Microsoft Expression Web 2 Upgrade
Enter a new era in Web design. Expression Web 2 gives you all the tools you need to produce high-quality, standards-based Web sites
- Deliver standards-based sites, by default - Microsoft Expression Web 2 builds sites according to today's standards, including XHTML, CSS, XML, and XSLT. For Web designers, that means better rendering in browsers, more relevant indexing in search engines, enhanced productivity, and more.
- Give your creativity new legs - Today's sites use cascading style sheets to separate design from content. The design-focused tools in Expression Web 2 simplify this complex technology and put you in complete control. From visual drag-and-drop margin and padding control to a visual hierarchy of style applications, it's easy to take charge of your design.
- What you see is what they get - Accurate page rendering in the design environment gives you full creative freedom. Expression Web 2 switches from standards to quirks rendering, depending on the doctype in use. You'll have confidence that your designs will translate perfectly from your design tool to the browser.
- Present XML data your way - Working visually with XML data has never been easier. Drag and drop an XML file and watch as it's immediately rendered by an XSL stylesheet that can be reformatted to match any site's style. Now you can easily include, filter, and sort data from any XML source.
- Do more with your sites - Expression Web 2 combines the power of design and development with Microsoft Visual Studio compatibility and support for ASP.NET 3.5 including ASP.NET AJAX and PHP.
WHAT'S NEW IN EXPRESSION WEB 2
- PHP - Microsoft Expression Web 2 enables you to preview PHP pages in your web browser without installing a separate development server or having to upload your website to a server. Just click the Preview in Browser button and you're done.
- Byte order mark options - When you're designing documents encoded as Unicode UTF-8, a byte order mark (BOM) is typically a good thing to have embedded in your documents. But if you're working with PHP pages, or use a server or other tools that do not support a BOM, an embedded BOM can cause unwanted characters to appear in your document, or can create other issues. Expression Web 2 lets you add or remove a BOM in existing documents, and control whether a BOM is added to new documents.
- Silverlight 1.0 - Microsoft Silverlight is a cross-browser, cross-platform plug-in for delivering rich interactive applications for the web. You can use Expression Web 2 to either modify the HTML file that was generated by your Silverlight-authoring program or insert a Silverlight-based application into a web page.
- Flash and Windows Media - Expression Web 2 lets you insert Flash SWF and Windows Media files into your pages, edit their properties, and preview your Flash files in Design view. In addition, you can insert and run any other type of ActiveX control, such as QuickTime or RealPlayer.
- Photoshop Import - Expression Web 2 enables you to generate a .png, .gif, or .jpeg file from a Photoshop .psd file and select the Photoshop layers you want to include or exclude from the image. After using Expression Web 2 to generate a web-optimized image, you can quickly start Adobe Photoshop to modify the original .psd file and then update the image that you generated with Expression Web.
- ASP.NET AJAX - xpression Web 2 provides you with ASP.NET AJAX server controls that enable you to quickly create web pages that include a rich user experience with responsive and familiar user interface (UI) elements. By using AJAX features, you can improve the user experience with web pages that are richer, that are more responsive to user actions, and that behave like traditional client applications.
- Custom ASP.NET controls - Expression Web 2 supports custom ASP.NET controls that you have put in the BIN folder of your website. You can preview custom controls and access the Common Tasks smart tag menu in Design view, edit properties, and use IntelliSense and syntax checking in Code view.
- ASP.NET data controls - Expression Web 2 provides the new DataPager and ListView ASP.NET controls. The ListView control is useful for displaying data in any repeating structure, similar to the DataList and Repeater controls. Unlike those controls, the ListView control supports edit, insert, and delete operations, and also sorting and paging.
- FTP Publishing - Expression Web 2 enables you to set the FTP publishing mode to Passive FTP or normal FTP, and save your FTP user name and password.
- CSS - The Compatibility Reports in Expression Web 2 now check external CSS files, in addition to embedded style sheets, for compatibility with the CSS schema you specify.
- HTML File Extension - Expression Web 2 lets you set your preference for the default HTML file name extension.
- Alphabetized HTML Attributes - A new setting in the Code Formatting options in the Page Editor Options dialog box enables you to control whether HTML attributes are alphabetized or not in the code of your web pages. By default, tag attributes are now written in alphabetical order when Expression Web 2 adds HTML tags to your page.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Upgrade Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista|
|Min CPU||PC with 700 MHz or faster processor|
|Min HDD||1.5 GB|
|Min RAM||512 MB or more|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024 x 768 or higher-resolution monitor|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
- Microsoft Windows XP with SP2 or Windows Vista operating system
- PC with 700 MHz or faster processor
- 512 MB of RAM or more
- 1.5 GB of available hard-disk space
- DVD-ROM drive
- 1024 x 768 or higher-resolution monitor with 24-bit color
- Internet functionality requires Internet access (additional fees may apply)
- Actual requirements and product functionality may vary based on your system configuration and operating system.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.