Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Team System Team Suite (with MSDN Premium)
Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite provides multidisciplined team members with an integrated set of tools for architecture, design, development, database development, and testing of applications. Team members can continuously collaborate and utilize a complete set of tools and guidance at every step of the application lifecycle.
Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite provides team members with the tools they need to overcome today's software challenges and drive software quality, project visibility, and team collaboration. By giving all team members access to the full functionality of Visual Studio Team System, Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite supports multi-disciplinary team members making contributions throughout the architecture, design, coding, database development, and testing phases.
- Take control of database changes - Improve control over changes to your databases with the version and refactoring support of Database Edition, now integrated with Team Suite.
- Build better-quality applications - Increase application quality using integrated database unit tests, moremeaningful test data generation, and code correctness tools.
- Streamline the development process - Manage your development -- delivering the right solutions on time and on budget -- using integrated process management and collaboration tools.
Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite integrates all the functions of the Microsoft Visual Studio Team Edition products to provide:
- Powerful visual designers for service-oriented solution modeling
- A complete set of quality tools for static analysis, code metrics, unit testing and code coverage, Web testing, and database testing
- Performance tools to identify issues and optimize your code
- Database development tools, including Schema Compare, to reduce risks associated with database schema changes, streamline changes, and take control of your database
WHAT'S NEW IN 2008:
- Database development: Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Database Edition and related MSF process guidance is fully integrated into Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite.
- Development and test integration: Run profiling during load and test procedures for a system to see how it behaves, and use integrated tools to profile, debug, and tune.
- Continuous Integration - Visual Studio Team System comes out of the box with easy-to-use CI features integrated into the system, including Multithread - Build, Queue Management, Drop Management
- Improved reliability, performance, scalability, and security - Work item throughput has doubled. Large organizations can support more work item tracking users on their existing servers. Visual Studio Team Foundation Server is much more reliable and less likely to cause delays or other problems. It is now possible to require a secure connection to Team Build.
- New Version Control features - New functionalities including Folder Diff, Annotate, Destroy, Get Latest on Checkout
- Control Load Modeling - Create load test that more accurately model real-world usage of an application or Web site
- Code Metrics - Monitor and find maintainability issues and error-prone code in your code base
- Code analysis improvement - 20+ new rules, code analysis policy improvements, new T-SQL code analysis
- Find performance bottlenecks - Hot Path, report noise reduction, compare baseline reports, line-level sampling, WPF support, 64-bit support
- Design application systems using a top-down approach - Design application systems by starting with System Designer
- Web Access - A Web interface for Team Foundation Server that allows managing work items, shared documents, reports and source control
- Migration is made easy - Migration tools are integrated to move from Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server to Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server and to facilitate migration from other source control systems
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows Server 2003 / XP Professional / Vista|
|Min CPU||2.0-GHz CPU (2.6-GHz CPU Recommended)|
|Min HDD||8 GB (20 GB Recommended)|
|Min RAM||512 MB (1 GB Recommended)|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later|
|Bundled Support||MSDN Premium Subscriptions|
- Windows XP Professional SP2, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Vista (32 -Bit)
- Windows Server 2003 Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter x64 Edition SP1(WOW)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter x64 Edition (WOW)
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (WOW)
- Windows Vista
- 2.0-GHz CPU (2.6-GHz CPU Recommended)
- 512 MB (1 GB Recommended)
- 8 GB (20 GB Recommended)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 with SP1, Microsoft Office 2003 with SP1 or
- Microsoft Office 2007 system, MDAC 9.0, the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.