Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 Premium 5 Cals Product Upgrade
Small businesses are doing more with less in today's business environment. Information technology (IT) professionals can help small businesses do more by deploying Windows Small Business Server 2003 to provide security-enhanced, reliable IT infrastructure. Windows Small Business Server 2003 provides a complete business server solution with messaging and collaboration, security-enhanced Internet access, protected data storage, reliable printing, the ability to run line-of-business applications, and faxing. And its end-to-end administration features help technology providers set up, run, and maintain their networks productively and efficiently.With Windows Small Business Server 2003, now small-business customers can:
- Automatically protect business information. Business information is protected in many ways by Windows Small Business Server 2003. For example, the Backup Wizard ensures that all your data is backed up on a regular schedule.
- Get more done every day. Windows Small Business Server 2003 delivers stable, capable infrastructure that supports mobile computing and, combined with information management and collaboration tools, increases worker productivity dramatically.
- Reach more customers and serve them better, all day, every day. Robust messaging, the ability to create effective business Web sites, and the use of security-enhanced, reliable communication tools foster more positive customer relationships.
- Quickly set up and easily operate a server designed to run a small business. Businesses can readily appreciate the solid, rapid deployment method for Windows Small Business Server 2003, which saves time and money. Ongoing management of the small business network is also streamlined through remote administration and monitoring and reporting tools.
- Build and deploy systems much faster than with Small Business Server 2000. A re-architected original equipment manufacturer (OEM) setup process dramatically shortens the installation period (as short as 15 minutes).
- Offer more services and better support customers with Remote Web Workplace, enhanced system monitoring, and usage reporting. Improve customer service and consulting deliverables by using built-in tools for robust remote management, monitoring, and reporting. Use the built-in Help Desk application in Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services to help resolve problems with the information system.
Windows Small Business Server 2003 is available in two editions: standard and premium.
Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium edition contains technologies from Windows Server 2003, Exchange Server 2003, Microsoft SQL Server 2000, and Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server (ISA Server).
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 - Secure, reliable operating system. File, print, and application sharing. The power of Active Directory® directory service and its tools.
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services - Team communication and collaboration environment.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 - Internet e-mail and messaging solution. Microsoft Outlook® Web Access, to access e-mail through the Web. Shared calendaring.
- Microsoft Shared Fax Service - Fax with fewer telephone lines. Fax from users' desktops. Users can set hours for faxing. Receive faxes through SharePoint, e-mail, or printer
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 - A unified place to manage e-mail, calendars, contacts, and other personal and team information
- Routing and Remote Access Services (RRAS) - Firewall technology to help secure Internet connections
- Microsoft ISA Server - Secure, shared Internet access. Routing and network address translation (NAT) services with firewall service.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - Powerful, secure relational database for running business applications.
- Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 - Develop sophisticated Web sites. Create customized solutions for Windows SharePoint Services.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Upgrade Package|
|License Quantity||1 Server, 5 Users|
|Upgrades From||Small Business Server 2003 Standard|
|Min CPU||300 MHz (550 MHz recommended)|
|Min HDD||4 GB|
|Min RAM||256 MB (512 MB recommended; 4 GB max)|
|Min Screen Requirements||800x600|
|Peripheral Devices||cd-ROM drive;VGA or hardware that supports console redirection; Mouse; Keyboard; NIC|
|Additional items and services||Some server functionality may require Internet access, a Microsoft Passport account|
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.