Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: 079-05186
- Stock Code: 015605
- More: Microsoft PowerPoint
- Availability: Call For Availability
Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 gives you more ways to create and share dynamic presentations with your audience than ever before. Exciting new audio and visual capabilities help you tell a crisp, cinematic story that's as easy to create as it is powerful to watch.In addition, PowerPoint 2010 enables you to work simultaneously with other people or post your presentation online and access it from virtually anywhere using the Web or your smartphone.
Create extraordinary presentations
PowerPoint 2010 delivers new and improved tools to add power to your presentations.
- Embed and edit video from within PowerPoint. Now you can add fades, formatting effects, bookmark scenes, and trim videos to give your presentations a professional multimedia experience. And since the embedded videos become part of your PowerPoint presentation, you don't have to manage additional files when sharing with others.
- Use new and improved picture editing tools--including versatile artistic effects and advanced correction, color, and cropping tools--to fine-tune every picture in your presentation to look its absolute best.
- Add dynamic 3-D slide transitions and more realistic animation effects to grab your audience's attention.
Manage presentations with tools that save time and simplify your work
It's much easier to create and manage presentations when you can work the way you want.
- Compress video and audio in your presentation to reduce file size for easy sharing and improved playback performance. The option to compress media is just one of many new features available from the new Microsoft Office Backstage view. Backstage view replaces the traditional File menu in all Office 2010 applications to provide a centralized, organized space for all of your presentation management tasks.
- Easily customize the improved Ribbon to make the commands you need most accessible. Create custom tabs or even customize built-in tabs. With PowerPoint 2010, you're in control.
Work together more successfully
If you are one of the many people who work with others on presentations and projects, PowerPoint 2010 is the perfect tool for you.
- Broadcast your slide show to people in other locations, whether or not they have PowerPoint installed.Create a video of your presentation--including your transitions, animations, narration, and timings--to share with virtually anyone, any time after your live broadcast.
- Use new co-authoring capabilities to edit the same presentation, at the same time, with people in different locations. You can even communicate as you work, directly from PowerPoint.
- If you work in a company running Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010, this functionality can be used within the firewall. With Office Communicator now integrated throughout several Office 2010 applications, you can view presence information to see the availability of other authors and initiate instant message or voice calls directly within PowerPoint.
- If you're in a small company or using PowerPoint for home or school work, you can take advantage of co-authoring features through Windows Live. All you need is a free Windows Live account to simultaneously edit presentations with others. An instant messenger account (such as the free Windows Live Messenger) is required to view presence of authors and start an instant messaging conversation.
Access and share your content from more places
Your ideas, deadlines, projects, and work emergencies don't always occur conveniently when you are at your desk. Fortunately, you now have the power to get things done when and where you need to, from the Web or even from your smartphone.
- Microsoft PowerPoint Web App is an online companion to Microsoft PowerPoint which enables you to extend your PowerPoint experience to the browser. View a high fidelity version of your presentations, make light edits, or view your presentation slide show. Use the familiar PowerPoint interface and some of the same formatting and editing tools, from almost any computer with a Web browser.
- Microsoft PowerPoint Mobile 2010 enables you to do light editing for your presentations and is especially designed for easy use on your Windows phone. You can even run your slide show right on your phone. Whether you're creating the pitch of your career, working with a team on an important presentation, or getting work done on the run, PowerPoint 2010 gives you the power to work more easily and with more flexibility to accomplish your goals.
The PowerPoint 2010 Software from Microsoft is a Windows application that allows you to create interactive presentations, complete with multimedia elements. You'll be able to edit photos and videos from directly within the application, ensuring that your presentation has a professional look and feel. You can even share your presentation online, allowing you to collaborate with colleagues with ease. You'll also be able to store important presentations on your smartphone.
- Bring More Energy and Visual Impact to Your Presentations-Save time and money by applying sophisticated photo effects without using additional photo-editing software programs. Transform your images into compelling, vibrant visuals by using new and improved picture editing features such as color saturation and temperature, brightness and contrast, and an advanced cropping tool, along with artistic filters such as blur, paintbrush, and watercolor.
- Work with Others without Having to Wait Your Turn-PowerPoint 2010 redefines the way people can work together on presentations. With co-authoring, you can simultaneously edit the same presentation with individuals in different locations. You can also use Office Communicator or your instant messaging application to view the availability of others who are authoring a presentation with you and easily initiate a conversation without leaving PowerPoint.
