Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Team System Architecture Edition (with MSDN Premium Renewal)
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: UEF-00025
- Stock Code: 014421
- More: Microsoft Visual Studio Team System
- Availability: UNAVAILABLE
Visual Studio Team System 2008 Architecture Edition focuses on improving the design and validation of distributed systems. It gives architects, operations managers, and developers the ability to visually construct service-oriented solutions and validate them against their operational environments prior to deployment.
Visual Studio Team System 2008 Architecture Edition is aimed at improving the design and validation of distributed systems, enabling organizations to lower the risk of deployment of enterprise-class distributed systems. Architecture Edition gives architects, operations managers, and developers the ability to increase the predictability of success by visually constructing service-oriented solutions that can be validated against their operational environments prior to deployment. By integrating tightly into the Visual Studio Team System, architects can communicate requirements efficiently to all members of the software development lifecycle.
- Refine your system designs - Use the Top-Down Service Designer to progressively improve your system designs and get a better view of your application architecture.
- Design for operations - Save time by building solutions that are immediately verified for your operational environment.
- Design with patterns - Introduce design elements that play predefined roles within an architectural pattern, such as Smart Client, Entity Service, Workflow Service, or Service Agent.
- Application Designer to visually define service-oriented applications and generate code
- System Designer to compose applications into systems or reusable subsystems and validate the resulting configurations
- Deployment Designer to validate application designs against a target datacenter and identify issues before deployment begins
- Logical Datacenter Designer to visualize the logical structure of datacenters, specify operational policies, and validate applications prior to deployment
WHAT'S NEW IN 2008:
- Top-down system design: Design business solutions before choosing technology.
- Conform to Web Services Description Language (WSDL): Update Web services to automatically conform to a WSDL contract Web Application Projects: Generate and maintain Web Application Projects just as you create Web sites using visual designers.
- Architectural Roles: Introduce elements that play specific predefined architectural roles within architectural patterns into the design.
- Continuous Integration - Visual Studio Team System comes out of the box with easy-to-use CI features integrated into the system, including Multithread - Build, Queue Management, Drop Management
- Improved reliability, performance, scalability, and security - Work item throughput has doubled. Large organizations can support more work item tracking users on their existing servers. Visual Studio Team Foundation Server is much more reliable and less likely to cause delays or other problems. It is now possible to require a secure connection to Team Build.
- New Version Control features - New functionalities including Folder Diff, Annotate, Destroy, Get Latest on Checkout
- Control Load Modeling - Create load test that more accurately model real-world usage of an application or Web site
- Code Metrics - Monitor and find maintainability issues and error-prone code in your code base
- Code analysis improvement - 20+ new rules, code analysis policy improvements, new T-SQL code analysis
- Find performance bottlenecks - Hot Path, report noise reduction, compare baseline reports, line-level sampling, WPF support, 64-bit support
- Design application systems using a top-down approach - Design application systems by starting with System Designer
- Web Access - A Web interface for Team Foundation Server that allows managing work items, shared documents, reports and source control
- Migration is made easy - Migration tools are integrated to move from Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server to Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server and to facilitate migration from other source control systems
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows Server 2003 / XP Professional / Vista|
|Min CPU||2.0-GHz CPU (2.6-GHz CPU Recommended)|
|Min HDD||8 GB (20 GB Recommended)|
|Min RAM||512 MB (1 GB recommended)|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later|
|Bundled Support||MSDN Premium Subscription Renewal|
- Windows XP Professional SP2, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Vista (32 -Bit)
- Windows Server 2003 Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter x64 Edition SP1(WOW)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter x64 Edition (WOW)
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (WOW)
- Windows Vista
- 2.0-GHz CPU (2.6-GHz CPU Recommended)
- 512 MB (1 GB Recommended)
- 8 GB (20 GB Recommended)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 with SP1, Microsoft Office 2003 with SP1 or
- Microsoft Office 2007 system, MDAC 9.0, the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.