Microsoft Office 2007 Standard
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: 021-07746
- Stock Code: 013687
- More: Microsoft Office 2007
- Availability: SOLD OUT
The new look and feel of the 2007 Microsoft Office system automatically displays the menus and toolbars you need when you need them. View larger.
Office Excel 2007 makes it easy to analyze data. View larger.
Including charts in Office PowerPoint 2007 is easy. View larger.
Tasks are easy to follow up on because they are included on the new To-Do Bar and within Outlook reminders. You can also drag tasks onto your calendar. View larger.
Improved User Interface
The Office Standard 2007 user interface makes it easier for people to use Office applications. The streamlined screen layout and dynamic results-oriented galleries let you spend more time focused on your work and less time trying to get the application to do what you need. As a result, the Office Standard 2007 interface can help deliver great looking documents, high-impact presentations, effective spreadsheets, and powerful desktop database applications.
Office Standard 2007 features the Ribbon, a new device that presents commands organized into a set of tabs, instead of traditional menus and toolbars. The tabs on the Ribbon display the commands that are most relevant for each of the task areas in the applications. For example, in Word, the tabs group commands for activities such as inserting objects like pictures and tables, doing page layout, working with references, doing mailings, and reviewing. For added convenience, the Home tab provides easy access to the most frequently used commands. Excel has a similar set of tabs that make sense for spreadsheet work including tabs for working with formulas, managing data, and reviewing. These tabs make it simple to access features because they organize the commands in a way that corresponds directly to the tasks you perform in the application you're using.
The Microsoft Office Button
Many of the most valuable features in previous versions of Office were not about the document authoring experience and instead focused on all the things you can do with a document: share it, protect it, print it, publish it, and send it. Although this focus had its advantages, previous releases lacked a single central location where a user could see all of these capabilities in one place. Office Standard 2007's new interface, however, bring together the capabilities of the Office system into a single entry point: the Microsoft Office button. This button allows for two major advantages. First, it helps users find these valuable features. Second, it simplifies the authoring process by allowing the Ribbon to focus on creating great documents.
Office Standard 2007 features contextual tabs which bring important and appropriate command options to the user's attention precisely when they're needed most. Certain sets of commands are only relevant when objects of a particular type are being edited. For example, the commands for editing a chart are not relevant until a chart appears in a spreadsheet and the user is focusing on modifying it. In current versions of Office applications, these commands can be difficult to find. In Excel, however, clicking on a chart causes a contextual tab to appear with commands used for chart editing. Contextual tabs only appear when they are needed and make it much easier to find and use the commands needed for the operation at hand.
Galleries are at the heart of the redesigned applications, and they deliver a set of clear results to choose from when working on your documents, spreadsheets, presentations, or Access databases. By presenting a simple set of potential results, rather than a complex dialog box with numerous options, galleries can simplify the process of producing professional looking work. For those who prefer a greater degree of control over the result of the operation, the traditional dialog box interfaces are still available.
Office Standard 2007 features Live Preview, a fresh and innovative technology that shows the results of applying an editing or formatting change as you move the pointer over the results presented in a gallery. This dynamic capability streamlines the process of laying out, editing, and formatting so you can create excellent results with less time and effort.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Windows XP with SP2 / Windows Server 2003 / Windows Vista or later|
|Min CPU||500 MHz processor or higher|
|Min HDD||1.5 GB|
|Min RAM||256 MB (512 MB and more recommended)|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024x768|
|Peripheral Devices||CD- or DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Internet Explorer 6.0 or later, 32 bit browser only|
- 500 megahertz (MHz) processor or higher
- 256 megabyte (MB) RAM or higher *
- 1.5 gigabyte (GB); a portion of this disk space will be freed after installation if the original download package is removed from the hard drive
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- 1024x768 or higher resolution monitor
- Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack (SP) 2, Windows Server 2003 with SP1, or later operating system **
- Certain inking features require running Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition or later. Speech recognition functionality requires a close-talk microphone and audio output device. Information Rights Management features require access to a Windows 2003 Server with SP1 or later running Windows Rights Management Services.
- Connectivity to Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 or later is required for certain advanced functionality in Outlook 2007. Dynamic Calendars require server connectivity. Instant Search requires Microsoft Windows Desktop Search 3.0.
- Connectivity to Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with SP1 or later running Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services is required for certain advanced collaboration functionality. Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 is required for certain advanced functionality PowerPoint Slide Library requires Office SharePoint Server 2007.
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or later, 32 bit browser only. Internet functionality requires Internet access (fees may apply).
- Actual requirements and product functionality may vary based on your system configuration and operating system.
* 512 MB RAM or higher recommended for Outlook Instant Search. Grammar and contextual spelling in Word is not turned on unless the machine has 1 GB memory.
** The Office Clean-up wizard not available on 64 bit OS.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.