Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008 GPS with Connected Services
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: 9RJ-00007
- Stock Code: 014395
- More: Microsoft Streets & Trips
- Availability: SOLD OUT
Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008 with Connected Services combines the #1 best-selling travel and map software with a sleek GPS locator--plus an MSN Direct receiver and a 1-year trial subscription to the MSN Direct service for traffic updates and gas prices. This unique synergy provides traffic conditions and gas station locations and fuel prices from the road without an Internet connection!
Turn your laptop PC into the ultimate GPS navigation system
- Includes the new MSN Direct Receiver that enables traffic and gas updates without an Internet connection
- Includes an ultra-compact GPS device with SiRFstar III technology and a USB cable that can be used either with or without the MSN Direct Receiver.
- Includes one (1) year subscription to MSN Direct for traffic updates and gas prices without an Internet Connection. Get traffic reports and gas prices through an FM signal using the included MSN Direct Receiver, your laptop PC running Streets & Trips and MSN Direct for traffic and gas updates. No Internet connection needed! ***
- Includes Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
Whether you're planning a long-distance trip or want to find the best way to avoid delays while running errands or commuting across town, Streets & Trips with Connected Services helps you get there fast.
NEW! The included GPS Locator, MSN Direct Receiver and software give you traffic reports and gas prices on the road -- no Internet connection needed! ***
- Includes an MSN Direct Receiver and one (1) year subscription to MSN Direct for traffic updates and gas prices. Get traffic reports and gas prices through an FM signal using the included MSN Direct Receiver, your laptop PC running Streets & Trips and MSN Direct for traffic and gas updates. No Internet connection needed! ***
- Also includes an ultra-compact GPS device with SiRFstar III technology that can be used either with or without the MSN Direct Receiver and a USB cable.
Save time on the road and save money at the pump
- Avoid congestion, accidents, and disabled vehicles. Receive traffic updates and then navigate around trouble spots.
- Save at the pump by obtaining and comparing recent gas prices. MSN Direct sends updated local gas prices to the MSN Direct Receiver. Then use Streets & Trips to navigate to the savings!
NEW & ENHANCED FEATURES:
- Includes updated maps of routable roads and highways throughout the United States and Canada.
- Identify one-way streets at a glance.
- Optimize your trip by calculating mileage, time, and expenses in advance.
- Includes 1.6 million points of interest such as ATMs, hotels, landmarks, and more that you can easily add to your route without the need to be online.
- Find current business listings when you're online, then take them with you!
- Keyword search helps you quickly find listings near your location by entering words such as "coffee." Search results automatically refresh as you move around the map, so you have the most relevant information.
- Navigation Mode makes it easier than ever to know where you are. Estimated drive time helps ensure you know how far you are from your destination.
- Customizable trip planning options allow you to plan stops, scenic detours, and fuel stops; add multiple destinations; and quickly alter your route.
- Avoid potential delays with free construction updates from the Web.
- Enhanced support for your GPS receiver:
- Use the new perspective map view to get a road view like the one you would see through your windshield.
- Automatic re-routing gets you back on track, even when you miss a turn!
*** To receive MSN Direct traffic updates and gas prices, you must be within an MSN Direct coverage area; see streets.msndirect.com for current coverage maps. Coverage areas are affected by reception limitations of the FM network as well as other factors, which may affect the ability to receive FM broadcasts. Coverage areas are subject to change; new coverage areas are being added regularly; not all content is available in all coverage areas. Traffic updates and gas prices require a subscription to MSN Direct service -- first year included with purchase of Streets & Trips 2008 with Connected Services; Internet access required to renew.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows XP/ Server 2003/ Vista|
|Min CPU||PC with Pentium II or higher processor|
|Min RAM||1 GB|
|Min Screen Requirements||800x600|
|Peripheral Devices||CD- or DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device|
- PC with Pentium II or higher processor; Pentium III recommended
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 browser software or later, Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 included (will not displace your primary browser)
- For Windows Vista: 1 GB of RAM
- For Windows XP: 128 MB of RAM (256 MB recommended)
- For Windows Server 2003: 256 MB of RAM
- Running additional applications simultaneously may require additional memory
- Available hard-disk space: 1.6 GB. Some users may require up to an extra 100MB for System Files Update (hard disk usage will vary depending on configuration)
- DVD-ROM drive
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution monitor with 256 colors
- Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse, or compatible pointing device
Additional items or services required to use certain features:
- For Voice Output: Windows XP or later and compatible soundcard
- Microsoft Exchange, Internet SMTP/POP3, IMAP4, or MAPI-compliant messaging software required to use Send To as attachment; Microsoft Office Outlook 2000 or later required to use Send To as picture
- 14,400-baud or higher recommended
- Broadband Internet service strongly recommended for Live Search
- Some Internet functionality may require Internet access and payment of a separate fee to an Internet service provider; local and/or long-distance telephone toll charges may apply
- GPS functionality requires a GPS device that supports NMEA 2.0 or later
- A free COM port below 20 required for GPS and Connected Services
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.