Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Standard Upgrade
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Type: Retail Boxed, Upgrade Edition
- MPN: 127-00147
- Stock Code: 014407
- More: Microsoft Visual Studio
- Availability: SOLD OUT
Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition provides a full-featured development environment for Windows and Web developers. It offers productivity enhancements for building data-driven client and Web applications. Individual developers looking to create connected applications with next-generation user experiences will find Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition a perfect fit.
Today's developers face the challenge of targeting a broad range of platforms and crafting applications that quickly deliver value to the business. Integrated designers and language features in Visual Studio allow developers to build the connected applications demanded by today's businesses while taking advantage of the .NET Framework 3.5 to reduce development time.
- Design high-performance applications - Create and deploy compelling Windows and Web applications using new visual designers and more than 50 new controls.
- Unleash the power of your data - Connect to the data you need, regardless of its location, and build data driven applications using the Language Integrated Query (LINQ).
- Deliver a great design experience - Provide a better user experience for graphic designers by employing new design surfaces and file formats that are compatible with Microsoft Expression.
- Build applications for Windows, the Web, the Microsoft Office system, the .NET Framework, SQL Server, and Windows Mobile with integrated drag-and-drop designers
- Visual Studio integrates Visual Basic, Visual C#, and Visual C++ to support a wide variety of development styles
- Editor features such as Edit and Continue and Microsoft IntelliSense simplify the cycle of designing, developing, and debugging an application
- Deploy client applications easily with ClickOnce, which enables developers and IT Pros to deploy an application and its prerequisites and then ensure that the application remains up-to-date
- Build applications which target the .NET Framework, shortening development time by reducing the need for infrastructure code and helping to enhance application security
- Use ASP.NET to speed the creation of interactive, highly appealing Web applications and Web services. Master Pages allow developers to easily manage a consistent site layout in one place
- A community of millions of developers ensures that developers can find partners and other community members addressing the same challenges
WHAT'S NEW IN 2008:
- Build applications that utilize the latest Web technologies with improved support for AJAX and Web Controls and the Microsoft AJAX Library
- Create Web applications more easily with an improved design surface and standards support
- Utilize data from any data source more smoothly with LINQ, a set of language extensions to Visual Basic and Visual C#
- Manage and build applications that target multiple versions of the .NET Framework. For the first time, you can use one tool to work on applications that run on .NET Framework versions 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5
- Ensure application correctness more easily with integrated unit testing in Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition
- Discover the full power of the .NET Framework 3.5 with integrated tools which simplify building great user experiences and connected systems
- Build stunning user experiences with integrated designers for Windows Presentation Foundation. Experiences built with WPF can interoperate seamlessly with Windows Forms
- Create connected applications using new visual designers for Windows Communications Foundation and Windows Workflow Foundation
- Use Visual Studio's professional development environment to build Microsoft Office-based solutions that are reliable, scalable, and easy to maintain (available in Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition only)
- Enhance collaboration between developers and designers to create more compelling user experiences
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Upgrade Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows Server 2003 / Server 2003 R2 / Vista / XP|
|Min CPU||1.6 GHz or faster processor|
|Min HDD||2.2 GB|
|Min RAM||384 MB of RAM (768 MB of RAM or more for Windows Vista)|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024 x 768 or higher-resolution display|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||5400 RPM hard drive|
Requirements vary for different combinations of components within Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition.
To install Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition, you need:
- Computer with a 1.6 GHz or faster processor
- Visual Studio 2008 can be installed on the following operating systems:
- Windows Vista (x86 & x64) - all editions except Starter Edition
- Windows XP (x86 & x64) with Service Pack 2 or later - all editions except Starter Edition
- Windows Server 2003 (x86 & x64) with Service Pack 1 or later (all editions)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 (x86 and x64) or later (all editions)
- 384 MB of RAM or more (768 MB of RAM or more for Windows Vista)
- 2.2 GB of available hard-disk space
- 5400 RPM hard drive
- 1024 x 768 or higher-resolution display
- DVD-ROM Drive
- Additional features may require Internet access. Fees may apply.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.