Microsoft Office 2011 Mac Home & Student Edition (3 Installs)
With over 1 billion PCs and Macs running Office, Microsoft Office is the most-trusted and most-used productivity suite around the world.
Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Home & Student Edition is here to help you do more with your Mac on your terms. Use Word to create dynamic papers, Excel to format your data quickly, PowerPoint to help engage your audience and take your ideas further, and Outlook to stay close to your contacts and calendars. And since Office for Mac is compatible with Office for Windows, you can work on documents with virtually anyone on a Mac or PC. It's the easiest way to create, share, and access your documents from almost anywhere.
Microsoft Office for Mac Home and Student 2011 gives you familiar tools to get the most out of all your projects. Create documents from polished templates. And use the Office for Mac ribbon interface that gives you the tools you need at your fingertips and a familiar Office experience across PC and Mac. What could be more efficient than that?
From home projects to homework, Office helps your family make the most of every opportunity, every day. Enjoy the flexibility to do what you want, when you want: more ways to access your work from anywhere and share your ideas with others, plus the most reliable Office for Windows compatibility. Designed and licensed for everyday home use, families and K-12 students. Not for commercial use.
SET YOUR IDEAS FREE
Create professional documents and presentations with the most-used productivity software for the Mac. And since Office for Mac 2011 is compatible with Office for Windows, you can work on documents with virtually anyone, anywhere.
Work well with others.
Be on the same page with Office for Mac and Office for Windows, including new features in Office 2010. Whether you're looking to share files or work together online, now you can do it with complete confidence, knowing that Office for Mac is most compatible with Office for Windows. With Office being used on more than 1 billion Macs and PCs worldwide, you can work with practically anyone you want, how you want, wherever you want--with no worries.
Save time with software you already know.
Learning new software can be time-consuming. Office for Mac 2011 contains the familiar commands, formats, and interfaces you already know, so you can start working right away. It's never been easier to switch from Mac to PC and back again, wherever and however you need to work.
Use what the pros use.
Create great-looking documents in a snap. Office for Mac 2011 offers the most complete feature set, with everything you'd expect from top-of-the-line software. If delivering impressive, professional-looking documents matters to you, then you need Office for Mac 2011. There is no substitute.
- Word 2011-Powerful writing tools help you create outstanding documents, then store, edit, and share your work easily on the web.
- Create visually rich newsletters, brochures, and documents in Publishing Layout view.
- Instantly see styles applied in your document with Visual Styles.
- Work in Full Screen view to maximize space for reading and writing documents.
- Rearrange layers of text, photos, and graphics quickly with Dynamic Reordering.
- View, edit, store, and share documents online with the Word Web App on Windows Live SkyDrive.
- Share and coauthor Word documents with virtually anyone, whether they're using Office on a Mac or PC.
- PowerPoint 2011-Create powerful, professional presentations that engage and inspire your audience, and present online as effectively as in person.
- Remove backgrounds or add color filters to your photos right within PowerPoint.
- Move beyond the conference room and broadcast your presentations online.
- Rearrange layers of text, photos, and graphics quickly with Dynamic Reordering.
- Rehearse, check your timing, and take notes in Presenter View.
- View, edit, store, and share Office documents online with the PowerPoint Web App on Windows Live SkyDrive.
- Share and coauthor PowerPoint presentations with virtually anyone, whether they're using Office on a Mac or PC.
- Excel 2011-Clarify your financial picture with easy-to-analyze spreadsheets you can post online to view, edit, share, or coauthor with your team from virtually anywhere.
- Clarify your data using Conditional Formatting with icons, data bars, and color scales.
- Spot trends with new Sparklines, small charts that fit in a single cell.
- Spend more time analyzing data and less time sifting through it with PivotTables.
- Organize, filter, and format related data with Excel tables.
- Increase efficiency and save time by automating repetitive tasks using Visual Basic.
- View, edit, store, and share spreadsheets online with the Excel Web App on Windows Live SkyDrive.
