Microsoft Project 2003 Server 5 Clients
The key enhancements in Project Server 2003 address data security, time reporting and risk management. Users also will find improved project portfolio and resource management functionality, greater reliability and a development platform that makes it easier to create customized solutions. Project Server 2003 now is integrated with Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 to allow project tasks to appear in the Outlook Calendar view alongside appointments. Users can update progress on Calendar entries and report their status back to Microsoft Project Server directly from Microsoft Outlook.
Integration with Windows SharePoint Services provides business executives with an easier means to assess project risks and issues. In addition, the document management features in Windows SharePoint Services provide a more robust structure for organizing documents in folders and subfolders, as well as check-in, check-out and versioning support to protect documents from inadvertent or unauthorized changes. Resource managers and project managers now have additional tools to help them find resources based on availability and their specific skills.
Project Server 2003 also allows users to add resources to a project from within Project Web Access and enables them to highlight whether or not resources are tentatively assigned for potential work. Project Server 2003 has an expanded set of APIs that enable partners and customers to develop custom solutions more easily and better integrate Project with line-of-business applications. Project Server also provides out-of-the-box synchronization with Active Directory to reduce the administrative burden of managing Project Server.The key features of the Project Server 2003 allow to:
- Monitor progress and make informed decisions. A central repository of project portfolio and resource information can evaluate and model schedule, resource, and cost data over time and across projects.
- Customize and exchange data with other programs. Use open architecture (featuring XML messaging and SOAP) and extensive API connectors to exchange information with other business programs and databases.
- Scalable to meet changing business needs. Scalable design allows you to distribute database load across separate database servers.
- Increase participation and maintain up-to-date data. Microsoft Office Outlook integration lets your team members submit project task progress in Outlook Calendar for greater participation in projects.
- Enable information sharing and collaboration. Improve coordination across teams through Project Web Access. Centrally store, link, and share related project details such as documents, issues, and risks.Scalable design allows you to distribute database load across separate database servers.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 Server, 5 Users|
|Operating System||Windows 2000 SP3 & later/Windows XP/2003|
|Min CPU||Pentium III 550-MHz or faster processor|
|Min HDD||80 MB|
|Min RAM||256 MB (512 MB recommended)|
|Min Screen Requirements||SVGA (800x600)|
|Peripheral Devices||CD- or DVD-ROM drive|
|Other Software Requirements||Internet Explorer 5.01 with SP3 or later (IE 6 recommended)|
- Project Server 2003 processor, RAM, and hard-disk requirements are highly dependent on the number of services installed on the computer and the load on the server. Minimum requirements assume one server on which all Project Server components and supporting technologies (that is, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services) are installed.
- Windows SharePoint Services is required for project collaboration;
- Windows SharePoint Services requires Windows Server 2003 or later and the NTFS file system;
- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services with SP3 or later (included with Microsoft SQL Server) is required for Portfolio Analyzer (OLAP Reporting);
- e-mail requires Microsoft Exchange 5.5, 2000, or later;
- Internet Simple Mail Transfer Protocol/Post Office Protocol 3 (SMTP/POP3), Internet Message Access Protocol 4 (IMAP4), or MAPI-compliant messaging software is required for e-mail notifications;
- Internet functionality requires dial-up or broadband Internet access provided separately; local or long-distance charges may apply.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.