- Add a Personalized Video Experience-Embed and edit video files directly in PowerPoint 2010. Easily trim your video to show only relevant sections. Bookmark key points in a video for quick access or trigger animation to begin automatically when those bookmarks are reached. You can also set the video to fade in and out at specified intervals and apply a variety of video styles and effects -- such as reflections, bevels, and 3D rotation -- to help you quickly capture your audience's attention.
- Imagine Just-in-Time Show and Tell-Instantly broadcast your PowerPoint 2010 presentations by sending out a URL so people can view your presentation on the web. Your audience sees your slides in high fidelity, even if they don't have PowerPoint installed. You can also turn your presentation into a high-quality video with narration to share with virtually anyone through e-mail, via the web, or on DVD.
- Access Your Presentations from More Locations and on More Devices-Post your presentations online and then access, view, and edit them from the web or your Windows phone. With PowerPoint 2010, you can get things done according to your schedule across multiple locations and devices.
- Microsoft PowerPoint Web App-Extend your PowerPoint experience to the web and enjoy full-screen, high-quality viewing of our presentations. Store your presentations online and edit your work through the PowerPoint Web App when you're away from your office, home, or school.
- Microsoft PowerPoint Mobile 2010-Stay current and take immediate action when necessary using an enhanced mobile version of PowerPoint specifically suited to your smartphone.
- Create High-Quality Presentations with Stunning Graphics-You don't have to be a design expert to create professional-looking graphics. Use dozens of additional SmartArt layouts to create many types of graphics such as organization charts, lists, and picture diagrams. Transform words into impressive visuals that better illustrate your ideas. Create diagrams as easily as typing a bulleted list or convert text and images to a diagram in just a few clicks.
- Captivate Your Audience with New Transitions and Improved Animations-PowerPoint 2010 offers new, dynamic slide transitions and animation effects that look similar to graphics you'd see on TV. Easily access, preview, apply, customize, and replace animations. You can also use the new Animation Painter to easily copy animations from one object to another.
- Organize and Print Your Slides More Effectively-Easily organize and navigate through slides using slide sections. Divide a presentation into logical slide groups, rename sections to help you manage content -- such as to assign slides to a particular author -- or easily print just one section of slides.
- Get Things Done Faster-PowerPoint 2010 simplifies how you access features. The new Microsoft Office Backstage view replaces the traditional file menu to let you save, share, print, and publish your presentations with just a few clicks. And, with the improved Ribbon, you can access your favorite commands even more quickly by customizing tabs or creating your own to personalize the experience to your work style.
- Work on Multiple Presentations and Multiple Monitors-PowerPoint 2010 gives you a completely separate window for each presentation that you open. So, you can view and edit multiple presentations independently, side-by-side, or even on separate monitors.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Windows XP with Service Pack (SP) 3 (32-bit), Windows Vista with SP1, Windows Server 2003 R2 with MSXML 6.0, Windows Server 2008 with SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 7 or later operating systems.|
|Min CPU||500 MHz Processor or higher|
|Min HDD||1.5 GB|
|Min RAM||256 MB|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024x576|
|Peripheral Devices||CD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
Computer and processor: 500-megahertz (MHz) processor or higher
Memory: 256 megabytes (MB) OF RAM or higher. When embedding video, 512 MB OF RAM is recommended.
Hard disk: 1 gigabyte (GB); a portion of this disk space will be freed after installation if the original download package is removed from the hard disk.
Display: 1024 x 576 or higher resolution monitor
Video card requirements: Pixel Shader 20 and Vertex Shader 2.0. Driver date later than Nov. 1, 2004. WHQL certified.
Operating system: Windows XP with Service Pack (SP) 3 (32-bit), Windows Vista with SP1, Windows Server 2003 R2 with MSXML 6.0, Windows Server 2008 with SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 7 or later operating systems.
Certain inking features require running Windows XP Table PC edition or later; speech recognition functionality requires a close-talk microphone and audio output device; Information Rights Management features require access to a Windows Server 2003 with SP1 or later running Windows Rights Management Services.
Connectivity to Windows Server 2003 with SP1 or later running Windows SharePoint Services is required for certain advanced collaboration functionality. PowerPoint Slide Libraries require Office SharePoint Server 2007.
Internet Explorer 6, 32-bit browser only. Internet functionality required Internet access (fees might apply).
User of graphics hardware acceleration requires DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card with 64 MB or higher video memory.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.