Microsoft MapPoint 2013
Microsoft MapPoint 2013 gives you the power to visualize sales, competitor, and customer data to make better business decisions and communicate insights with instant impact. When on the road, get trip-routing and turn-by-turn directions to easily plan better trips.1
Visualize your business in a whole new way. With the easy-to-use data mapping tools of Microsoft MapPoint, you can create information-rich maps to:
- Pinpoint data relationships
- Identify business trends
- Highlight opportunities
When you travel, use trip-planning mapping options to create routes and optimize stops, or plan your trip on your PC and then print or share your route to your GPS device.1
- Updated mapsâalong with 2013 version software and refreshed geographic data.
- Customized map settingsâyou can mark map features such as cities and boundaries with symbols or labelsâor leave them unmarked.
- Hundreds of pushpin imagesâincludes those from previous versions of MapPoint.
- GPS-readyâshare your route to your GPS devices.1
- Data mappingâeasy-to-use tools help you visualize the meaning of your data.
- Create territoriesâdefine and communicate your own delivery or sales areas.
- Maps and directionsâeasily follow your route with detailed directions (voice1 and text-prompted) to arrive on time.
- Programmingâbuild customized applications for fleet tracking and routing that reduce costs and increase service quality.
What Can MapPoint Do for You?
Take advantage of the powerful data-mapping and trip-planning features in MapPoint to extend your business, identify new customer opportunities, and navigate with ease.
Map Your Data
With MapPoint, it’s easy to visualize your business in a whole new way.
Gain better insight into your business:
- Create and view sales territories, evaluate performance by geography, and analyze trends.
- Combine business data with demographics included in MapPoint to target potential customers and focus decisions.
- Create maps from data stored in current versions of software including Microsoft Office Excel, Access, and Outlook, and SQL Server or other database sources.
- Insert maps into Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, and websites.
Add MapPoint to Your Applications
Developers can add location with the MapPoint object model.
Extend the value of your business solutions by adding mapping and routing to your applications:
- Take advantage of the extensible MapPoint object model to build custom business solutions (such as Fleet Tracking and Business Intelligence) that use maps, driving directions, data mapping, and demographic data that comes with MapPoint.
- Import and map your data stored in Microsoft Office Excel, Access, and Outlook, and any ODBC-compliant database or comma-delimited file.
- Include rich, detailed maps in your Office files; export key map information directly to Excel; and copy/paste or embed maps into other Office applications. Insert maps into Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, and websites.
Get Maps and Directions
Take advantage of more efficient routing, navigation, and location tracking.
MapPoint helps you streamline your travel:
- Plan your trip on your PC and then print or share your route to your GPS devices.1
- Arrive on time with detailed directionsâvoice2 and text-prompted.
- Send point-of-interest and “business card” details such as addresses and phone numbers to your mobile device.3
- Drag-and-drop your route to avoid a road or area.
- Quickly find online listings and add them to a route.
Top Reasons to Try Microsoft MapPoint 2013:
Get updated map data, new look, and 2.5 million points of interest
Create information-rich maps with your data to show important relationships, identify business trends, and illustrate opportunities.
Visualize your data (sales, customer, competitor, and more) faster and better.
See your business in a whole new way with information-rich maps that illuminate important data relationships, identify business trends, and illustrate opportunities. MapPoint software has more than 300 unique pushpins and easy-to-use labeling features to help you create a customized data map that you can save and reuse.
Hotel and restaurant reviews and ratings at your fingertips.
Ready to save time and gas money? Before you hit the road, plug in your stops and MapPoint will plot the most efficient course with turn-by-turn driving directions. Get 24-hour offline access to detailed information on millions of miles of streets and highways in the United States and Canada to help you optimize your travel.
Get more impact with Microsoft Office integration.
MapPoint is designed to work with Microsoft Officeâso you can easily create maps from data stored in current versions of software including Excel, Access, and Outlook. Mapping helps you illustrate everything from sales performance and customer locations to new business opportunities. Each map point you display can help you make better business decisions.
Save time and gas money.
Before you hit the road, plug in your stops and MapPoint will plot the most efficient course with turn-by-turn driving directions. Get 24-hour instant and offline access to detailed information on millions of miles of streets and highways in the United States and Canada to help you optimize your travel.
Reduce travel stress.
MapPoint can make your business travel easier. Plan your trip on your PC and then print, or share your route to your GPS navigation device.1 Select the roads you prefer to travel, choose areas to avoid, and define routes based on your desired travel speeds. MapPoint includes many points of interestâfrom gas stations, restaurants, and hotels, to ATMs, post offices, pharmacies, and moreâthat you can add when planning your trips. Navigate with ease!
Take it with you.
MapPoint helps you keep destination information at your fingertips with mobile integration. Send points of interest and “business card” details, such as addresses and phone numbers, to your mobile device.2
Extend your business.
Take advantage of the extensible MapPoint object model to build custom business software solutions (such as Fleet Tracking and Business Intelligence) that use maps, driving directions, data mapping, and demographic data that comes with MapPoint.
1GPS device sold separately. GPS functionality requires a GPS device that supports NMEA 2.0 or later. To share your route to your other GPS devices, you must export via a GPX file to a GPX-compatible GPS device. Not all GPS devices are supported.
2GPS device sold separately. GPS functionality requires a GPS device that supports NMEA 2.0 or later and an available USB port. Voice Output requires any of the compatible operating systems listed in the system requirements and a compatible sound card.
3You may be charged a fee by your wireless provider to receive messages.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Windows XP (32 bit), Windows Server 2008 (32 bit), Windows Vista, or Windows 7|
|Min HDD||2.1 GB|
|Min RAM||1 GB RAM for 32 bit OS, 2 GB RAM for 64 bit OS, 256MB RAM for Windows XP|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024 X 768 or higher resolution monitor|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD drive; GPS device that supports NMEA 2.0 or later and USB port|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft Outlook 2007 or 2010 required to use Send To features; Internet Explorer|
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 (32 bit) or Windows XP (32 bit)
- 1 GB RAM for 32 bit OS, 2 GB RAM for 64 bit OS, 256MB RAM for Windows XP
- Available hard-disk space: 2.1 GB
- For installation: DVD drive or high speed Internet access
- 1024 X 768 or higher resolution monitor
Additional items or services are required to use certain features:
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 or 2010 required to use Send To features
- Broadband Internet service (connect time charges may apply)
- GPS device that supports NMEA 2.0 or later and USB port
- Internet Explorer (will not displace your primary browser)
- Some features will not work with the 64 bit version of Microsoft Office 2010
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.