Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Team System Team Foundation Server Additional License for Clients
Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Foundation Server is an integrated collaboration server for Visual Studio Team System. It combines team portal, version control, work item tracking, build management, process guidance and business intelligence into a unified server. It allows everyone on the team to collaborate more effectively and deliver better quality software.
Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Foundation Server (TFS) helps your software development teams work better together while being more effective delivering solutions aligned with your business needs. Teams are empowered to do great work with services for version control, build, work item tracking, planning, and reporting integrated into a single, secure collaboration platform. Projects managed in Team Foundation Server benefit from integrated process workflows and guidance -- both custom-defined and industry-recognized best-practices -- to ensure predictable, successful results. Team Foundation Server was designed from the ground-up for performance and reliability, maximum customization and partner-integration, and minimal administrative overhead by leveraging existing technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server, Windows SharePoint Services and Internet Information Server.
- Gain better predictability and quality - Enable team members to continuously integrate and improve their work by automating builds, executing tests, and providing real-time performance and quality metric reporting throughout the development life cycle.
- Take control of your code - Take greater control of your code by getting the latest version on checkout, comparing branches, annotating code, and tracking your workspaces.
- Simplify administration, operations, and setup - Simplify project management across your organization through integrated Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007, easier setup, and support for more users.
- Version Control to manage change to project artifacts
- Work Item Tracking to communicate and manage work across the team
- Team Build to regularly integrate your team's work together
- Reporting and business intelligence on project status, performance, and quality metrics
- Customizable Process Templates to define your development process
- Integration with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project for project management
- Team Portal for team collaboration
WHAT'S NEW IN 2008:
- Support for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 on any server and any port
- Support for Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008
- Improved performance, scalability, and security
- Easier installation and migration from other legacy systems
- Support for additional configurations including clusters, mirrors, virtual machines and more
- Continuous integration and scheduled builds
- New version control features
- Query builder usability improvements
- Web Access to provide access over the Web for version control, work item tracking, status reports, and other team artifacts
- Continuous Integration - Visual Studio Team System comes out of the box with easy-to-use CI features integrated into the system, including Multithread - Build, Queue Management, Drop Management
- Improved reliability, performance, scalability, and security - Work item throughput has doubled. Large organizations can support more work item tracking users on their existing servers. Visual Studio Team Foundation Server is much more reliable and less likely to cause delays or other problems. It is now possible to require a secure connection to Team Build.
- New Version Control features - New functionalities including Folder Diff, Annotate, Destroy, Get Latest on Checkout
- Control Load Modeling - Create load test that more accurately model real-world usage of an application or Web site
- Code Metrics - Monitor and find maintainability issues and error-prone code in your code base
- Code analysis improvement - 20+ new rules, code analysis policy improvements, new T-SQL code analysis
- Find performance bottlenecks - Hot Path, report noise reduction, compare baseline reports, line-level sampling, WPF support, 64-bit support
- Design application systems using a top-down approach - Design application systems by starting with System Designer
- Web Access - A Web interface for Team Foundation Server that allows managing work items, shared documents, reports and source control
- Migration is made easy - Migration tools are integrated to move from Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server to Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server and to facilitate migration from other source control systems
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User CAL|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows Server 2003 / XP Professional / Vista|
|Min CPU||2.0 -GHz CPU (2.6-GHz CPU Recommended)|
|Min HDD||8 GB (20 GB Recommended)|
|Min RAM||512 MB (1 GB recommended)|
|Peripheral Devices||CD- or DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later|
- Windows XP Professional SP2, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Vista (32 -Bit)
- Windows Server 2003 Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter x64 Edition SP1(WOW)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter x64 Edition (WOW)
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (WOW)
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008
- 2.6-GHz CPU (2.6-GHz CPU Recommended)
- 512 MB (1 GB Recommended)
- 8 GB (20 GB Recommended)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 with SP1, Microsoft Office 2003 with SP1 or
- Microsoft Office 2007 system, MDAC 9.0, the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
- Team Foundation Server Proxy does not support 64-bit operating systems.
The server that is running Team Foundation Server should have a reliable network connection with a minimum bandwidth of 1 Mbps and a latency maximum of 350ms.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.