Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Team System Database Edition (with MSDN Premium)
Visual Studio Team System 2008 Database Edition provides advanced tools for database change management and testing and offers functionality to enable database developers and administrators to be more productive and increase application quality in the database tier.
Visual Studio Team System 2008 Database Edition delivers a market shifting database development product that provides a foundation for managed database evolution through the use of an offline, Visual Studio project-centered source code control system together with a suite of tools designed to help understand the impact of proposed changes. Schemas, DML and metadata can be versioned, code can be automatically reviewed using static analysis, unit tests can be created and executed to ensure quality, and comparisons can be made with test and production systems prior to deployment. Integration with Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Foundation Server helps increase the productivity of the database professionals by enabling them to become an integral part of the application team.
- Simplify database development - Simplify your database development with more comprehensive support for database refactoring.
- Gain insight into T-SQL code - Gain greater insight into your T-SQL code with enhancements that enable you to see dependencies, expand wildcards, and perform in-depth code analysis.
- Extend the Schema View - Customize and extend the Schema View with new, enhanced extensibility application programming interfaces.
- Rename refactoring support for database objects
- Schema Compare to keep two schema versions synchronized
- Data Compare to keep the data in two databases synchronized
- Offline database projects for change isolation
- Extensible unit test functionality
- Data Generator to define sets of repeatable test data
- New designer enables users to create T-SQL with the same fidelity as managed code
WHAT'S NEW IN 2008:
- T-SQL Static Code Analysis: Automatically review T-SQL code to help improve code quality and security.
- Dependency Tree: Visualize the dependencies (incoming/outgoing) for selected objects in a new tool window.
- Schema reporting: Easily document your database schema.
- Refactoring tools: Automatically update and generate new code for operations including moving schemas, expanding 'select*' SQL statements, and fully qualifying names in scripts.
- Data generator: Gain flexibility in generating data with new data generator and editors.
- Continuous Integration - Visual Studio Team System comes out of the box with easy-to-use CI features integrated into the system, including Multithread - Build, Queue Management, Drop Management
- Improved reliability, performance, scalability, and security - Work item throughput has doubled. Large organizations can support more work item tracking users on their existing servers. Visual Studio Team Foundation Server is much more reliable and less likely to cause delays or other problems. It is now possible to require a secure connection to Team Build.
- New Version Control features - New functionalities including Folder Diff, Annotate, Destroy, Get Latest on Checkout
- Control Load Modeling - Create load test that more accurately model real-world usage of an application or Web site
- Code Metrics - Monitor and find maintainability issues and error-prone code in your code base
- Code analysis improvement - 20+ new rules, code analysis policy improvements, new T-SQL code analysis
- Find performance bottlenecks - Hot Path, report noise reduction, compare baseline reports, line-level sampling, WPF support, 64-bit support
- Design application systems using a top-down approach - Design application systems by starting with System Designer
- Web Access - A Web interface for Team Foundation Server that allows managing work items, shared documents, reports and source control
- Migration is made easy - Migration tools are integrated to move from Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server to Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server and to facilitate migration from other source control systems
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows Server 2003 / XP Professional / Vista|
|Min CPU||2.0-GHz CPU (2.6-GHz CPU Recommended)|
|Min HDD||8 GB (20 GB Recommended)|
|Min RAM||512 MB (1 GB Recommended)|
|Min Screen Requirements||800x600|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later|
|Bundled Support||MSDN Premium Subscriptions|
- Windows XP Professional SP2, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Vista (32 -Bit)
- Windows Server 2003 Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter x64 Edition SP1(WOW)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter x64 Edition (WOW)
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (WOW)
- Windows Vista
- 2.0-GHz CPU (2.6-GHz CPU Recommended)
- 512 MB (1 GB Recommended)
- 8 GB (20 GB Recommended)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 with SP1, Microsoft Office 2003 with SP1 or
- Microsoft Office 2007 system, MDAC 9.0, the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.