Microsoft Outlook 2010
Save time viewing, creating, and managing your e-mail- Think about how much e-mail you receive in a typical week today versus a typical week five years ago. We've redesigned Outlook 2010 to reflect these changes in your lifestyle and help keep up with the vast amounts of information you receive every day.
Manage large amounts of e-mail with ease. Condense, categorize, or even ignore entire conversations with a few clicks. With new conversation management tools and the improved Conversation View, dozens of messages can turn into just a few relevant items.
- Send the right information to the right people and respond to e-mails rapidly. Mail Tips instantly alert you to potential distribution issues and Quick Steps take the multi-stepped tasks you perform most down to just a single click.
Get easier access to the right tools- Locate the commands you need where you want them.
The improved Ribbon, available across Office 2010 applications, makes it easy to uncover more commands so you can focus on the end product rather than how to get there.Easily configure new and existing accounts, clean up your inbox, and visually see how much space is left in your mailbox. These are just a few of the many features available from the new Microsoft Office Backstage view. Backstage view replaces the traditional File menu in all Office 2010 applications to provide a centralized, organized space to manage your accounts and customize your Outlook experience.
Connect with people and stay up to date- Whether you're managing a team or organizing a family event, it's important to stay connected to people inside and outside your office or home. Outlook 2010 brings together various e-mail and communication networks so that staying connected with the people you care about is fast, simple, and fun.
- Combine multiple e-mail accounts, calendars, and address books and easily manage them from a single, centralized view.
- Manage your schedule using the new Schedule View. View multiple Outlook calendars, Windows Live, or other shared calendars, in a streamlined horizontal display.
- View the availability of a person and reach out to them using a variety of communication methods--all on a new easy-to-access contact card.
Access your vital information anywhere, anytime- Check e-mail anywhere and quickly locate those important addresses and phone numbers when you need them. Now you can stay connected to your work and personal contacts by taking the new Outlook experience with you. It's easy to keep on top of things while you're on the go.
- Microsoft Outlook Web App: Stay up to date and in touch. View your e-mail messages, contacts, and calendar events stored on Exchange Server using a Web browser.
- Microsoft Outlook Mobile 2010: Sync Outlook 2010 with an enhanced mobile version of Outlook specifically suited to your Windows phone.
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 helps you Communicate with important contacts, manage Email conversations and Monitor your schedule from your PC or remotely
- Sync multiple email accounts from services such as (Hotmail, Gmail) or just about any other provider to Outlook 2010
- Condense, categorize and even ignore lengthy email exchanges with a single click using Conversation View
- Save time with Quick Steps and customize the tasks you use the most down to a single click
- Share your calendar with others and access theirs, plus save frequently used groups of calendars with the new Schedule view
The Outlook 2010 Software from Microsoft is an integrated e-mail client, task management application, appointment calendar, and address book. Outlook allows you to keep track of all of your e-mail accounts, tasks, appointments, and contacts with ease. It delivers full support for Microsoft Exchange e-mail servers, as well as standard Internet POP and IMAP accounts.
Outlook offers extensive e-mail management tools. You'll be able to use multiple accounts, and organize messages into folders. You can even create rules that automatically filter messages to the correct folder, ensuring messages receive the appropriate attention. You'll be able to schedule appointments with colleagues, draft visually stunning e-mail, and add personal notes to contact information. Outlook gives you all the tools necessary to organize your daily life and to stay in touch with colleagues and friends.
