Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Team System Test Edition (with MSDN Premium Renewal)
Visual Studio Team System 2008 Test Edition provides a comprehensive suite of testing tools for Web applications and services that are integrated into the Visual Studio environment. These testing tools enable testers to author, execute, and manage tests and related work items -- all from within Visual Studio.
Visual Studio Team System 2008 Test Edition is an easy-to-use yet comprehensive testing technology that enables testers to ensure the performance and quality of applications while reducing the complexity of the testing process, increasing team productivity, and improving team collaboration. Web testing tools enable you to record repeatable tests and generate code automatically to reduce time to create, execute, and maintain tests. Your team can optimize application performance and leverage knowledge of server behavior built into the performance tools. Using Team Foundation Server, testers can better collaborate with the rest of the team and integrate quality throughout the software development process.
- Perform more accurate evaluations - Create more comprehensive test validation rules and bind to additional data sources for more accurate, real-world application evaluation using enhanced Web tests.
- Improve load-test management - Open or remove existing load-test results from the load-test repository. Share imported and exported results files with other users.
- Understand application performance - Gain insight into application performance by viewing summary load-test reports with a new load-test analyzer.
- Comprehensive Web testing tools for Web Services, HTTP, XML, and ASP.NET applications
- Load testing to simulate production loads and diagnose performance issues in labs and pre-production environments
- Code coverage to measure the effectiveness of your tests
- Integrated defect and test list management *
WHAT'S NEW IN 2008:
Web and load test improvements, including:
- Web Test Validation Rule Improvements: Enable testers to create more comprehensive validation rules for the application being tested.
- Better Web Test Data Binding: Bind.CSV and XML data files, as well as databases to a Web test using a simple databinding wizard.
- Improved Load Test Results Management: Open or remove an existing load test result from the load-test repository.
- Load test summary report support: Multiple machine graphs are supported in the Load Test Analyzer.
- Load Modeling: More closely simulate real-world usage of your Web applications with the new load modeling tools.
- Continuous Integration - Visual Studio Team System comes out of the box with easy-to-use CI features integrated into the system, including Multithread - Build, Queue Management, Drop Management
- Improved reliability, performance, scalability, and security - Work item throughput has doubled. Large organizations can support more work item tracking users on their existing servers. Visual Studio Team Foundation Server is much more reliable and less likely to cause delays or other problems. It is now possible to require a secure connection to Team Build.
- New Version Control features - New functionalities including Folder Diff, Annotate, Destroy, Get Latest on Checkout
- Control Load Modeling - Create load test that more accurately model real-world usage of an application or Web site
- Code Metrics - Monitor and find maintainability issues and error-prone code in your code base
- Code analysis improvement - 20+ new rules, code analysis policy improvements, new T-SQL code analysis
- Find performance bottlenecks - Hot Path, report noise reduction, compare baseline reports, line-level sampling, WPF support, 64-bit support
- Design application systems using a top-down approach - Design application systems by starting with System Designer
- Web Access - A Web interface for Team Foundation Server that allows managing work items, shared documents, reports and source control
- Migration is made easy - Migration tools are integrated to move from Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server to Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server and to facilitate migration from other source control systems
* Requires Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Foundation Server.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows Server 2003 / XP Professional / Vista|
|Min CPU||2.0-GHz CPU (2.6-GHz CPU Recommended)|
|Min HDD||8 GB (20 GB Recommended)|
|Min RAM||512 MB (1 GB recommended)|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later|
|Bundled Support||MSDN Premium Subscription Renewal|
- Windows XP Professional SP2, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Vista (32 -Bit)
- Windows Server 2003 Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter x64 Edition SP1(WOW)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter x64 Edition (WOW)
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (WOW)
- Windows Vista
- 2.0-GHz CPU (2.6-GHz CPU Recommended)
- 512 MB (1 GB Recommended)
- 8 GB (20 GB Recommended)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 with SP1, Microsoft Office 2003 with SP1 or
- Microsoft Office 2007 system, MDAC 9.0, the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.