Microsoft OneNote 2010 Home and Student
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: 79A-00239
- Stock Code: 015624
- More: Microsoft OneNote
- Availability: Call For Availability
Microsoft OneNote 2010 gives you the ideal place to store and share your information in a single, easy-to-access location.Capture text, images, as well as video and audio notes with OneNote. By sharing your notebooks, you can simultaneously take and edit notes with other people in other locations, or just keep everyone in sync and up to date. You can also take your OneNote 2010 notebooks with you--view and edit your notes from virtually any computer with an Internet connection or your Windows phone.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
Create one centralized resource for all of your ideas
OneNote 2010 delivers an array of new and improved tools that make it easy for you to capture and reference your ideas and important information.
- Take notes while working in Microsoft Word 2010, PowerPoint 2010, or Internet Explorer using the new Linked Notes feature. OneNote provides a link to where you were in the source document at the time you took the note, keeping your ideas automatically connected to the content you create.
- Save time and make your important content easily accessible. Use the new quick filing feature in OneNote 2010 to collect information while working in other programs. Send a copy of content from documents, Web pages, e-mail messages, or almost any program to the exact location you want in your OneNote notebooks.
Manage information with tools that save time and simplify your work
It's much easier to manage information when you can customize the way you work.
- Explore and manage your notebooks more effectively with an enhanced notebook navigation bar, improved tools for managing sections, and multi-level page groups.
- Save time with an advanced search experience that shows results as you type. OneNote 2010 learns from your searches and prioritizes results. You can also add wiki links to pages, sections, and section groups within your notebook to ensure related content is always easily accessible.
Work together more successfully
If you are one of the many people who work with others on projects, OneNote 2010 has good news for you.
- In OneNote 2010, see recent changes highlighted automatically when you open a shared notebook along with an indicator showing who made each change.
- Retrieve content you inadvertently discarded from the Notebook Recycle Bin or restore previous page versions if someone has made changes to the notes you need.
Collect information, brainstorm, and share ideas from more places
Your ideas, deadlines, and emergencies don't always occur conveniently when you are at your computer.
- OneNote Web App is an online companion to Microsoft OneNote which enables you to extend your OneNote experience to the browser. Store your notes online and edit them from a Web browser. View and copy notes quickly, view edits by author, access previous page versions, and even edit shared notebooks simultaneously with others who are using OneNote Web App and OneNote 2010.2
- OneNote Mobile 2010 gives you a lightweight viewing and editing tool for your notes that's especially designed for easy use on your Windows phone.3
Whether you're collecting information, making a plan, working with a team on an important project, or getting work done on the run, OneNote 2010 gives you the power to manage all of your information more easily, with more flexibility, and with better results.
1 Web and Windows phone access require an appropriate device and some functionality requires an Internet connection. Web functionality uses Office Web Apps, which require a supported Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari browser and either SharePoint Foundation 2010 or a Windows Live ID. Mobile functionality requires Office Mobile 2010 which is not included in Office 2010 applications, suites, or Office Web Apps. There are some differences between the features of the Office Web Apps, Office Mobile 2010 and the Office 2010 applications.
2 Requires SharePoint Foundation 2010 or a Windows Live ID.
3 OneNote Mobile 2010 is not included in the Office 2010 applications or suites.
TOP 10 REASONS TO TRY ONENOTE 2010
- Work seamlessly across applications.
You can now place OneNote to the side of your screen to have it constantly available for note-taking or references while researching on the Web through Windows Internet Explorer, reviewing a document in Microsoft Word 2010, or creating a Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 slide. When you need to remember where your ideas came from, the Linked Notes feature enables you to jump right to the source of your information with just a click.
- Discover new ways to organize your information.
An improved notebook navigation bar offers the tools you need to easily organize and jump between your notebooks. You can also better visualize and expand page groups to improve note structure and placement. Additionally, new section tools make it easy to access or copy notebook sections, or to merge one section into another.
- Quickly file information into the right places.
OneNote 2010 helps save you time by eliminating the need to regroup information after the fact. With quick filing, you can easily pick a notebook to send your notes to as you insert them from multiple sources, including documents, Web pages, and e-mail messages.
- Stay on top of changes to group projects.
