Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate (with MSDN Renewal)
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate is the comprehensive suite of application lifecycle management tools for teams to ensure quality results, from design to deployment. Whether you're creating new solutions or enhancing existing applications, Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate lets you bring your vision to life targeting an increasing number of platforms and technologies--including cloud and parallel computing.
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate with MSDN is the most comprehensive offering for developers. Besides all of the features contained in Visual Studio 2010 Professional with MSDN and Visual Studio 2010 Premium with MSDN, Ultimate with MSDN includes additional hours of Azure compute time, non Visual Studio access to Team Foundation Server through Teamprise, and Test and Lab Manager software.
- Customize your workspace-Writing application code often requires having numerous designers and editors open at once. Visual Studio 2010 Professional helps you organize your digital environment with support for multi-monitor, which makes it easier to manage the way you work.
- Create collaboration solutions on SharePoint-Bring customized collaboration tools to your company by taking advantage of new support for SharePoint development, including tooling for Web parts, lists, workflows, events, and more.
- Build applications in Windows 7-Visual Studio 2010 Professional comes with built-in tools for Windows 7 development, including multi-touch and "ribbon" UI components that put you at the forefront of Windows 7 technology.
- Easily create RIA and WPF applications-New drag-and-drop data binding in Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Silverlight designers make building Windows and Rich Internet Applications (RIA) easy and fast, for both designers and developers.
- Simplify Web application deployment-Move your Web applications into a production environment with a single click. Visual Studio 2010 Professional transfers your code, Internet Information Server (IIS) settings, and database schema to your target server.
Top Ten Reasons to Have Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate:
- IntelliTraceTM Eliminates 'No Repro'--Easily step through code that was previously executed on the same or another machine in order to identify what happened during the code execution and significantly cut down on time spent reproducing a bug.
- Understand Existing Architectures--The Architecture Explorer and UML sequence diagrams help you explore and understand your existing code assets and their inter-dependencies.
- Ensure Architectural Compliance--Use layer diagraming to define and communicate logical application architecture and optionally enforce architecture rules with check-in policies as code is created.
- Profile Application Performance--Measure the performance of your applications and locate performance bottlenecks in CPU utilisation, memory consumption, database interactions, Jscript/Ajax call patterns and concurrency synchronisation. Use the performance profiler in conjunction with Load Testing to identify performance bottlenecks under stress and load.
- Discover Common Coding Errors--Code Analysis is now simple to configure with customisable rule sets that can be targeted at specific scenarios or areas of emphasis. Enforce rule sets with the code analysis check-in policy to reduce common coding errors in application or database code before they get into production.
- Prototype User Interface Ideas Quickly--By using SketchFlow in Expression Studio you can quickly deliver a functioning prototype that looks and feels like handwritten mockups.
- Build Collaboration Solutions on Microsoft SharePoint--New support for SharePoint development, including tooling for Web Parts, Lists, Workflows, and Events and more, so you can bring great new customised collaboration tools to your company.
- Automate User Interface Testing--Use Coded User Interface Tests to automate the testing of UI elements in your applications. Visual Studio 2010 automatically generates test code that can be executed manually or incorporated as part of your build process to automate UI regression testing.
- Create, Manage and Execute Tests--Test and Lab Manager lets you easily define your testing effort for a specific iteration in your project, run manual tests and measure your progress. In addition to creating and managing test assets like plans, suites and test cases you can also create and manage virtual lab configurations for your test environments.
- MSDN Subscription--MSDN Subscriptions are a convenient way to cost-effectively develop applications on the Microsoft platform with a simple licensing model and broad high quality information resources.
Eliminate 'no repro' with IntelliTrace: The new IntelliTrace feature makes the "no-repro" discussion a thing of the past. Testers can file rich and actionable bugs with system information, and even include an environment snapshot. That way developers can reproduce the reported bug in the state it was found.
Understand existing architecture: The Architecture Explorer helps you understand and unleash the value of your existing code assets and their inter-dependencies. You can produce detailed models of exactly how an application is constructed and even drill-down into specific areas for a deeper understanding.
Ensure architectural compliance: Use the new layer diagram to define and communicate logical application architecture and to validate code artifacts against the required architecture. Layer diagrams help your development efforts stay on track so your application conforms to your original vision.
Embrace Manual Testing: Visual Studio Test Professional 2010, part of Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate, provides you with a single tool to capture and update test requirements, automate navigation of manual tests, and speed up the fix and accept cycle by capturing the entire test context. This provides developers with everything they need to ensure that every error is reproducible.Be proactive about agile project management: Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate is optimized for today's iterative development process with features that help you remain productive and react to potential risks before they happen. You can monitor the health of your project using reports that are automatically generated. Plus manage your project's capacity with historical data and Microsoft Excel-based planning documents.
