Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server 25 Cals
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: C10-00010
- Stock Code: 012063
- More: Microsoft Windows 2000
- Availability: SOLD OUT
The Windows 2000 Server family includes Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, and Windows 2000 Datacenter Server. Windows 2000 Advanced Server is the successor to the proven enterprise-class operating system, Windows NT Server 4.0, Enterprise Edition. Windows 2000 Advanced Server provides enhanced scalability and availability with two-node application failover clustering, 32-node network load balancing, support for eight-way symmetrical multiprocessing (SMP), and support for up to 8 GB of memory with Intel physical address extensions (PAE).
Building on the integrated set of technologies in Windows 2000 Server, Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server provides advanced symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) support, clustering, and load-balancing technologiesÂso you can run more demanding e-commerce and line-of-business applications.
- Internet-enable your business: Scale out using Network Load Balancing to distribute incoming traffic across server farms when running busy Web servers, Terminal Services, e-commerce, and VPN solutions; Scale up by utlizing the latest server hardware for up to 8-way SMP and up to 8 GB of RAM; integrated Internet services power reliable, high-performance Web sites and applications so they can use the full potential of the Internet.
- Increased reliability: Two-node, high-availability clustering ensures critical applications are up and running on demand; Network Load Balancing re-distributes Web workload away from failed servers; improved kernel architecture provides design enhancements to increase system uptime; rolling upgrade support to reduce planned downtime for maintenance or upgrades, including upgrades from Windows NT 4.0 clusters.
- Easier to use and manage: Manage clusters remotely with both the Cluster Administrator and NLB scriptable command line interface from any networked Windows 2000 system; Access and manage Cluster Service clusters as Active DIrectory objects.
- Best for new devices: Take advantage of the latest server hardware, including up to 8-way SMP using Intel's Profusion chipset and architecture, and up to 8 GB RAM with Intel's Physical Address Extension (PAE).
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 Server, 25 Users|
|Min CPU||133 MHz Pentium or faster processor (a maximum of 8 CPUs per computer are supported)|
|Min HDD||1 GB|
|Min RAM||256 MB (128 MB minimum; 8 GB maximum)|
|Min Screen Requirements||640x480|
|Peripheral Devices||CD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard;|
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.