Microsoft System Center Essentials 2007
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: UCH-00002
- Stock Code: 015322
- More: Microsoft System Center
- Availability: 0
Microsoft System Center Essentials 2007 is a new management solution in the System Center family of IT systems management products specifically designed for midsized businesses with up to 30 Servers and 500 Clients. Essentials 2007 provides a unified management solution that enables IT professionals in midsize organizations to proactively manage their IT environment with increased efficiency.KEY FEATURES:
- Simple Installation and setup
- Comprehensive Monitoring
- Update Management
- Software Deployment
- Integrated Reporting
- Software and Hardware Inventory
Essentials 2007 provides a single solution with a single console for managing your servers, clients, hardware, software, and IT services for a unified experience.
- Unified reporting based on the SQL Server 2005 reporting engine is provided to help you easily run, review, save, print or email information about the status of your IT environment.
- Expert knowledge is provided for managing your important platforms, applications and workloads. This knowledge includes support and diagnostic information for Server and Client operating systems, Active Directory, the Microsoft Office system, Exchange, SQL Server, and IIS.
- The user experience has been optimized so you can easily perform the broad set of tasks that IT administrators in midsize businesses need to do on a daily basis.
- Essentials 2007 provides comprehensive management from one console for servers, clients, hardware, software, and IT services running in your IT environment.
- Using the same console from which you monitor your IT environment, you can assess, configure and distribute updates, plus install software to groups and users you want to target.
- Single screen overview pages provide summary information, common tasks, alerts and reports, allowing you to quickly see all the aspects of management for your IT environment. From these pages, you can quickly drill down to get information to fix issues you might have.
Essentials 2007 enables you to proactively manage your IT environment, keeping your system up-to-date with tools that accelerate problem resolution and enable automation of system updates and data.
- Essentials 2007 can alert you to performance problems or when updates are required for your IT environment.
- Receive instant notification of IT problems via Email, pager, or SMS text message so you can quickly troubleshoot and keep your IT environment up and running.
- Solve problems using integrated troubleshooting and resolution for clients, servers and IT services running in your IT environment. You get definitive information right in the console that will help you prevent and solve problems with your IT resources. In-line links are also provided to click and 'fix it now'.
- Essentials 2007 provides a simple and powerful way to manually or automatically deploy updates for Microsoft operating systems, hardware updates, drivers, and software applications, both Microsoft and non-Microsoft, to help ensure the security of your network.
- Essentials 2007 automatically checks for new updates available and applicable to your IT environment and provides notification Proactive IT management designed for midsize businesses and access reports on update deployment progress to help you quickly troubleshoot any update deployment issues.
- Upon installation, Essentials 2007 allows you to immediately assess, configure and patch your IT environment without interrupting your users or network service.
- Essentials 2007 automates the collection of software and hardware inventory so you can review assets to help achieve optimum configuration and compliance.
System Center Essentials 2007 is easy to deploy and maintain helping simplify complex management tasks for increased efficiency.
- A simple wizard quickly walks you through the process of software deployment to clients and servers in your network. You can deploy MSI and non-MSI applications, drivers, Microsoft and non-Microsoft QFEs, even Office 2007. You can accurately target your software installations by grouping computers and defining command line configurations.
- You can add monitoring without being an expert by using provided templates. For example, using the provided wizard you can create monitoring for your website, a database or file share.
- Create custom monitoring policies by business unit, location, and/or job function to suit your IT environment.
- Using a simple installation wizard to install all System Center Essentials product components and prerequisites, you can get up and running quickly.
- There is no need to worry about configuring group policy, installing databases, or setting security.
- The initial discovery wizard allows you to easily identify and select the computers and devices on your network to be managed. When new devices are added to your network, they are also automatically discovered using a simple, universal protocol.
- The provided update configuration wizard allows you to easily set the update behavior for clients and servers on your network. You can define update parameters like installation deadlines, which products to patch and types of updates to push out, or simply install immediately 'on demand'.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 Server|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP1 or R2|
|Min CPU||x86 or x64-based, at least 2.0 GHz|
|Min HDD||12 GB|
|Min RAM||1 GB (2 GB recommended)|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) 6.0, Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 or later, Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or later|
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP1 or R2, Standard or Enterprise edition (with IIS 6.0 and BITS 2.0)
- Small Business Server 2003 SP 1 (with IIS 6.0 and BITS 2.0)
- 12 GB of free disk space (20 GB to store updates locally)
- CPU is x86 or x64-based, at least 2.0 GHz
- 1 GB of RAM (2 GB recommended)
- Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.80.1022.0 or later
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.