Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard - 10 CALs
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 delivers several breakthrough capabilities that will enable your organization to scale database operations with confidence and improve IT and developer efficiency, as well as enable highly scalable and well-managed business intelligence on a self-service basis for your users.
- Powerful end-user analytics and reporting via innovative Microsoft Excel add-in and intuitive report design tools that integrate with Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Centralized management and deployment of instances and applications from a single control point within SQL Server Management Studio
- Support for Windows Server 2008 R2, including Hyper-V with Live Migration
- Data warehouse scalability from tens to hundreds of terabytes through massively parallel processing
- Enhanced data compression with support for Unicode UCS-2
- Master data hub for defining and managing master data across heterogeneous systems
- High-scale complex event processing
TRUSTED, SCALABLE PLATFORM
- Scale your data warehouse from tens to hundreds of terabytes:SQL Server 2008 R2 will offer customers scalability to meet the demands of growing data warehouses. Parallel Data Warehouse is a highly scalable appliance for enterprise data warehousing. It uses massively parallel processing (MPP) to deliver the high performance and scalability on SQL Server 2008, Windows Server 2008, and industry-standard hardware.
- Deliver trusted data assets across
heterogeneous systems: The increased emphasis on regulatory compliance, SOA,
and mergers and acquisitions has made creating and
maintaining accurate, high-quality master data a business necessity. IT is challenged with delivering high-quality master data to downstream data warehouse, analytics,
and BI systems in consumable formats.
Master Data Services helps enterprises standardize the data people rely on to make critical business decisions. With Master Data Services, IT organizations can centrally manage critical data assets companywide and across diverse systems, enable more people to securely manage master data directly, and ensure the integrity
of information over time.
IMPROVE IT AND DEVELOPER EFFICIENCY
- Manage applications and instances efficiently at scale:Demand for IT organizations to provide additional value with existing budgets and resources has never been greater. To achieve this, they need tools and capabilities that help them maximize efficiency across the application lifecycle with streamlined management, rapid development, and predictable deployment. Investments in application and multi-server management will help organizations proactively manage database environments efficiently at scale through centralized visibility into resource utilization. These innovations, along with improved support for virtualization through Hyper-V with Live Migration in Windows Server 2008 R2, help streamline consolidation and upgrade initiatives across the application lifecycle--all with tools that make it fast and easy.
- Accelerate deployments and upgrades: The introduction of a single unit of deployment in SQL Server 2008 R2 enables organizations to accelerate and standardize deployment and upgrade of data-tier application deployment, taking the guesswork out of database projects.
ENABLE MANAGED SELF-SERVICE BI
- Empower users with tools they already know and use:SQL Server 2008 R2 introduces innovative self-service analysis tools that allow end users to quickly create solutions from disparate data sources using powerful extensions to Excel. PowerPivot gives users the power to create compelling self-service BI solutions, facilitates sharing and collaboration on user-generated BI solutions in a SharePoint Server 2010 environment, and enables IT organizations to increase operational efficiencies through SQL Server 2008 R2-based management tools.
- Create new reports within minutes:SQL Server Report Builder provides a productive and intuitive design interface, new visualizations including maps and sparklines, and offers a new "grab and go" experience for creating new reports from existing content. The Report Part Gallery allows users to search for existing report parts and then drag and drop them onto the design surface while retaining all underlying definitions, queries, and so forth.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 Server, 10 Users|
|Operating System||Windows Vista, Windows XP Pro w/SP2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003 w/SP1|
|Min CPU||1 GHz Processor (2 GHz recommended)|
|Min HDD||2.2 GB|
|Min RAM||512 MB|
|Min Screen Requirements||800x600|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
- Hard Drive Space: 2.2 GB
- Operating System: Windows Vista, XP Pro w/SP2, Server 2008, Server 2003 w/SP1
- Processor Type: 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64)
- Processor Speed: 1.0 GHz (x86), 1.4 GHz (x64), 2 GHz recommended
- RAM: 512 MB (2 GB recommended, 4 GB maximum)
- Graphics: 800x600 SVGA screen resolution
- Other: DVD-ROM drive, keyboard and mouse, Internet connection
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.