Microsoft MapPoint 2011 North America
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: B21-01251
- Stock Code: 015973
- More: Microsoft MapPoint
- Availability: SOLD OUT
Microsoft MapPoint 2011 North America gives you the power to turn tabular data into informative maps to communicate insights with instant impact. You can easily integrate maps into your Office projects to show your business insights with clarity. Plus, get updated maps of the US and Canada, with trip routing, turn-by-turn directions, and the ability to share routes with your GPS device.
Explore the Features of MapPoint
- Updated maps along with 2011 version software and refreshed geographic data.
- Customized map settings you can mark map features such as cities and boundaries with symbols, labels, or nothing at all.
- Hundreds of pushpin images includes those from previous versions of MapPoint.
- GPS ready share your route with your GPS device.1
- Data mapping easy-to-use tools help you visualize the meaning of your data.
- Create territories define and communicate your own delivery or sales areas.
- Maps and directions easily follow your route with detailed directions (voice1 and text-prompted) to arrive on time.
- Programming build customized applications for fleet tracking and routing that reduce costs and increase service quality.
What Can You Do With MapPoint to Grow Your Business?
- Discover hidden treasure in your existing data sources. Create maps from data stored in current versions of software including Microsoft Office Excel, Office Access, SQL Server, or other database sources. Find clarity in what your data has to show you.
- Tell a story, visually. Insert maps into Word documents and PowerPoint presentations to illustrate everything from sales performance to customer locations. Each map point displayed highlights your opportunities.
- Streamline your travel. Optimize your stops with one click or drag-and-drop to alter your route. Detailed driving directions help keep you on track. Miss a turn? MapPoint reroutes you.1
Top Reasons to Try Microsoft MapPoint 2011:
- Visualize your data (sales, customer, competitor, you name it) faster and better.
See your business in a whole new way with information-rich maps that illuminate important data relationships, identify business trends, and illustrate opportunities. MapPoint software has more than 300 unique pushpins and easy-to-use labeling features to help you create a customized data map that you can save and reuse.
- Get more impact with Microsoft Office integration.
MapPoint is designed to work with Microsoft Office so you can easily create maps from data stored in current versions of software including Office Excel, Office Access, Office Outlook, Microsoft SQL Server, or other database sources. Mapping helps you illustrate everything from sales performance and customer locations to new business opportunities. Each map point you display can help you make better business decisions.
- Save time and gas money.
Before you hit the road, plug in your stops and MapPoint will plot the most efficient course with turn-by-turn driving directions. Get 24-hour instant and offline access to detailed information on millions of miles of streets and highways to help you optimize your travel.
- Reduce travel stress.
MapPoint can make your business travel easier. Plan your trip on your PC and then print, or share your route to your GPS navigation device.1 Select the roads you prefer to travel, choose areas to avoid, and define routes based on your desired travel speeds. MapPoint includes many points of interest from gas stations, restaurants, and hotels, to ATMs, post offices, pharmacies, and more that you can add when planning your trips. Navigate with ease!
- Take it with you.
MapPoint helps you keep destination information at your fingertips with mobile integration. Send points of interest and "business card" details, such as addresses and phone numbers, to your mobile device.**
- Extend your business.
Take advantage of the extensible MapPoint object model to build custom business software solutions (such as Fleet Tracking and Business Intelligence) that use maps, driving directions, data mapping, and demographic data that comes with MapPoint.
* GPS device sold separately. GPS functionality requires a GPS device that supports NMEA 2.0 or later and an available USB port. To share your route to your other GPS devices you must export via a GPX file to a GPX-compatible GPS device. Not all GPS devices are supported.
** You may be charged a fee by your wireless provider to receive messages.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 PC|
|Operating System||Windows 7 (2 GB RAM), Windows Vista (1 GB RAM), Windows Server 2008 (512MB RAM), Windows XP (256MB RAM) (64-bit versions of Windows XP and Windows Server excluded); service packs for operating systems recommended|
|Min HDD||2.5 GB|
|Min RAM||Windows 7 (2 GB RAM), Windows Vista (1 GB RAM), Windows Server 2008 (512MB RAM), Windows XP (256MB RAM)|
|Min Screen Requirements||SVGA (1024x768)|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft Internet Explorer|
To use Microsoft MapPoint Europe 2011, you need:
- Windows 7 with 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista with 1 GB RAM, Windows Server 2008 with 512MB RAM, or Windows XP with 256MB RAM (64-bit versions of Windows XP and Windows Server excluded); service packs for operating systems recommended.
- Available hard-disk space: 2.5 GB.
- For installation: DVD-ROM drive or high speed Internet access.
- Super VGA (1024 X 768) or higher resolution monitor.
- Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse, or a compatible pointing device.
Additional items or services required to use certain features:
- For Voice Output: any of the operating systems listed in the above system requirements and a compatible soundcard.
- Microsoft compatible email software such as Microsoft Office Outlook required to use Send to Mobile and Send To as attachment; Office Outlook 2007 or Office Outlook 2010 required to use Send To as picture.
- Broadband Internet service recommended for certain features, which may require payment of a separate fee to an Internet service provider; local and/or long-distance telephone toll charges may apply.
- GPS functionality requires a GPS device that supports NMEA 2.0 or later and an available USB port.
- Certain features require Internet Explorer. If not present, Internet Explorer will be installed but will not displace your primary browser.
- Certain features will not work with the 64bit version of Office 2010.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.