Microsoft OneNote 2003
OneNote 2003 is a new program in the Microsoft Office System that enables you to capture, organize, and reuse your notes on laptop computers, desktop computers, or Tablet PCs. It gives you one place to store all your notes and the freedom to work with them how you want. OneNote 2003 also helps you capture information in multiple ways and then organize and use it according to your needs.
OneNote 2003 combines the freedom and flexibility of paper notes with the efficiency and power of digital organizational tools, enabling you to work with your notes and information more productively.
Capture Information in Multiple Ways
Take notes and collect information the way you want.
- Take notes anywhere on the page and put information wherever you want. You can move your cursor to any place on the screen and start typing.
- Record audio notes that are synchronized to your written notes to make sure you don't miss something important.
- Handwrite your notes or draw diagrams and pictures using a Tablet PC or a pen input device on your laptop computer or desktop computer.
- Put pictures, text, and other information from a Web site directly into OneNote 2003 using the drag-and-drop operation. OneNote automatically includes the Web address for you so that you can reference the information later.
Organize Information Easily
Organize your notes the way you want and be more productive.
- Create as many notebooks, folders, and pages as you need; customize them for how you work; and keep them all in one convenient place.
- Search your notes quickly and find what you need without having to know in which notebook, folder, or file you saved that information.
- Create and search Note Flags to highlight urgent action items. Your important tasks and reminders will always be easy to find.
- Combine, format, and rearrange notes by using a drag-and-drop operation to organize your notes in a way that makes sense to you.
Access Information Quickly
Have one convenient place to capture all of your notes and information.
- Immediately find your most recent notes without having to search through your folders or files. OneNote 2003 always opens at the page and notebook where you were last working.
- Write down pertinent information or leave yourself reminders with the OneNote Quick Pane, which can "float"-or stay open on top of the other programs you are using.
- Enjoy the security of knowing you won't lose data. Everything you capture in OneNote 2003 is automatically saved for you.
Reuse and Share Notes Easily
Easily reuse and share your notes after you have captured them.
- Move, reformat, or combine notes from previous notebooks so that you can use them for other projects, tasks, or meetings.
- Use your notes in other Microsoft Office System programs such as Microsoft Office Word 2003, Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, or Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003.
- E-mail your notes or publish them to a Web site, such as one built with Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services, so that you can share important points and ideas with others.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Windows XP or later, or Windows 2000 SP3|
|Min CPU||Pentium 233-MHz or faster processor (Pentium III recommended)|
|Min HDD||100 MB|
|Min RAM||128 MB|
|Min Screen Requirements||800x600|
|Peripheral Devices||CD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
- Recording audio notes requires a microphone, audio output device, Microsoft Windows Media Player 8.0 or later, and Microsoft DirectX 8.1 or later (Windows Media Player 9.0 or later and DirectX 9.0a or later recommended);
- video recording of notes with OneNote Service Pack 1 (SP1) requires a video capture device, Windows Media Player 9.0 or later, and DirectX 9.0 or later; inserting digital pictures requires a TWAIN-compatible digital camera or scanner;
- copying notes from a Windows Mobile–based Pocket PC or Smartphone requires ActiveSync 22.214.171.12434 or later
- Microsoft Office integration features require certain Microsoft Office 2003 programs, including Microsoft Office Outlook 2003;
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 running Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services is required for certain advanced collaboration functionality;
- certain inking features require running OneNote 2003 on the Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition;
- enhanced inking features in OneNote SP1 requires Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005;
- the Shared Sessions feature in OneNote SP1 requires an Internet connection, DirectX 8.1 or later (DirectX 9.0b or later recommended), and a router that supports Universal Plug and Play (UPnP)
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.