- Manage Multiple E-Mail Accounts from One Place
- You can easily manage e-mail messages from multiple mailboxes. Synchronize multiple e-mail accounts from services such as Hotmail, Gmail, or just about any other provider to Outlook 2010. Improved connectivity with Microsoft Exchange Server supports the use and management of multiple Exchange Server e-mail accounts in one location
- Manage Large Volumes of E-Mail with Ease
- Conversation view in Outlook 2010 improves the tracking of e-mail conversations -- reducing information overload -- and helps you manage large amounts of e-mail with ease. Entire conversations can be condensed and categorized with a single click. And, new conversation management tools enable you to save valuable inbox space by turning dozens of e-mails into just a few conversations using the Clean Up feature. Or, use the Ignore feature to send the entire conversation to your Deleted Items
- Customize Common Tasks into Single-Click Commands
- Create and save custom actions in a new way with Quick Steps in Outlook 2010. You can save time by creating and defining multistep tasks that you can execute with a single click, including reply and delete, move to a specific folder, create a new e-mail to assigned groups, and more
- Make Scheduling a Breeze
- Conveniently and efficiently schedule appointments, share your calendar availability and manage your work schedule. With the E-mail Calendar feature, you can send your schedule to others so they can quickly find time for your next appointment. And, the new Schedule View provides a horizontal display of multiple calendars. New calendar management tools enable you to save frequently used groups of calendars so they can be quickly redisplayed whenever you need them
- Search to Easily Find What You're Looking For
- With Outlook 2010, you can easily sort through high volumes of data. The enhanced Search Tools provide you with ways to quickly find and manage large quantities of e-mail, calendar, and contact items
- Create E-Mail Messages That Capture Attention
- Dynamic graphics and picture editing tools are not just for Word and PowerPoint anymore. With Outlook 2010, you can grab your readers' attention by using compelling visuals such as pre-built SmartArt graphics, Office themes, and Styles. You also can more easily bring your ideas across to your readers by inserting and formatting screenshots in Outlook
- Stay Connected to Your Social and Business Networks
- Outlook 2010 is your hub for friends, family, and colleagues. Use Outlook Social Connector to get additional information about people, such as mutual friends and other social information, while staying better connected to your social and business circles
- Ensure That Your E-Mail Messages Get to the Intended Audience
- For business users, sending unnecessary e-mail messages to out-of-office contacts, accidentally replying to a large distribution list, or distributing confidential information outside the company are frequent concerns. With the new MailTips feature, you're alerted when you are about to send e-mail to a large distribution list, to someone who is out of the office or to individuals outside the organization
- Receive Voice Mail Transcripts in Your Inbox
- With Outlook 2010 and new technology in Exchange Server 2010, voice messages are automatically transcribed. A voice-to-text preview of a recorded voice message is sent along with the voice mail recording directly to your inbox. Access them from almost anywhere using your computer, Microsoft Outlook Mobile, or Microsoft Outlook Web App
- Initiate Live Conversations from Outlook
- Keep in touch with your contacts. By using Office Communicator, or your instant messaging application, Outlook 2010 provides presence and status information for those on your buddy or contact list. Hover over a name, see their availability and then easily initiate a conversation directly through instant messaging. With Office Communicator, you can start a voice call without leaving Outlook
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Windows XP with SP 3, Windows Vista with SP1, Windows Server 2003 R2 with MSXML 6.0, Windows Server 2008 with SP2 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 7 or later|
|Min CPU||500 MHz Processor or higher|
|Min HDD||2 GB|
|Min RAM||512 MB|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024x576 or higher resolution display|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
- Computer and processor: 500-megahertz (MHz) processor or higher
- Memory: 512 megabytes (MB) OF RAM or higher recommended for Outlook Instant Search, or when accessing large Outlook Data Files, such as files that are hundreds of megabytes in size or more.
- Hard disk: 2 gigabyte (GB); a portion of this disk space will be freed after installation if the original download package is removed from the hard disk.
- Display: 1024 x 576 or higher resolution monitor
- Operating system: Windows XP with Service Pack (SP) 3 (32-bit), Windows Vista with SP1, Windows Server 2003 R2 with MSXML 6.0, Windows Server 2008 with SP2 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 7 or later operating system.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 is the earliest version for using Exchange Server with Outlook 2010.
- Certain inking features require running Windows XP Tablet PC Edition or later; speech recognition functionality requires a close-talk microphone and audio output device; Information Rights Management features require access to a Windows Server 2003 with SP1 or later running Windows Rights Management Services.
- Connectivity to Windows Server 2003 with SP1 or later running Windows SharePoint Services is required for certain advanced collaboration functionality. Connectivity to Office SharePoint Server 2007 is required for certain advanced functionality.
- Internet Explorer 6 or later, 32-bit browser only. Internet functionality requires Internet access (fees might apply).
- Actual requirements and product functionality might vary based on the system configuration and operating system. See http://www.office.com/products (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=169378).
- Grammar and contextual spelling in Outlook is not turned on unless the computer has 1 GB memory.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.