VISUAL STUDIO 2010 ULTIMATE FEATURES
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate comes packed with powerful tools that simplify the entire application development process from start to finish. Teams can realize increased productivity and cost savings by utilizing advanced collaboration features as well as integrated testing and debugging tools that help ensure that you deliver high-quality code every time.
Share your vision and build on the creative strengths of your team. Powerful prototyping, editing and visual design tools allow you to create what you can imagine. Spend less time debugging and more time creating code thanks to advanced code analysis and debugging tools. Explore new opportunities for your applications by unlocking the power of the processor on your local machine and in the cloud.
Simplicity Through Integration- Simple and seamless, this integrated environment lets developers use existing skills to model, code, debug, test, and deploy a growing number of application types. Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate simplifies common tasks and helps all team members explore the depth of the platform and partner community.
Quality Code Ensured- Powerful tools for managing projects, maintaining source code and finding and fixing bugs. Both testers and developers can use manual and automated testing coupled with advanced debugging tools to ensure they are building the right application, the right way.
Reliably Reproduce Issues-IntelliTraceTM makes the "no-repro" discussion a thing of the past. Testers can file rich and actionable bugs with system information including an environment snapshot that enables developers to reproduce the reported bug in the state it was found.
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)-Building successful applications requires a smooth-running process that benefits all team participants. The integrated ALM tools in Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate help organizations collaborate and communicate effectively at every level and gain visibility into real project status, thus ensuring the delivery of high-quality solutions while driving down costs.
- Debugging and Diagnostics-Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate introduces IntelliTrace, a valuable debugging feature that makes the "no repro" discussion a thing of the past. Testers can file rich, actionable bugs so developers can always reproduce the reported bug in the state it was found. Other features include static code analysis, code metrics, and profiling.
- Testing Tools-Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate comes loaded with all of our advanced testing tools to help ensure the delivery of quality code every time. Take advantage of coded UI tests, which automate the testing of user interfaces in Web and Windows-based applications, as well as manual testing, Test Professional, Web performance testing, load testing, code coverage, and other comprehensive features not found in other Visual Studio editions.
- Architecture and Modeling-The Architecture Explorer in Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate helps you understand your existing code assets and their interdependencies. Layer diagramming helps ensure architectural compliance and allows you to validate code artifacts against the diagram. Plus Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate supports the five most common UML diagrams that live alongside your code.
- Database Development-Database development requires the same care and attention as application development. Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate recognizes this, and provides robust deployment and change-management tools that help ensure that your database and application are always in sync.
- Integrated Development Environment-Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate puts you in the driver's seat. Take advantage of customizable features like support for multi-monitor so you can organize and manage your work however you want. You can also unleash your creativity by utilizing visual designers to leverage the latest platforms, including Windows 7.
- Development Platform Support-Whether you're creating new solutions or enhancing existing applications, Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate lets you bring your vision to life on a wide range of platforms including Windows, Windows Server, Web, Cloud, Office and SharePoint, and more, all in a single IDE.
- Team Foundation Server-Team Foundation Server (TFS) is the collaboration platform at the core of Microsoft's application lifecycle management solution. TFS automates and streamlines the software delivery process, as well as provides full traceability and real-time visibility into project status, for all team members, with powerful reporting tools and dashboards.
- Lab Management-Delivering high-quality applications requires thorough testing of application code. When combined with Visual Studio Lab Management 2010, Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate offers a full suite of management tools, including Test Manager 2010, plus provisioning an environment from a template, virtual environment setup and teardown, and checkpoint environments. (Visual Studio Lab Management 2010 must be purchased separately.)
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package--Not to Latam|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Windows XP with Service Pack 3, Windows XP with Service Pack 2, Windows 7,Windows Vista with Service Pack 1,Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2,Windows Server 2003 R2,Windows Server 2008 with Service Pack 2,Windows Server 2008 R2|
|Min CPU||1.6 GHz or faster processor|
|Min HDD||3 GB|
|Min RAM||1 GB|
|Min Screen Requirements||1280x1024 or higher resolution display|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTSSoftware Requirements
Visual Studio 2010 can be installed on the following operating systems:
- Windows XP (x86) with Service Pack 3—all editions except Starter Edition
- Windows XP (x64) with Service Pack 2—all editions except Starter Edition
- Windows Vista (x86 & x64) with Service Pack 1—all editions except Starter Edition
- Windows 7 (x86 and x64)
- Windows Server 2003 (x86 & x64) with Service Pack 2—all editions
- Users will need to install MSXML6 if not already present
- Windows Server 2003 R2 (x86 and x64)—all editions
- Windows Server 2008 (x86 and x64) with Service Pack 2—all editions
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)—all editions
- 32-Bit (x86)
- 64-Bit (x64)
- Computer that has a 1.6GHz or faster processor
- 1024MB RAM
- 3GB of available hard disk space
- 5400 RPM hard disk drive
- DirectX 9-capable video card that runs at 1280 x 1024 or higher display resolution
- DVD-ROM Drive
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.