Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Developer
SQL Server 2008 delivers on Microsoft's Data Platform vision by helping your organization manage any data, any place, any time. It enables you to store data from structured, semi-structured, and unstructured documents, such as images and music, directly within the database. SQL Server 2008 delivers a rich set of integrated services that enable you to do more with your data such as query, search, synchronize, report, and analyze. Your data can be stored and accessed in your largest servers within the data center all the way down to desktops and mobile devices, enabling you to have control over your data no matter where it is stored.
SQL Server 2008 Developer enables developers to build and test applications that run on SQL Server on 32-bit, ia64, and x64 platforms. SQL Server 2008 Developer includes all of the functionality of Enterprise Edition, but is licensed only for development, test, and demo use. The license for SQL Server 2008 Developer entitles one developer to use the software on as many systems as necessary. For rapid deployment into production, instances of SQL Server 2008 Developer can easily be upgraded to SQL Server 2008 Enterprise without reinstalation.
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 New Features:
- Trusted - Run your most mission-critical applications on a highly secure, reliable, and scalable platform.
- Protect Your Data - Dynamically encrypt your valuable data within an entire database, data Files, or log files, without the need for application changes. Simplify increasing regulatory compliance by using the advanced data auditing abilities of SQL Server 2008.
- Ensure Business Continuity - Seamlessly increase the reliability of applications with Database Mirroring. Simplify the recovery of applications from storage failures. Transfer operational data between the active operational systems and backup systems. Add system resources, like CPU and memory, without affecting applications.
- Provide Predictable Response - Ensure consistent performance by using Resource Governor to define resource limits and priorities for different workloads and enable consistent performance. Reduce your storage costs and improve performance of large I/O bound workloads by using data compression.
- Productive - Reduce the cost of managing your data infrastructure while streamlining development of data applications.
- Spend Less Time on Operations - Manage your enterprise data infrastructure easily with Policy-Based Management. Reduce the time spent on daily maintenance operations by defining a common set of policies for most database operations like query optimizations, naming conventions, backup and restore operations, and index management. Apply policies to many servers for consistent management across the enterprise.
- Accelerate Development - Access data by defining business entities instead of tables and columns with the ADO.NET Entity Framework. Query and retrieve these entities natively within any .NET language with Language Integrated Query (LINQ). Enable developers to work with the logical entity model, and administrators to define the physical implementation of the model as tables and columns.
- Access Your Data from Anywhere - Create flexible, occasionally connected applications that can function when disconnected from the network. Create a next generation of applications that can work on a local data store and automatically synchronize the local store with a central store when a connection is available.
- Store and Consume Any Type of Data - Use the new FILESTREAM data type to manage unstructured data such as documents and images outside the database. Store XML efficiently and enable easy access with XQuery. Improve the handling of temporal data by using new date and time data types.
- Deliver Location Intelligence - Consume, use, and extend location-based data through spatial-enabled applications. Build location-aware applications by using new spatial data capabilities in SQL Server 2008.
- Intelligent - Drive business intelligence throughout your organization, manage reports and analysis of any size or complexity, and empower users by providing powerful visualization and integration with the Microsoft Office system.
- Integrate Any Data - Scale and manage large numbers of users and data with improved query performance on large tables. Optimize queries for data warehousing scenarios, and increase I/O performance with efficient and cost effective data storage. Integrate growing volumes of data from disparate systems with the scalable data integration features of Integration Services. Consolidate real-time data into the data warehouse with Change Data Capture functionality.
- Deliver Relevant Information - Empower users to answer complex questions by providing the relevant information through reports with powerful visualizations and rendered in Microsoft Office Word 2007 and Microsoft Office Excel 2007. Enable users to create complex reports and share them internally and externally with customers and partners.
- Drive Actionable Insight - Provide a consistent set of key performance indicators (KPIs) and business metrics to all users by using the comprehensive and scalable analysis platform of SQL Server Analysis Services that has intuitive access through Office Excel 2007. Integrated Data Mining enables predictive analysis so you can investigate common issues like forecasting and identifying key influencers for decisions. Develop scalable analysis models with enhanced designers that incorporate best practices into the design experience. Increase the scale and performance of analysis by using enhanced analytical capabilities and complex computations and aggregations.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Windows Vista, Windows XP Pro, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Server 2008|
|Min CPU||1 GHz Processor or higher|
|Min HDD||2.2 GB|
|Min RAM||512 MB (2 GB recommended)|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive|
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.