows 7, setting up wireless connections is easier with consistent, one-click connections to available networks, whether those networks are based on Wi-Fi, mobile broadband, dial-up, or corporate VPN.
Connect Windows 7 PCs on a home network in just four clicks and easily get to the photos, music, and files on each one--even share printers--with HomeGroup.
EASY TO BROWSE THE WEB
- Internet Explorer 8
Visual search helps you quickly find the information you want by adding visual cues and previews to search results from top search providers including Live Search, Wikipedia, Yahoo, Amazon, and others. Use Web slices to conveniently keep up with changes on frequently updated websites, like eBay auctions or traffic sites, directly from the IE8 toolbar.
EASY TO COMMUNICATE AND SHARE
- Windows Live Photo Gallery
Windows Live Photo Gallery makes share your photos to your favorite photo site easy.
- Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail makes managing multiple email accounts easy.
- Windows Live Family Safety
Keep your child safe by managing what sites they can visit and who they can send/receive emails and im communications from.
Note: Windows Live components need to be downloaded separately.
WORKS THE WAY YOU WANT
FASTER AND MORE RELIABLE
- Resume from sleep
We designed Windows 7 to help PCs sleep and resume from sleep more quickly by improving the way Windows 7 manages drivers, programs, and power.
- Faster and more reliable
We reduced the amount of memory your PC needs for open windows and to execute commands to help it be more responsive to commands.
- Fewer clicks and less interruptions
MAKES NEW THINGS POSSIBLE
Media on your terms
- Windows Media Center
Turn your PC into a TV with Windows Media Center. Windows Media Center. Watch shows for free when and where you want with Internet TV.
- DirectX 11
DirectX 11 technology delivers breathtaking game graphics so real, it's unreal.
New ways to engage
- Windows Touch
Windows Touch makes PCs with touch screens easier and more intuitive to use.
- Media on your terms
- Windows Media Player
More and more consumer electronics, from TVs to digital photo frames, can be connected to home networks. With Play To in Windows 7, you'll be able to easily send music, photos, videos from your PC to a networked device throughout your home.You can enjoy the photos, music, and videos on your home PC when you're away from home with remote media streaming.
- Location Aware Printing
Windows 7 will automatically pick the right printer for you when you move from home to work networks.
WORK ANYWHERE WITH LESS EFFORT.
- Instantly locate virtually any file, email, or document on your PC just by typing a word or two.
- Get around your PC faster with the improved taskbar.
- Open programs you use regularly in one click and files you use regularly in just two.
- Manage lots of open programs, documents, and browser windows easily with thumbnail and full-screen previews of open windows.
- Manage multiple email accounts, including Hotmail, Gmail, AOL, and Yahoo! Mail Plus, all in one place with one simple program.
- Get to the files, photos, and music on any PC with Windows 7 in the house from any other.
- Print to any printer in the house from any PC with Windows 7 in the house.
Safeguard your hard work.
- Windows Internet Explorer 8 helps keep your PC safer from malware and you safer from fraudulent websites designed to fool you into divulging private information.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Upgrade Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Min CPU||1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor|
|Min HDD||16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)|
|Min RAM||1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver|
Windows 7 system requirementsIf you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Internet access (fees may apply)
- Depending on resolution, video playback may require additional memory and advanced graphics hardware
- For some Windows Media Center functionality a TV tuner and additional hardware may be required
- Windows Touch and Tablet PCs require specific hardware
- HomeGroup requires a network and PCs running Windows 7
- DVD/CD authoring requires a compatible optical drive
- BitLocker requires Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2
- BitLocker To Go requires a USB flash drive
- Windows XP Mode requires an additional 1 GB of RAM, an additional 15 GB of available hard disk space, and a processor capable of hardware virtualization with Intel VT or AMD-V turned on
- Music and sound require audio output
Note: Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require advanced or additional hardware.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.