Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Workspace
Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010, the new name for Microsoft Office Groove, expands the boundaries of collaboration by allowing fast, anytime, anywhere access to your Microsoft SharePoint team sites.
Synchronize SharePoint Server 2010 document libraries with SharePoint Workspace so you can access, view, and edit files anytime and anywhere from your computer. Lists such as Discussion, Tasks, and custom lists are supported as well. You can even synchronize Business Connectivity Services lists so access to your backend systems is even easier.SharePoint Workspace 2010 ushers in an entirely new way of working with your SharePoint team sites.
FEATURESSync with SharePoint sites
With just a few clicks, you can synchronize SharePoint libraries and lists to your computer.
- Access synchronized SharePoint libraries and lists locally on your PC, even when disconnected from your SharePoint server.
- Edit content when not connected to SharePoint server and your changes are cached --waiting for synchronization.
- Be confident that your changes will automatically synchronize to the server when you're back on line and connected.
- Save time when uploading and downloading content because SharePoint Workspace only syncs your changes, not the full document.
- Stay in the know. When files get changed on your SharePoint site, you can see the latest in SharePoint Workspace.
Access your SharePoint document libraries as though they were local Windows folders.
- Work with your files from a SharePoint site, browse them in your local folders, or even save files from other applications into those same folders.
- Be confident that added files will sync back to your SharePoint site.
Easily search through your local copies of content using a powerful integration of Windows Search.
- You can customize your search queries to pinpoint your results exactly.
- Search from the Launchbar, the workspace, or directly from the Windows Start button.
When you are connected to SharePoint Server 2010, you can:
- Use Check Out / Check In control to limit access to content you are working on.
- Review the title, tags, and keywords added to your content (using SharePoint properties) that make your content easier to search for and find.
- See version history and even revert to earlier versions, if necessary.
- Co-author in Word 2010 and PowerPoint 2010.
In addition to SharePoint workspaces, you can use Groove workspaces to collaborate with advanced security directly between team members without SharePoint Server. Groove workspaces are the collaborative "peer" workspaces familiar to users of Microsoft Office Groove.
As before, Groove workspaces can have one or more members, and offer a variety of productivity tools, such as Discussion, Calendar, and Documents.
You can choose between two versions of Groove workspaces: 2010 (which is the default), and 2007 (for compatibility with Microsoft Office Groove 2007).
Each Groove workspace version lets you add a different collection of tools. It's important to note that the workspace versions are mutually exclusive and that the following restrictions apply: All members of a 2010 workspace must be running Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010. All members of a 2007 workspace must be running Microsoft Office Groove 2007 or Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010.Get easier access to the right tools at the right time
New and improved features can help you be more productive, but only if you can find them when you need them. The Ribbon replaces traditional menus and toolbars with a fresh, highly visual layout of commands, grouped logically in tabs, to help you find the features you need fast. The new Ribbon is also customizable to meet your personal work style.
Use the Ribbon to check out or check in content or to quickly check the version of a file. Use the new Microsoft Office Backstage view to view your Launchbar or search for content. You can now more easily customize your SharePoint Workspace 2010 experience, all from one convenient location.Access your information from more places with Office Mobile 2010
SharePoint Workspace Mobile 2010, available as part of Office Mobile 2010, gives you the power to get things done on your Windows phone:
- View Document libraries and lists: Quickly connect to your SharePoint server and access content from anywhere.
- Access documents via your phone: Open documents using Office Mobile directly from SharePoint; edit them and save back to the server easily.
- Access offline and sync changes: You can sync a document to your phone to access it later. When you do, any changes get saved back toSharePoint automatically.
- Stay up to date: Keep a document synced locally so that when team members change it, you'll always be up to date.2
- Stay in sync: You can see all of your content, calendar, and contacts while mobile.
TOP TEN BENEFITS
1. On the go? Take SharePoint Workspace with you.
Isn't it time you got things done according to your schedule? Synchronize SharePoint 2010 libraries and lists to your computer with just a few clicks. Easily update documents and lists offline, and be confident that everything will automatically synchronize to the server when you're back online.
