Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Team System Development Edition (with MSDN Premium)
Visual Studio Team System 2008 Development Edition provides developers with an advanced set of tools to identify inefficient, insecure, or poor-quality code, specify coding best practices, and automate software unit testing. These tools help team members write better-quality code, reduce security-related issues, and avoid bugs later in the development lifecycle.
Visual Studio Team System 2008 Development Edition helps identify inefficient, insecure, and poor-quality code. It automates software unit testing and, with Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Foundation Server, automates compliance with coding best practices. These tools help everyone on the team write better code, mitigate security risks, and deliver customer value in less time.
- Identify the cause of failure - Immediately determine the cause of failed check-ins and obtain guidance fora ddressing the problems using new code correctness policies.
- Address poor performance at the source - Discover the source of poor application performance and use integrated application profiling and tuning tools to diagnose, debug, and fix errors.
- Automatically identify - Use the hotpath finder to automatically navigate to the code paths that are causing performance problems and gain guidance on how to fix and improve the efficiency of your code.
- Static Code Analysis to improve code quality and security
- New Code Metrics to identify error-prone code
- Code Profiler to measure code performance and find performance bottlenecks
- Unit testing with code coverage to test code early and often and measure the effectiveness of your tests
- Check-in policies to ensure coding best practices
WHAT'S NEW IN 2008:
- Code Metrics: Identify complex and error-prone code.
- Custom code correctness policies: Communicate to a developer why the check-in policies failed and to provide guidance on how to pass the policy requirements.
- Hotpathing: Discover code paths that account for performance issues Performance baseline comparison: Compare performance baseline reports to identify the source of performance regressions.
- Code Analysis rules: Code Analysis is more accurate with new and improved rules.
- Continuous Integration - Visual Studio Team System comes out of the box with easy-to-use CI features integrated into the system, including Multithread - Build, Queue Management, Drop Management
- Improved reliability, performance, scalability, and security - Work item throughput has doubled. Large organizations can support more work item tracking users on their existing servers. Visual Studio Team Foundation Server is much more reliable and less likely to cause delays or other problems. It is now possible to require a secure connection to Team Build.
- New Version Control features - New functionalities including Folder Diff, Annotate, Destroy, Get Latest on Checkout
- Control Load Modeling - Create load test that more accurately model real-world usage of an application or Web site
- Code Metrics - Monitor and find maintainability issues and error-prone code in your code base
- Code analysis improvement - 20+ new rules, code analysis policy improvements, new T-SQL code analysis
- Find performance bottlenecks - Hot Path, report noise reduction, compare baseline reports, line-level sampling, WPF support, 64-bit support
- Design application systems using a top-down approach - Design application systems by starting with System Designer
- Web Access - A Web interface for Team Foundation Server that allows managing work items, shared documents, reports and source control
- Migration is made easy - Migration tools are integrated to move from Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server to Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server and to facilitate migration from other source control systems
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows Server 2003 / XP Professional / Vista|
|Min CPU||2.0-GHz CPU (2.6-GHz CPU Recommended)|
|Min HDD||8 GB (20 GB Recommended)|
|Min RAM||512 MB (1 GB recommended)|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later|
|Bundled Support||MSDN Premium Subscriptions|
- Windows XP Professional SP2, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Vista (32 -Bit)
- Windows Server 2003 Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter x64 Edition SP1(WOW)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter x64 Edition (WOW)
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (WOW)
- Windows Vista
- 2.0-GHz CPU (2.6-GHz CPU Recommended)
- 512 MB (1 GB Recommended)
- 8 GB (20 GB Recommended)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 with SP1, Microsoft Office 2003 with SP1 or
- Microsoft Office 2007 system, MDAC 9.0, the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.