- Share and coauthor Excel spreadsheets with virtually anyone, whether they're using Office on a Mac or PC.
WHAT's NEW IN OFFICE FOR MAC 2011?
WORK THE WAY YOU WANT, WHERE YOU WANT
Used on more than 1 billion Macs and PCs worldwide, Microsoft Office is the most-trusted productivity suite, and it helps you do even more with your Mac, your way.
- Outlook Integration-Stay in sync while you stay in touch: Microsoft Outlook for Mac is the all-in-one application for e-mail, calendars, contacts, and tasks. Collapse multiple e-mail threads into one quick view. See all your inboxes in a single view. And manage your workload from virtually anywhere.
- Office Web Apps-Work online, from virtually anywhere: Windows Live SkyDrive lets you store and edit your documents and presentations online, for free. Then, use Office Web Apps to access your documents from almost any computer. Just use your Web browser 1 to sign in to skydrive.com, and go to work. Now you can be productive wherever life takes you.
- Coauthoring-Collaborate with virtually anyone: Coauthor documents in real time or add audio and video to chats--office for Mac 2011 gives you better ways to work together. And it's compatible with Office for Windows, so you can share with almost anyone.
- Ribbon-Perform common tasks-fast: The Office for Mac ribbon and toolbar put commonly used commands at your fingertips. Discover advanced options that automatically change to match the application and function you're in. Office for Mac even has the same menu interface of most Mac applications, so you can find what you need easily.
- Template Gallery-Look more professional with every document: With the new Template Gallery in Office for Mac, it's easy to produce great-looking, consistent documents. Templates appear in a large format that allows you to see layouts, graphics, and fonts at a glance. You can even edit right in the Gallery to quickly create families of customized documents.
- Photo Editing-Get, and work in, the big picture: Maximize the on-screen space for reading and writing documents. Focus easily on the task at hand by blocking out all other windows and menus on your screen.
- Broadcast Slide Show-Share with anyone, anywhere: PowerPoint for Mac 2011 gives you the ability to present to multiple people remotely, improving communication and reducing travel costs. Broadcast your presentation to anyone on the Web from anywhere, with minimal startup time and no special software required.
- Sparklines-Spot trends in your data: In Excel for Mac 2011, Sparklines give you the ability to create small charts in a single cell. That way, you see the data in the smallest details--while never losing sight of the big picture.
- Visual Basic-Get automated: Increase efficiency and save time by automating repetitive tasks in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. New features include IntelliSense, which uses auto-completion for the symbol names the programmer is typing. Get your documents coded and out the door faster.
- Reorder Objects-Manage layers easily: Reorder layers of text, photos, and graphics quickly. Create richer documents than ever, and rearrange them without cumbersome copying and pasting. Easily manipulate the layering of all shapes on any page.
Office Web Apps require SharePoint Foundation 2010 for business use or a free Windows Live ID for personal use, as well as an appropriate device, an Internet connection, and a supported Web browser. Supported browsers include Internet Explorer 7 or later for Windows, Safari 4 or later for Mac, and Firefox 3.5 or later for Windows, Mac, or Linux. There are some differences between the features of Office Web Apps and the Office 2011 programs.
Note: iMovie, iPhoto, iTunes, and Safari are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||3 installs in one household|
|Operating System||Mac OS X version 10.5.8 or later|
|Min CPU||A Mac computer with an Intel processor|
|Min HDD||2.5 GB|
|Min RAM||1 GB|
|Min Screen Requirements||1280x800|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
- A Mac computer with an Intel processor
- Mac OS X version 10.5.8 or later
- 1 GB of RAM recommended
- 2.5 GB of available hard disk space
- HFS+ hard disk format (also known as Mac OS Extended or HFS Plus)
- DVD drive or connection to a local area network (if installing over a network)
- 1280 x 800 or higher resolution monitor
Additional items or services are required to use some features:
- Certain online functionality requires a Windows Live ID.
- Certain features require Internet access (fees may apply).
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.