When you work with multiple users on a shared notebook, automatic highlighting in OneNote 2010 provides you with a distinct view of changes since you last opened the notebook. Additionally, the new page versions feature provides a version history by date and author. If someone changes content inadvertently, just click to restore a previous version of the page. As with all of your shared notebook edits, changes sync automatically when you are online.
- Gain instant access to your information.
Improved search in OneNote 2010 shows you search results as you type. In addition, a new ranking system learns from past choices, prioritizing notes, pages, page titles, and recent picks, so you can get to your information faster and more easily.
- Access your notebooks from virtually anywhere.
It's easy to take your notebook everywhere when you can edit and review your notes from the Web or a Windows phone. With OneNote 2010, you can access, edit, share, and manage your notes across multiple locations and devices.1
- Microsoft OneNote Web App. Extend your Office 2010 experience to the Web and enjoy high-quality viewing and editing of your notes. Store your notes online and edit your work through a Web browser when you're away from your office, home, or school.2 When editing shared notebooks online, you can even view changes by author and manage page versions.
- Microsoft OneNote Mobile 2010. Stay up to the minute and take immediate action when necessary by using the mobile version of OneNote 2010 specifically suited to your Windows phone.3
- Easily reference pages and sections within a notebook.
With wiki linking, you can easily reference and browse through related content such as note pages, sections, and section groups within a notebook. Create wiki links to new content so everyone using the same notebook is automatically pointed to the right place.
- Quickly apply styles to your text.
New text styles give you more formatting options to structure and organize your thoughts. Save time by using the same shortcut keys found in Word 2010 for basic styling of text. Or, use the Format Painter, newly available in OneNote, to copy formatting between paragraphs.
- Accomplish more with an enhanced user experience.
OneNote 2010 simplifies how you access features. The new Microsoft Office Backstage view replaces the traditional File menu to let you share, print, and publish your notes with just a few clicks. New to OneNote 2010, the improved Ribbon lets you get to your favorite commands quickly and customize tabs or create your own to personalize the experience to your work style.
- Transcend communication barriers.
OneNote 2010 helps you work and communicate across different languages.4Â Hover over a word for instant translation or translate selected text in just a couple of clicks. You can also select separate language settings for editing, Help, display, and ScreenTips.
1Â Web and Windows phone access require an appropriate device and some functionality requires an Internet connection. Web functionality uses Office Web Apps, which require a supported Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari browser and either SharePoint Foundation 2010 or a Windows Live ID. Mobile functionality requires Office Mobile 2010 which is not included in Office 2010 applications, suites, or Office Web Apps. There are some differences between the features of the Office Web Apps, Office Mobile 2010 and the Office 2010 applications.
2Â Requires Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 or a Windows Live ID.
3Â OneNote Mobile 2010 is not included in the Office 2010 applications or suites.
4Â Translation features are free and do not require any add-ins. The bilingual dictionary comes by default in the box (no download), and the language and availability depends on the SKU version of your Office 2010 application. Internet service is required for Machine Translation and languages vary by provider; this will be determined automatically depending on your selection.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Windows XP with Service Pack SP3 or Windows Vista with SP1, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 R2 with MSXML 6.0, Windows Server 2008 or later operating systems (32-bit and 64-bit)|
|Min CPU||500 MHz processor or higher|
|Min HDD||1.5 GB available disk space|
|Min RAM||256 MB (512 MB recommended)|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024x768|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
- Operating System
Windows XP with Service Pack (SP) 3 (32-bit operating system (OS) only) or Windows Vista with SP1, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 R2 with MSXML 6.0, Windows Server 2008 or later operating systems (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Hard Disk
1.5 GB available disk space
256 MB RAM; 512 MB recommended for certain advanced functionality.
500 MHz processor or higher
1024 x 768 or higher-resolution monitor
- Certain features require Windows Desktop Search 3.0, Windows Media Player 9, Microsoft ActiveSync 4.1, microphone, audio output device, video recording device, TWAIN-compatible digital camera, or scanner; sharing notebooks requires users to be on the same network.
- Multi-Touch features require Windows 7 and a touch enabled device.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later, 32 bit browser only. Internet functionality requires an Internet connection.
- The Desktop Experience feature must be enabled prior to using OneNote on Windows Server 2008 or later.
- Send to OneNote Print Driver requires Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 and Windows XPS features.
- Internet Fax not available on Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, or Windows Vista Home Premium
- Certain online functionality requires a Windows LiveTM ID.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.