Microsoft Publisher 2010
Microsoft Publisher 2010 helps you create, personalize, and share a wide range of professional-quality publications and marketing materials. With Publisher 2010, you can easily Communicate your message in a variety of publication types, saving you time and money. Whether you're creating brochures, newsletters, postcards, greeting cards, or E-mail newsletters, you can deliver quality results without needing graphic design experience. Get the job done right the first time with Publisher 2010.
The Publisher 2010 Software from Microsoft is a Windows application that allows you to perform all types of desktop publishing tasks. You'll be able to use it to create, personalize, and share many types of materials. These include brochures, newsletters, postcards, greeting cards, and e-mail newsletters. You'll be able to create a professional product, regardless of your experience in graphic design.
Start Quickly and Stay Productive
Publisher 2010 delivers the features you need to focus on creating your best work. Preview the built-in templates with your brand elements and selected font schemes and color schemes applied. Review your publication for design and layout mistakes before printing or distributing. Easily reuse content from your work, including graphics and text. You also can insert and customize content from galleries of built-in and online building blocks, such as page stories, sidebars, advertisements, and calendars
Energize Your Work with Improved Photo-Editing Tools
With Publisher 2010, you can look like a photo expert. Insert or replace photos easily while preserving the look and layout of your publication or template. Pan, zoom, or crop to get it picture-perfect while previewing the changes before they are applied. You can tweak color and brightness, choose from a library of picture caption layouts, or change the shapes of your photos, all from within PublisherAdd a Flair of Sophistication to Your Publication
Publisher 2010 delivers new tools that help you transform ordinary text into fine typography. Use the stylistic sets, stylistic alternates, true small caps, ligatures, number styles, and more that are available in many OpenType fonts that come with Publisher. You can also use additional OpenType fonts that are available through other companies. Put your own creative flourish on your publications
Enjoy More Design Control
With Publisher 2010, new object alignment technology and guides make it easier than ever to align new objects, images, or text boxes to existing objects in a publication or template. Visual layout guidance quickly provides a suggested location for a new object before you place it and always leaves the final placement up to you
Get It Right the First Time
With Publisher 2010, you can see exactly how your work will look when printed. You can adjust print settings while viewing a large print preview of your publication -- no need to switch back and forth between multiple views or screens to see the impact of your changes. You can also use the new backlight feature to see "through" the paper to preview the other side of your publication, so that your page "flips" exactly as you want it
Communicate with Confidence
Publisher 2010 makes it a snap to eliminate errors. The new Microsoft Office Backstage view gives you centralized access to info about your publication, including the Design Checker that automatically reviews your publication for a variety of mistakes, identifying common desktop, commercial print, or e-mail problems, and provides options to fix them prior to distribution
Enhance Your Work with New Templates
Looking for something special? Without leaving Publisher 2010, you can view and download high-quality templates created by businesses and other Publisher users, which are hosted on the Office Web site. Or choose from a library of hundreds of built-in, customizable design templates. Create and share your templates with the Publisher user community. It's easy, fun, and fast
Combine Lists within Publisher for Targeted Mailings
The Mailings tab on the Ribbon makes it even more efficient to create, manage, and store a single customer list in Publisher. Combine and edit customer lists from multiple sources, including Excel, Outlook, Word, and more. Then personalize your publications and marketing materials for additional impact
Share Your Work Easily
Now you can more easily share your publications. Save a PDF or XPS format version of your publication, or save a copy of your publication in your choice of several image formats, such as JPEG, for easy printing and sharing. No add-ins are requiredGet Things Done Faster
With Publisher 2010 you can complete tasks quickly and more efficiently. With the Ribbon now incorporated in Publisher, you can access commands more quickly, and customize the Ribbon to display the commands most relevant to you. The Backstage view makes it easier to save, share, print, and publish documents with just a few clicks. Additionally, new visual navigation provides a thumbnail view of each page of your publication so you can quickly move from page to page or even drag thumbnails to reorder pages. With a streamlined document workspace, you can focus on the task at hand.
Create visually compelling publications
Publisher 2010 provides a broad range of new and improved tools that help you look like a design genius and create content that's sure to impress.
- Use improved picture-editing tools--including the ability to pan, zoom, and crop your images and picture placeholders--that make it a snap to replace images while preserving the layout of your page. Easily fine-tune every picture to help your publication look its absolute best.
- Design and reorganize pages like a pro with new object alignment technology. This technology provides visual guides to help you effortlessly align and position your content, but it always leaves the final layout up to you.
- Create dynamic publications in very little time when you insert and customize prebuilt building blocks of content, both built-in and from the Publisher community, directly from Publisher 2010. Choose from an array of page parts--such as sidebars and stories--as well as calendars, borders, advertisements, and more.
- Give your text the appearance of expert typesetting with new OpenType typography. Publisher 2010 provides support for the ligatures, stylistic sets, and other professional typography features available in many OpenType fonts. Use built-in or custom OpenType fonts to create text as impactful as images with just a couple of clicks.
Manage your publications better with easy-to-use tools
It's much easier to create and manage your publications when you can work the way you want.
- The extraordinary new integrated print experience in Publisher 2010 enables you to view a full-page print preview with a host of page layout tools and adjustable print settings. The new print experience is just one of many features available from the new Microsoft Office Backstage view. Backstage view replaces the traditional File menu to provide a centralized, organized space for all of your publication management tasks.
- The improved, customizable Ribbon is now available in Publisher to make easily accessible the commands you need most. Create custom tabs or even customize built-in tabs. With Publisher 2010, you're in control.
Share your publications with confidence
When it's time to share your publication, Publisher 2010 leaves nothing to guesswork.
- Compile, edit, and manage your customer or contacts list directly in Publisher, using the easy and efficient Mailings tab on the Publisher 2010 Ribbon.
- Access the Design Checker from the new Backstage view to automatically review your publication for many common errors before you share it. Get options for fixing them quickly and easily. Then, return to Backstage view when the publication is ready to go and save it to whatever format you need for easy sharing--from PDF or XPS to a range of image formats, such as JPEG or PNG.
Whether you're working on your monthly newsletter, designing a new postcard, creating greeting cards, or developing a marketing campaign for your business, Publisher 2010 helps you create the content you need more quickly, with more flexibility, and with better results.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Windows XP with S3 (32-bit), Windows Vista with SP1, Windows Server 2003 R2 with MSXML 6.0, Windows Server 2008 with SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 7 or later operating system|
|Min CPU||500 MHz Processor or higher|
|Min HDD||1.5 GB|
|Min RAM||256 MB|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024x768|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
- Computer and processor: 500-megahertz (MHz) processor or higher
- Memory: 256 megabytes (MB) or higher
- Hard disk: 1.5 gigabyte (GB); a portion of this disk space will be freed after installation if the original download package is remove from the hard disk.
- Display: 1024 x 768 or higher resolution monitor
- Operating system: Windows XP with Service Pack (SP) 3 (32-bit), Windows Vista with SP1, Windows Server 2003 R2 with MSXML 6.0, Windows Server 2008 with SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 7 or later operating system.
- Certain inking features require running Windows XP Tablet PC Edition or later; speech recognition functionality requires a close-talk microphone and audio output device.
- Internet Explorer 6 or later, 32-bit browser only. Internet functionality requires Internet access (fees might apply).
- Actual requirements and product functionality might vary based on the system configuration and operating system. See http://www.office.com/products (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=169378).
- Internet connectivity and a Windows Live ID, to share Templates and Building Blocks.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.