Microsoft PowerPoint 2008 Mac Upgrade
- Platform: Mac
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Type: Retail Boxed, Upgrade Edition
- MPN: D47-00428
- Stock Code: 014438
- More: Microsoft PowerPoint
- Availability: UNAVAILABLE
Themes and Templates
- Go from Good to Great - With just a click, entrepreneurs are creating polished business plans; job-seekers are crafting class-act resumes; and businesses are publishing eye-catching newsletters. Get great-looking designs fast with fresh new designer templates.
- Tie It All Together - Want a consistent, professional look across all your documents? From spreadsheets and presentations to business letters and reports, design themes let you present one fantastic look and feel. When you want, easily change your look with just one click!
- Enjoy a Head Start - Your shortcut to great-looking documents starts with a stunning design template. Add Elements Gallery building blocks. Switch themes or styles with just a click. And become well-known overnight for your fantastic-looking newsletters, presentations, and reports.
Presentations & Publications
- Lined Up for Success - As text and graphics align, your audience sees the big picture. Stop wondering whether objects on your slides line up with each other. Instead, use static and dynamic guides to organize slides for an accurate, crisp, clean design--quick.
- See Your Story Develop - Create consistency as you edit. View fully-rendered, dynamic thumbnails in PowerPoint's left pane to visualize the flow of your presentations as you build them, and preview changes as you make them.
- Know When to Stop - A successful presentation is a well-timed one. Stay on track and stay on schedule with a digital interface showing both elapsed and actual clock time. Speakers, students, and presenters will love the ability to start, stop, and reset the timer on the fly when practicing speeches.
Interacting with PowerPoint
- Present on iPod & iPhone - Leave your laptop behind--salespeople and presenters can now grab success by the hand. Save a presentation to iPhoto, and seamlessly review your slides on your iPod or iPhone before that big sales pitch.
- Free Yourself from Your Mouse - Speakers, presenters, and team leaders can now roam the room, pace the stage, and focus on the people in the audience instead of getting back to heir laptop to advance their slides. Thanks to Mac's Apple Remote Control.
- Share Your Photos in Slides - Share your stories and digital photos via presentations sure to create their own memories with animated effects and custom soundtracks. Use your remote control to step through slideshows on your Mac.
All across Office 2008
- Discover Unique Building Blocks - All across Office, you'll find new ways to work faster with each application's Element Gallery. Discover beautiful chart options in Excel; animated slide transitions in PowerPoint; and easily assembled Document Elements and Quick Tables in Word.
- Paint a Clearer Picture - Showing the world what you want them to see just got easier, with SmartArt graphics. Lawyers are communicating more clearly. Research scientists are giving their theories shape. Statisticians are illustrating what their numbers actually mean.
- Become an Instant Artist - Just click to add special effects, enliven communications, and turn static data into animated works of art. Using the sophisticated graphics and modern text effects of OfficeArt, non-artists are impressing audiences everywhere with their design sense.
You can create presentations that inspire your audience's imagination with compelling visuals and layouts.
- Slide Themes - A theme is a coordinated set of fonts, colors, and visual effects that gives your presentation a unified design. You can preview and apply dozens of professionally designed themes directly from the Slide Themes tab in the Elements Gallery. You can also modify themes to match your organization's design, as well as import themes from other Office files.
- Custom Layouts - Use custom layouts to make text and other objects appear precisely where you want them to on your slides. For each layout that you create, you can specify the number, size, and location of placeholders, background properties, graphic images, charts, and diagrams. Your custom layouts appear on the Slide Layouts tab in the Elements Gallery next to the standard PowerPoint layouts.
- Send slide shows to iPhoto - If you want to share a presentation with someone who doesn't have PowerPoint, or if you want to have access to your presentation on the go, you can send the presentation to iPhoto. After the presentation is in iPhoto, you can sync the slides with a video iPod. PowerPoint creates a picture for each slide in your presentation, and then saves the pictures as an album in your iPhoto Library.
- Apple Remote-Control Enabled - If your Macintosh computer has an Apple Remote, you can use it to move through your slide show. You no longer have to use a mouse to give a presentation.
- Dynamic Guides - Use dynamic guides to easily align or resize objects relative to each other or relative to the center of a slide.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Upgrade Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Upgrades From||Previous Edtions of Microsoft PowerPoint Mac|
|Operating System||Mac OS X version 10.4.9 or later|
|Min CPU||Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (500 MHz or faster) processor|
|Min HDD||1.5 GB|
|Min RAM||512 MB|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024 x 768 or higher-resolution monitor|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft Entourage and certain features require Internet access (fees may apply)|
- A Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (500 MHz or faster) processor
- Mac OS X version 10.4.9 or later
- 512 MB of RAM or more
- 1.5 GB of available hard-disk space
- DVD drive or connection to a local area network (if installing over a network) or higher resolution monitor
- 1024 x 768 or higher-resolution monitor
- HFS+ hard disk format file format (also known as Mac OS Extended or HFS Plus).
- Microsoft Entourage and certain features require Internet access (fees may apply)
- 14.4 Kbps or higher
- Internet connection through either an Internet service provider (ISP) or a network. Internet access might require a separate fee to an ISP; local or long-distance telephone charges might also apply
For Office 2008 for Mac and Office 2008 for Mac Special Media Editions: Connectivity to Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 or later is required for certain advanced functionality in Entourage 2008.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.