Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: B17-00389
- Stock Code: 014060
- More: Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008
- Availability: DISCONTINUED
Streets & Trips 2008 offers enhanced GPS support. Just plug in a GPS receiver (sold separately) to your laptop, and you have full GPS capability.
Which Streets & Trips version is best for you? View comparison chart.
Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008 offers the latest available maps of nearly 6 million miles of routable roads and highways throughout the United States and Canada. While you're driving, verbal turn-by-turn directions let you concentrate on the road while the software guides you. Customizable trip planning features allow you to plan multiple stops, find nearby places to visit, calculate drive time, and more.
Updated features let you identify one-way streets at a glance, and a robust keyword search lets you quickly find business and other points of interest quickly by entering in single search terms. Do you need a cup of coffee now? Simply type in the word "coffee" and Streets & Maps offers you the nearest coffee houses. Best of all, the search results automatically refresh as you continue to drive, so you will always have the most relevant information at your fingertips.
Online or off, Streets & Trips gives you the latest maps that give you the most accurate, detailed door to door directions at your fingertips. You can find current business listings while you're online and then take them with you. In a hurry? You can optimize your travel efficiencies by calculating mileage, time, and expenses in advance, even avoiding delays due to construction by downloading free updates from the Web. An updated navigation mode makes it easier than ever to know where you are, so that you can estimate drive time quickly and precisely, and enhanced customizable trip planning options will help you to plan stops, scenic detours, and fuel stops. You can even add multiple destinations; and quickly alter your route at a moment's notice.
Streets & Trips also features enhanced support for your GPS receiver that gives you a new perspective map view that can give you a road view like the one you would see through your windshield, to get a road view like the one you would see through your windshield. And the automatic re-routing feature gets you back on track, even when you miss a turn. (GPS functionality requires a GPS device that supports NMEA 2.0 or later, which is included in Streets & Trips with GPS Locator.
As Easy-to-Use as Typing
If you can type, you can take full advantage of the wealth of features Streets & Trips has to offer. To create a route and generate directions, it can't be any easier. You simply type in your starting and ending locations and click on "Get Directions." And voíla! Your trips can include side trips and segments, and you can instruct the software to customize your route by telling it what types of roads you want to travel, how quickly you want to get there, and the general area where you want to stop to gas up. Streets & Trips will create your itinerary, down to the precise gas station. Overall you'll have access to over 1.6 million local POIs such as hotels, restaurants, gas stations and even ATMs. And while you're driving, the software can give you verbal turn-by-turn directions that let you concentrate on the road instead of the directions.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional, Windows Server 2003 or later operating system|
|Min HDD||1.2 GB|
|Min RAM||See Extra Details|
|Min Screen Requirements||SVGA (800x600)|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 software or later; Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 included (will not replace your primary browser)|
- Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional, Windows Server 2003 or later operating system
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended) for Windows Vista Home Basic
- 1 GB RAM for Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, and Windows Vista Ultimate
- 128 MB RAM (256 MB recommended) for Windows XP Home and Windows XP Professional
- 256 MB RAM for Windows Server 2003
- 1.2 GB for full installation; some users may require up to an extra 100 MB for System Files Update (hard-disk usage will vary depending on configuration)
- DVD-ROM drive
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 software or later; Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 included (will not replace your primary browser)
- Super VGA (800x600) or higher resolution monitor with 256 colors
- Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse, or compatible pointing device
- Windows XP or later and compatible soundcard required for Voice Output
- Microsoft Exchange, Internet SMTP/POP3, IMAP4, or MAPI-compliant messaging software required to use Send To as attachment; Microsoft Office Outlook 2000 or later required to use Send To as picture
- 14,400-baud or higher recommended
- Broadband Internet service strongly recommended for Live Search
- Some Internet functionality may require Internet access and payment of a separate fee to an Internet service provider; local and/or long-distance telephone toll charges may apply
- GPS functionality requires a GPS device that supports NMEA 2.0 or later (included in Streets and Trips with GPS Locator and Streets and Trips with Connected Services)
- A free COM port below 20 required for GPS and Connected Services
- Connected Services functionality requires an MSN Direct receiver and a subscription to the MSN Direct service
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.