2. Redefine the way you work together.
With co-authoring, you don't have to work in the same room as your peers to get team projects done. You can simultaneously work together on Word and PowerPoint files posted in SharePoint Workspace from different locations. Save time by editing documents, spreadsheets, presentations, or content with other people, and be assured that your changes are stored and updated in SharePoint Workspace and on SharePoint Server. With co-authoring, you can work together simultaneously on Word and PowerPoint files posted in SharePoint Workspace from different locations.
3. Quickly and easily find what you need.
SharePoint Workspace 2010 includes powerful integration with Windows Search, so you can easily search through your local copies for content. With support for customized queries, you can pinpoint your results exactly the way you want.
4. Review and manage documents with ease.
Support for features such as Check In and Check Out make it easy to control your documents. You can also easily review versions stored on the server --leaving you in control of your content. Features such as drag and drop from anywhere are supported --even other Office applications such as Outlook, right into a workspace!
5. Work more efficiently with easy-to-use SharePoint lists.
SharePoint workspaces can contain most standard SharePoint list types, including Discussion, Announcements, Links, and custom lists.Â Form previewing and editing is provided through Microsoft InfoPath 2010 technology. SharePoint Lists customized by InfoPath will be fully intact.
6. Access and make changes to external data sources.
SharePoint's Business Connectivity Services enables connections to external data sources --including read and write access to line-of-business applications. When combined with SharePoint Workspace's offline capability, you can review your external data inside SharePoint Workspace, search/filter/group it, and even make changes to the data. SharePoint Workspace synchronizes your changes directly to the external data source.
7. Get quick access to SharePoint content from Windows Explorer.
After synchronizing your SharePoint content to your computer, you can quickly access the same files from Windows Explorer. This makes it easier than ever to work with your files from a SharePoint site --browse them in your local folders or even use save directly from applications into those same folders.
8. Check for updates at a glance.
The Launchbar lets you easily view all of the workspaces of which you are a member. You can see which workspaces currently have people working in them and which have new materials you haven't seen. You even get alerts for new SharePoint content that has synchronized to your computer.
9. Do things faster.
SharePoint Workspace 2010 now adopts the Ribbon. With a new and an improved Ribbon, you can access your favorite commands quickly and create custom tabs to personalize the experience to your work style. In the new Microsoft Office Backstage view, you can set alerts, share, print, and manage accounts with just a few clicks.
10. Share your files with almost anyone.
You don't need access to SharePoint Server to get your work done in SharePoint Workspace. You can create local, Groove workspaces to share documents with others and see at a glance what content is new, updated, or unread.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Windows XP with Service Pack (SP) 3 (32-bit operating system (OS) only) or Windows Vista with SP1, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 R2 with MSXML 6.0, Windows Server 2008, or later 32- or 64-bit OS.|
|Min CPU||500 MHz Processor or higher|
|Min HDD||1.5 GB|
|Min RAM||256 MB|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024x768|
|Peripheral Devices||CD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, 32 bit browser only|
Computer and processor : 500 MHz or faster processor
Memory : 256 MB RAM or more
Hard disk : 2.0 GB available disk space
Display : 1024x768 or higher resolution monitor
Operating system : Windows XP with Service Pack (SP) 3 (32-bit operating system (OS) only) or Windows Vista with SP1, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 R2 with MSXML 6.0, Windows Server 2008, or later 32- or 64-bit OS
Additional Requirements : Information Rights Management features require access to a Windows 2003 Server with SP1 or later running Windows Rights Management Services.
Certain advanced collaboration functionality requires connectivity to Windows Server 2003 with SP1 or later running Windows SharePoint Services.
Email-based collaboration requires Microsoft Outlook 2010.
Browser-enabled InfoPath forms and additional collaboration functionality require Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later, 32 bit browser only. Internet functionality requires an Internet connection.
Conversion of Word documents requires Microsoft Word 2010. Conversion of Excel documents requires Microsoft Excel 2010.
Internet Fax not available on Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, or Windows Vista Home Premium
Certain online functionality requires a Windows Live ID.
Other Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require additional or advanced hardware or server connectivity.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.